Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374125 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12915 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:00 am »

Going off-topic a bit: You could say that Arceus created the universe and a few others, but Mew is where all the (other) pokemon come from, there'd be no paradox there. Especially considering that these are in fact the gods of the pokemon universe and not pokemon themselves in a way (like animal or human-shaped gods in some religions aren't animals or humans at all). The games just let you capture them because that's how the game works.

To stay on topic:
Newest co-op playthrough, at around level 26:
I close into melee range vs a badass marauder, then instantly get downed into FFYL. I'm used to it, sometimes things just kill you. I proceed to cut the marauder once, but since he gets away, I switch to my sniper and headshot him, almost downed...
Then he promptly takes a few more steps back, down the stairs where I can no longer see him or shoot him in any way, all I can do is watch as the timer ticks off and I finally die...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: September 26, 2014, 07:02:16 am »

Opened a door, and an Armacham grunt with impressive shooting skills triple-tapped me from nearly-full health before I could even get my gun up.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12917 on: September 26, 2014, 10:13:25 am »

It feels like they were trying far too hard to make that funny.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: September 27, 2014, 12:31:38 pm »

When a level is named "Satan's Dark Delight", you have to wonder exactly what the level has in store for you.

Turns out it's ogres. A lot of ogres, and they know how to jump now. Out of 38 total kills possible, I'd guess at least 24 of those are ogres, and most of them are tucked away in monster closets, on ledges just out of your vision, or waiting behind teleporters.

Quake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: September 27, 2014, 01:21:16 pm »

It feels like they were trying far too hard to make that funny.
I don't feel that way.
I think it was just enough.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: September 27, 2014, 11:41:40 pm »

There's a part in E3M6 where you need to pass under a bridge that leads to the exit. I thought I'd be clever and rocket jump onto the bridge, thus bypassing the last segment of the level.

As soon as I touched the bridge, two Fiends spawned to either side of me. I died in a matter of seconds.

Quake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: September 28, 2014, 10:49:02 am »

Goddamn the Algerians. They've got a unique warship that has about 50% more health than my frigates and more range and absurd accuracy. They've also got a unique cavarly that just walks over my pikemen. I couldn't keep them off my shores and I ragequit when they started building their ships twice as fast(somehow, even the resources would be prohibitive for that) I could send out frigates.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12922 on: September 28, 2014, 11:57:21 am »

15 of my best units lay siege to Edinburgh, which only has 2 generals in it. Scotland's field army of about 11 units just finished taking a rebel town to the north, and are in a turn's distance from my army. Fortunately, the rebels took a bit of a toll on that army, who is now at ~60-70% strength. I set orders to build a ram and a couple of ladder, finish my other stuff around the realm, and end the turn. The Scot's army moves down towards mine, but stops one tile away from being able to reinforce the besieged. I'm quite happy with this.

And then a storm cloud comes over Edinburgh. I don't know what this means, and I frankly don't care. I skip past the announcement and go to start the attack.

That's when I notice that a) the Scots have recruits a couple new militia units and b) every unit in my army is at half strength.

The storm has completely halved my army's strength. So now I'm going back to Nottingham in order to retrain my units, with a Scottish army marching towards my poorly defended town halfway between Edinburgh and Nottingham.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: September 28, 2014, 12:22:55 pm »

Opened a door, and an Armacham grunt with impressive shooting skills triple-tapped me from nearly-full health before I could even get my gun up.

I still haven't finished that game, I have to find some time for it later.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: September 28, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

Those fucking panthers...

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: September 28, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »

WHY ARE EXTRA LIVES SO HARD TO GET BACK ARRRGH

Mega Man Zero

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: September 29, 2014, 01:07:11 am »

My gang had agreed to a trade with a local gang - several full bags of meth, in exchange for vital information as to the whereabouts of another cartel's leaders. Having bravely fended off a horde of law enforcers to cook the meth, we were ready for the trade. Once we had the information, we were, of course, planning on murdering the gangsters and stealing back the meth, but one thing at a time.

The gangsters beat us to the punch, betrayal-wise, by backstabbing our crew and opening fire. The rest of the gang had headed into the building, where we'd been told the intel was located, while I'd stayed out by the truck full of drugs. A half-dozen gangsters simultaneously opened fire from point-blank range, dropping me in seconds, and the rest of my team was unable to revive me in time.

I'd honestly forgotten that the gang could betray you, though I guess it's karmic justice for all those times we slaughtered them for a million or so worth of drug money.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: September 29, 2014, 04:48:59 pm »

Hi Mr. Bear, meet mister chariot.  He's fast, and at least your equal.  What's that?  you beat my chariot at 5% odds?  Fuck you too, mr bear.  Since when do bears beat chariots?

CIV IV

---

Hi, Mr. archer, meet mister chariot the Second.  He's  fast, and at least your equal.  What's that?  you beat my chariot at 5% odds?  Fuck you too.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:52:25 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: September 29, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: September 29, 2014, 06:46:46 pm »

Pokemon doesn't care for lore all that much.

Mew is the ancestor to all pokemon, yet Arceus, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, Palkia...

They presumably all existed before Mew.

And the fact there are like, forty thousand pokegods.

But the people in Pokemon aren't that smart, so its probably all just strong pokemon being hailed as gods when they're just above average.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1575