Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372590 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6585 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:36 pm »

A fire axe CANNOT beat a cult blade.

SS13.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:34 am »

Numerous attempts to reach an abandoned fortress. List of deaths include:
  • Ambushed by sylvan elves
  • Black bears
  • Bogeymen, led by a Night Maiden
  • Freezing to death in the ocean, after rigging the arrow key to stay pressed for about 15 minutes. Twice
  • Raptors, although I'll admit, they give quite a bit of meat
  • Black bears, again
  • And finally reaching the fortress, grabbing much stuff, including several artifacts, and then skydiving into Hell(intentional)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: September 07, 2012, 01:29:55 pm »

Big army of Welsh longbowmen and light infantry, with some medium cavalry backup because Wales doesn't believe in 'heavy' anything. Land on this little island owned by the Norwegians.
Little did I know they had TWO fullstack armies outside their FORTRESS, and then ANOTHER full stack INSIDE THEIR FORTRESS.
Needless to say, my relatively vicious army of light infantry was swamped in the tide of heavy infantry with axes.

Although, I did severely damage them, and when I came back with a slightly heavier army, I took their empty castle from them while distracting them with cavalry, then hid in the castle and let them try to take it. Longbowmen on castle walls vs an enemy with no ladders and only one hole in the wall filled with heavy spearmen = totally awesome to watch.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: September 07, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

Longbowmen on castle walls vs an enemy with no ladders and only one hole in the wall filled with heavy spearmen = totally awesome to watch.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: September 07, 2012, 02:55:30 pm »

33 elfs vs 563 uruk orks and random goblins n stuff
arrow rain
goblin stunlock
HUGE TROLL
survived them all but then
Balrog...
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6590 on: September 07, 2012, 07:00:17 pm »

A fire axe CANNOT beat a cult blade.

SS13.

It's not just the weapon, it's the robuster himself. If you can move around while still hitting the other guy, preferably in the face, you can beat a cult blade just fine.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: September 07, 2012, 07:18:38 pm »

Teleported to the planet and built a factory as usual. Went hunting for resources while the factory did its thing, and came back to a dozen tanks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: September 07, 2012, 07:31:21 pm »

Traitor got me while the last other inno was AFK. Knife to the face, yeow.

TTT

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: September 07, 2012, 09:23:21 pm »

Teleported to the planet and built a factory as usual. Went hunting for resources while the factory did its thing, and came back to a dozen tanks.
What tech?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: September 07, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

Decided I would form an independent Zoroastrian kingdom or die trying.

You can guess the result.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: September 07, 2012, 10:14:40 pm »

This one was so close to a moment of ownage...

The scenario: a Very Large UFO was detected over Europe and destroyed the plasma-armed Interceptor sent to bring it down. It eventually landed in Northern France, and the only team that could make it in time was Bravo Squad, made up mostly of rookies after a disastrous terror mission. Only half the team was armored, and other than two heavy plasma guns and a single stun launcher everyone was armed solely with laser rifles.

Thankfully, it was the middle of the day when the Skyranger landed. The UFO was massive, and Snakemen were wandering outside of it. Amazingly, Bravo Squad dealt with all visible hostiles without a single casualty and proceeded to clear every building on the map while some of the team took up spots near the UFO's entrance in preparation of breaching.

Suddenly, one of the doors on the craft opened and an insectile black shape came out. Crysalid! The rookies opened fire while it charged directly towards the ranking officer on the squad; a sergeant who had, on her first and only other mission, made five kills with accurate long-ranged fire. Several shots hit the beast but it remained standing, and in what were undoubtedly her final moments the sergeant managed to get off a shot right before it could strike. Astonishingly, the crysalid actually turned tail at that point and tried to retreat, though further reaction fire killed it. This all happened in a single enemy phase, by the way.

Well, knowing that these monsters were on board the ship, there was no way I was sending Bravo Team in. The squad formed up within sight range of the entrance, hunkered down behind what little cover there was, and prepared themselves to blast anything that moved. And it worked! Alien after alien, Snakeman and crysalid alike, were gunned down without mercy. Some of the snakemen managed to get shots off, one of which hit an unarmored rookie who remained standing. At this point, I was suitably impressed by Bravo Squad.

Then finally, the door opened one more time. A couple of shots hit the shadowy figure, but it stayed alive. It fired the most feared weapon in the alien arsenal, a super-charged rocket that could turn corners and navigate around obstacles. 4 members of Bravo Squad died in an instant, and the alien was shot and killed with a vengeance. The mission ended immediately afterward.

tl;dr: Fully intact very large UFO, loaded with crysalids, perfect mission ruined at the last possible moment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: September 07, 2012, 10:27:29 pm »

What tech?
Only tech 1, but they destroyed what I had before I could get the commander back to guard, so I was basically screwed. I'm really not very good at this game.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:23 pm »

Defending a station that makes something or another from pirates when one of my turrets friendly fires it for about the 5th time. That was the last straw, and the station turned hostile. My Centaur's turrets keep shooting at it before I can change their settings and my relation with the Paranids drops several levels. Then the rapid response force came, with some big, mean ships.

It didn't end well.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: September 08, 2012, 01:50:43 am »

killed by ratmen under the city while trying to kill a batwoman night creature. despite the death the adventure had one of the best moments of my adventure mode time.   "the tower cap blowdart strikes you in the lower body. but it deflected by the cave spider silk loincloth!"

also had a dungion connecting into the sewers, not sure how rare that is.

Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: September 08, 2012, 01:53:49 am »

Died in the maw of a giant mouth creature, being attacked by a dude who looks like a giant beetle and was spawning tentacles out of the ground that shot friggin laser beams.

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 1575