Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374180 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12435 on: July 15, 2014, 02:54:28 pm »

Because if yer zombie digs itself out of the grave all the stuff you were buried with can be easily stolen.
That is why you get a family crypt. So when some grave robber tries to steal your crap, all your ancestors gang up on him.
And give the adventurers a bunch of easy exp? No chance. I'll give them land mines over levels any day.
Ah, but there is the catch: you give each and every corpse a harness containing an armed mine. So when they collide with the intruder, they explode.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: July 15, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »

Vaporized by some guards because I wasn't quick enough on the draw.

Star Trek: Judgement Rites.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: July 15, 2014, 05:01:03 pm »

Because if yer zombie digs itself out of the grave all the stuff you were buried with can be easily stolen.
That is why you get a family crypt. So when some grave robber tries to steal your crap, all your ancestors gang up on him.
And give the adventurers a bunch of easy exp? No chance. I'll give them land mines over levels any day.

Ah, but disabling land mines gives them bonus loot AND exp.
I say add some unexpected high-level robot that assaults looters or is simply programmed to defend those buried in the crypt.

Or, you know, before you bury yourself, attach blades to your bones and have yourself buried in some light armour
 That should give you an edge.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: July 15, 2014, 05:58:27 pm »

Any guardian will be defeated by adventurers eventually.  No matter how strong it is, there will be a high-level party desperate for that sweet XP and scrap loot.  Self-destructs, even if they work, are pyrrhic at best.

No, the secret to protecting your legacy is simple:
Sell it to adventurers
Send them on level-inappropriate quests
Loot their corpses
Be a vampire (Or start a family I GUESS)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: July 15, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »

Well, isn't the best way to prevent grave robbery to not have a grave? Just don't die.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: July 15, 2014, 07:08:12 pm »

A zombie randomly appeared out of nowhere and killed me. I was playing on Hardcore, too...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: July 15, 2014, 08:13:03 pm »

A zombie randomly appeared out of nowhere and killed me. I was playing on Hardcore, too...

Zombies were a huge annoyance/threat imo with the introduction of longrange-hording/baby zombies.  Creepers are weaksauce compared to them . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: July 15, 2014, 08:37:37 pm »

I fell off goddamn Rainbow Road, preventing me for the sixth or seventh time from winning the Mirror Lightning Cup.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12443 on: July 15, 2014, 08:44:07 pm »

Baby zombies are annoying and terrible.  They don't even take damage from sunlight, the cheaters.

There are some pirates holed up in a shack in the nearby swamp.  On my way there's a hill, so I grab some air and use my bat-like wings to get there faster.  A little too fast.  I land right at the front door of about 5 very confused, very vulgar pirates.  I dive around the side of the shack only to find 3 more coming at me in a line.  Stab, stab, thrown knife to the throat... It only takes a second, but in that second the pirates behind me gun me down.

Far Cry 3: Rebalanced Mod.  Wallets are a lot larger, crafting recipes are more diverse, the storyline-progress skill tiers are abolished, and oh right enemy guns do the same damage as your own.  Which, it turns out, is a lot.  Most snipers kill in 2 shots despite max health, and charging out of cover with a knife is often suicide even if they're clumped up for a chain-stabbing.  Fun this way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Recluse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: July 15, 2014, 09:31:11 pm »

Got electrocuted from behind by a bandit spamming Lightning Bolt.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: July 15, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

I sign up for a 4v4 game, playing with my Red Dragons (North Korea + China) deck. Allies are Eastern Bloc, USSR and unrestricted Redfor, enemies are American armoured, Commonwealth, France and Unrestricted Blufor(Always a worry, unrestricted blufor is easily the best deck in the game.). I take the center, leaving my allies to hold the flanks.

It doesn't start too badly; I'm up against the American Armoured, with assistance from the French (AA and Recon only), and while I lose one of my fighters to said AA (Lucky shots from a Crotale blob) the rest of my units make it to their positions and start firing. I've brought SU-100s (WW2 Soviet TD, pawned off on the North Koreans. Surprisingly accurate, but not much punch), Chon'Ma Ho IVs (North Korean Tank based on the soviet T-62. Reloads slow, but has nice punch and really good accuracy for a redfor tank) and a ZTQ-62G (Chinese Recon Tank. Similar to the Chon'Mas, but with less armour and more vision). The SU-100s can't do anything vs the Abrams push, as their guns can't hope to penetrate that armour at range, but they distract the enemy and keep their frontal armour facing away from my other tanks, which flank into a forest and start hitting the Abrams and Crotales in the side. They easily make back their points, and the points of the destroyed fighter, before they're destroyed. Using this time, I set up a defensive group of Ban-Tank Fagot squads, (North Korean ATGM infantry using the Soviet Fagot missile launcher. You take them for the name, you keep them because they're actually good) and they start putting missiles into any Abrams brave enough to show its' face. Which seems to be most of them, and they explode rather nicely when hit by enough missiles. I use a sniper team to scout out the few that made it into cover, and they soon die of Fagot too. I have been pushed back from the middle sector of the map by this armour rush, but victory in this gamemode is gained by blowing up the enemy, and I'm ahead on that score. I continue holding on, frequently using exceedingly cheap units to destroy far more expensive units (North Korean Reservists with PPSh SMGs and RPG-2s killed a lot of American Riflemen, their transports and a Recon Bradley, paying for themselves something like 9 times over), but my allies on the flanks fail. Hard. I frequently have to point out exceedingly obvious things to do, and despite my best efforts, we get pushed back. 2 of my teammates promptly leave, which means I have control of their units as I'm first on the list of players for my side. Of course, they invariably have terrible and terribly positioned units, and I can't salvage this game. We're pushed back everywhere except the center, which holds off every assault with ease until we're hit from the rear. Eventually the enemy manage to kill enough of the awful units I've inherited to hit the points limit (8k), and we lose.

Kinda annoyed, as if my allies had been anywhere near average at the game, it's quite possible we could have won. Those Nato assaults were pretty damn terrible, they frequently overextended and outran their AA and if I'd had the spare points to deal with 2 fronts, I could probably have held one off alone.

I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

moosejr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: July 15, 2014, 11:34:02 pm »

Crossing a river in adventure mode with my human swordsman vampire lord...The river froze and I was encased in ice.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: July 15, 2014, 11:43:27 pm »

You should try climbing and jumping across next time.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: July 15, 2014, 11:45:35 pm »

In my experience, sprinting and jumping can usually allow you to clear a river in a single bound.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:27 am »

How do you get sprinting to augment jumping? It's always the same jump distance for me.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1575