A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142561 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2235 on: November 24, 2010, 02:21:18 am »

Updated Schedule:

12-1 Sleep
1-2 OHGODWHY
2-6 Set up Forge using Forge Tools and Table +1
6-7 Breakfast of Num Num Rollies and Dwarven Rum
7-3 SECRET PROJECT. Shoo away anyone who comes to see it, telling them it's a surprise.
3-4 Dinner of Sunscale Salmon and Dwarven Wine
4-5 Sing for Urist
5-12 Sleep
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 24, 2010, 02:21:38 am »

Also, if it's an idol to Hipobis and/or me, you are my hero for life.

...But you're dead...

... erm... unlife?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 24, 2010, 02:26:26 am »

Well, since dwarves view coffins and sarcophogi as pleasant features that properly honour the dead, a centrepiece for the dining hall or putting it in a little alcove.

If Urist chooses that the gold should be made into a tribute (to both Norrec and her deity), I'll do that. If not, for the time being that will have to wait and we'll have to make either a wooden or a stone casket.

I'll shift my schedule around anyway:

00-01: sleep
01-02: be awoken to general ruckus; take the opportunity to mix dwarven rum, pure alcohol and water in equal parts, to properly honour the dead (should create 3 drinks); drink 1 of these servings, eat some Sandow stew
02-04: with Tholtig, set up forge with +1 table, +1 forge tools and anvil
04-10: get Tholtig to stoke the fire; take a copper bar, smith butcher's tools (an array of copper knives), as I had planned to do with the now-dead Norrec
10-12: take a power nap
12-13: pray to Hipobis Giltgold, not as a follower but for help delivering Dwarven justice to the perpetrator and for Norrec to arrive safely with the dragon
13-14: early meal of pit worm meat and more of the drink I mixed earlier
14-22: hardcore, TAKEN-TO-THE-NEXT-LEVEL, all-out digging of the Northern room
22-24: drink the remains of the drink I made earlier, collapse in the tend and sleep

Tholtig, I hope you don't mind stoking the fire for me; I can't imagine setting the forge up will take 4 hours if we're both on it.

On the design of the eventual golden casket (whether with the current gold or at a future time), I feel it should be in the image of a great dragon, its wings encircling and concealing the corpse of Norrec.

Finally, I believe the proper traditional punishment for Mikhail is to be caged, stripped, and then to have the cage dropped off the cliffs or into an arena pit full of goblins or monsters. Thus, I have voted for imprisonment.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:55:41 am by Samthere »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 24, 2010, 02:27:57 am »

0100: Right before going to sleep, Litast is alerted that Norrec has been assassinated by Mikhail
0200-0400: Not being able to go to sleep - Litast mourns for her childhood friend and takes out all of her stress on a nearby tree
0500-1000: Litast cries herself to sleep
1100: Eat a late breakfast of a plump helmet and ale
1200-1900: Put my soul into cutting my flawless jet to resemble Norrec's face, planning on placing it onto his coffin
2000: Eat dinner of chicken and rum
2100: Pass out from mental exhaustion
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 24, 2010, 02:30:19 am »

7-3 SECRET PROJECT. Shoo away anyone who comes to see it, telling them it's a surprise.
OMG KEEL ZE HERETIC

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 24, 2010, 02:31:05 am »

OMG KEEL ZE HERETIC

No need to beat a dead horse.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 24, 2010, 02:34:07 am »

DON'T CALL NORREC A HORSE. TOO SOON.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 24, 2010, 02:35:52 am »

Okay, I lol'd.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 24, 2010, 02:36:27 am »

I saw that coming... I really did... Can we really just drop the whole thing?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 24, 2010, 02:37:16 am »

I found a horse and gave it to the camp, along with the orders that came with the horse.  Might want to give those a look some time, I never read them up close.

Also, I approve of casket design :)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 24, 2010, 02:39:05 am »

I found a horse and gave it to the camp, along with the orders that came with the horse.

Oh, yes! I forgot about that after you were killed. Perhaps it would be more appropriate for Litast to remember to read it tomorrow as Norrec has died today.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 24, 2010, 02:50:59 am »

When it comes to crafting the sarcophagus, if myself (as a novice metalsmith and metalcrafter, and all round forge-dude), Tholtig (as a skilled metalcrafter), and Kogan (as a skilled metalsmith) spent a day doing it together, we should be able to produce something spectacular.

OOC: sleeping, night all!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:58:15 am by Samthere »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 24, 2010, 03:06:56 am »

Shem is awoken by the screams of Urist. He immediately grabs a backpack, some food, some booze and a spare waterskin, and his pick, then goes after Mikhail. He makes a vow as he leaves.

"By Etur, Akil, Tobul Granitehand, Ekast, and yes, Hipobis Giltgold, I swear that Mikhail will answer for his crimes and be brought to justice. If that means his death, then so be it."

[Congradulations, you're now a hunted dorf, Lillipad.]

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 24, 2010, 03:09:53 am »

Shem: "We need a place to put Norrec's coffin. I wouldn't mind just digging up a bit of dirt and burying it there, at least until we get proper catacombs beneath the surface. What do you think?"

"I will help dig them, yes. First Mikhail must answer for his crimes."

Do we have a spare set of chainmail? If so, claim it.

Also, sorry for doublepost.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 24, 2010, 03:14:25 am »

Why do we punish? If it is to reap vengence then what does vengence gain us? It does not help our food supplies, it does not help us dig. It is a wild goose chase. Let go of your retributive emotions, you can sacrifice them for material gain, material gain for the whole community. Do not the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? there is still much work to be done. The future of the fortress demands it!

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 249