Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: What is your fighting style?  (Read 12655 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is your fighting style?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »

Shield+bronze scimitar scimitar seems to cut through anything like butter i just chop arms, hands, legs, anything i can easily strike, it's also easy to chop a head off with a scimitar

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 12:45:31 pm »

I'm a headhunter when I go on quests. My main aim is to sever the heads of my enemies; especially the leaders' first, so I can introduce myself to his comrades with their leader's head like it's a sock puppet.

It does help if I get enough ! opportunity strikes. It makes it easier to knock them out and have a clean opening to play tee-ball with their melons.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 12:49:42 pm »

I usually wield around 8 shields. I just come up to enemies, wrestle their weapons out of their hands and kill them with the said weapons. It's much more effective than trying to kill them when they are armed. I sometimes wrestle shields out of their hands too so I get more shields with each bandit I get.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 12:57:48 pm »

wtf 8 shields, metagaming octopus lol

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »

Go sneaking in the woods and then use every single opportunity strike available.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 01:06:10 pm »

I just notice...couldn't I octo-wield shields by simply [r]emoving them from the inventory into my hands?
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 01:14:39 pm »

Using a whip ATM, and I must say it owns. Chip bone, chip bone, Ahh the pain *collapses*, whip in the head breaking the skull and tearing the brain.

I'm collecting all my kill's weapons and keeping them too, then throwing them at the next enemy.

Now I've got my hands on a scimitar to throw too, so I can slow them down significantly. Took one dudes leg off from several paces!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 01:17:17 pm »

I'm playing with a monk character, breaking heads with my bare hands. Unfortunately I caught an ax to the arm and lost the ability to use it so I am now a one armed bandit.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:34:57 pm by Bronimin »

do_Malho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 01:34:52 pm »

I tried 4 axedorfs, but after they got frozen, eaten by a night creature, slain by a copper bolt and chopped to pieces by an outlaw (not necessarily on this order) I tried a speardorf to see if the weapon was jinxing it.

So far my favourite method of fighting involves stabbing the hands to cut them off and make them drop their weapons and keep poking the body until an opportunity arises to drive the spear through the head of the current opponent... And when I do so a voice always ring in my head "headshot!"  :)
Anarquia ao poder!

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 02:02:40 pm »

Hmm... Is it possible to dual-wield shields? Gotta try...

I don't think the game is keeping track of items and weapons wielded properly. I have had no problem wielding over 6 weapons at the same time, along with several shields.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 02:11:23 pm »

Dang, halberds, with the right skills, are brutal. You can just lop off limbs and heads with single blows without even trying.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 02:17:54 pm »

Does it have it's own skill? Still, I like being a master lasher. Eat chipped skull!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 02:24:04 pm »

Halberds count as axes. I like them for their versatility...but I'm a 0 point dabbler in axes, so wut wut!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »

I like whips and axes. But then as I said, I rarely get into combat myself after the first few bandits, I just let the meat shields do the work, while I 'lead' them from the back line.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12