Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373432 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17370 on: June 09, 2016, 09:37:16 pm »

A very long heat wave combined with my inability to create any form of cooling shortly after the game started led to a quick demise of my colony.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17371 on: June 09, 2016, 10:55:52 pm »

Multiple, multiple instances of misjudging jumps, landing surfaces, and the distances of either.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: June 09, 2016, 11:59:14 pm »

The metal wolfdogthing (first real boss) kicked my ass like 8 times before I looked it up.  Mainly because I couldn't keep the camera on him.

Turns out there were a bunch of controls the game never told me about ):<
I still don't know how to dodge, and the "parry" still got me tail-whipped like half the time, but auto-using health packs is KINDA NICE.  And being locked on made it *much* easier to evade and at least practice parrying.

Metal Gear Revengeance

(I'm not dissuaded, it's still rad as hell.  Just harder than I thought, and a bit poorly explained.)
(Should probably at least try a controller, I GUESS)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17373 on: June 10, 2016, 12:47:36 pm »

Metal Gear *Rising Revengeance
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17374 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:51 pm »

Something's rising alright
This is where I'd say "the difficulty", except honestly the second boss was a lot easier than the first.  I don't think it was even just the learning curve.
I'm sure it'll start getting more difficult soon.  It's not feeling too easy, either, it's about right now that I understand the mechanics better.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17375 on: June 10, 2016, 01:49:24 pm »

Tried charging/closing in while in an open area.

Against someone fairly skilled at using the Sharps Permanent Face Remover (or Sharps for short).

Fistful of Frags.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17376 on: June 10, 2016, 02:06:45 pm »

Jumped into a pit to dodge the Beholster's shots.

Enter the Gungeon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17377 on: June 10, 2016, 02:43:55 pm »

I beat the boss of the second floor, then the third floor. Then I went down for many floors without finding much in the way of anything, until I stumbled across another boss that wrecked me pretty much instantly.

Touhou Diablo: Treasure Hunter G.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: June 10, 2016, 03:34:00 pm »

A month (in-game time) into the current game. I have a large walk in freezer filled with dead alphabeavers, muffaloes and strawberries, I have some shiny guns that I plundered from invading bandits, a total of 6 pawns, some buildings for housing and crafting and a nice little inn for visitors.
Everything is fine and peaceful, Randy has been benign so far (in hindsight probably a very bad sign).

I get visited by a very large caravan (around 20 pawns + as many dogs) from the friendly tribesmen next door and I'm looking fowwards to the silver I'll get thanks to my inn.
Tribals hang around a few days and another friendly group arrives, a few heaviely armed cyborg dudes (power armor + rocket launchers and plasma guns) from a faction I've never seen before.
They hang around my base for a little while, but stay outside my buildings. Tribals decide to leave, step out of the inn and suddenly my base looks like Vietnam. There is fire everywhere, people are blowing up, the tribals rush the cyborgs with spears and swords, somehow manage to kill the guy with the plasma rifle.
Rocket launcher dudes keep shooting, one of my pawns gets killed accidently, his wife snaps and starts shooting random stuff with her sniper rifle.
Somebody somehow manages to hit a deer camping near my base and the whole pack of 15 or so deer goes manhunter.
My boomalope stable catches fire (why did I even have one of those?) and everything goes downhill from there.

At the end only one of my pawns is still standing, there are dead and dying dogs, deer and tribals everywhere, the lone surviving cyborg is fleeing towards the map edge with both his arms missing. Half my stuff is still on fire, yet Randy decides this is a great time for a toxic fallout event. Can't send my survivor inside because of the fire, can't let him stay outside because of the fallout. He dies.

GG Randy.

(heaviely modded Rimworld)
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17379 on: June 10, 2016, 04:27:34 pm »

A dogman brutalized and killed me.

Neo Scavenger

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: June 10, 2016, 07:49:51 pm »

Wait sorry, you're saying that *Minesweeper* is bugged?
Are you using the Windows 10 version or something
She/they

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17381 on: June 10, 2016, 08:12:52 pm »

How can you possibly screw up the programming of Minesweeper, Microsoft?! Hell, even with my limited knowledge of programming, I could come up with a perfectly fine version of it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17382 on: June 10, 2016, 11:02:29 pm »

Flipping hell the stealth-kill range on these ape-like bots is stupid.  Several times now I've been detected by running into them before the fricken "Press F" notification appeared.  I've started spamming F when I'm anywhere near their backs, but even that doesn't trigger sometimes.

And when they trigger?  Over half of their attacks are the yellow (unparryable) grab moves which make me sit through a "hey dumbass you screwed up" animation.  Or stun attacks which, 9 times out of 10, lead into said grab moves.

Exacerbated because the level is almost pitch black.  I have a vision mode, but it mysteriously turns off if I attack, or traverse over of the many obstacles.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

I still like it a lot but uggh.
She/they

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17383 on: June 10, 2016, 11:12:15 pm »

IIRC, you can stealth-kill from above and it's a lot easier to manage.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17384 on: June 11, 2016, 01:03:07 am »

Turn up your brightness on the monitor, that level was crystal clear for me.

And yeah, Revengeance's combat made you feel oddly weak for what the game is.  For those not in the know, its fruit ninja but with people.  Lot of enemy attacks that were difficult to counter, and the camera could be difficult to wrangle on top of that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 1575