Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373594 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17355 on: June 06, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »

I tried Planetside 2 since a lot of people here seem to play it.

I did manage to take out some stationary vehicles, which mostly didn't even realize I was there until the rockets hit. However, once players started arriving on foot, my brilliant plan of "hide until you can shoot at a huge non-moving target" fell apart.

Planetside 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: June 07, 2016, 04:34:54 am »

Try not to go solo. You'll be overwhelmed eventually. And by "eventually", I mean "disconcertingly quickly". Rocketing tanks is not actually a good solo strategy anyway, as MBTs(TR Prowlers, NC Vanguards, and VS goddamned OP hovertanks Magriders) will survive more hits than you have ammo for, especially if they get out and repair. However, them getting out to repair is when you should kill the driver. The stupid ones will be in the open, smart ones will retreat a ways to better cover - you won't kill them, but they'll be out of the fight for a short while. This strategy may not work with the MBTs, since they'll likely have a top gunner in addition to the driver.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: June 07, 2016, 12:56:58 pm »

Decided to switch the difficulty to Easy today. I got to the demi-final sector with the Torus before being asploded by a Glaive beam. In general, this was better than my earlier results, though I was somewhat surprised by the fact that it was still somewhat difficult.

And then I realized I forgot to actually switch the difficulty.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: June 07, 2016, 02:56:21 pm »

Nice.  I was gonna say, the difference is pretty huge (main in terms of how much scrap gets thrown at you).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: June 07, 2016, 03:06:47 pm »

Stupid random London citizens, walking into me and killing me while I try to collect clues and beat them up for pocket change >:c

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: June 07, 2016, 03:16:31 pm »

That title went places :P

Still, its fair to assume that any given London citizen at that point in history was a criminal.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:46 am »

The enemies on floor 2 hit for 16hp. For reference, your health with the starting equipment is 32hp. Cirno and Reimu did not last long.

Touhou Diablo. It's a pretty cool fan game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: June 08, 2016, 10:43:14 am »

They took my guns and I fell in lava.

Tomb Raider 1
Shoes...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: June 08, 2016, 05:28:00 pm »

The enemies on floor 2 hit for 16hp. For reference, your health with the starting equipment is 32hp. Cirno and Reimu did not last long.

Touhou Diablo. It's a pretty cool fan game.
From bullet hell to just regular hell?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: June 08, 2016, 06:27:23 pm »

There's still bullets, but no hell yet.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: June 08, 2016, 08:13:47 pm »

Clannfear.

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Why the fuck are these tiny skinny dinosaur things harder for a spellsword to kill than a roid-raged Daedroth that can breathe fire and use shield spells?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: June 08, 2016, 09:26:39 pm »

Because they're tiny and skinny, and thus harder to hit?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: June 08, 2016, 11:31:20 pm »

The boss of floor 2 has a laser attack. Trying to dodge it only guarantees that it will hit you. Also, she has some sort of cloud attack that does a ridiculous 32 damage, and the projectiles are so large that it's impossible to tell whether you're safely between the projectiles or about to get hit.

Touhou Diablo.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17368 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:12 am »

I might be a bit off, having been a while since I've touched it, but B8's boss is a real booger.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: June 09, 2016, 07:56:59 pm »

Oh cool, a breakable-looking block.  Seems like there's a puzzle on the other side, guess I'll just whip this and OH GODS LIGHTNING!

La Mulana (original)
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 1575