A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142802 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2115 on: November 23, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »

Also, I'm not really declaring myself Grand Inquisitor, it's just clear to me that something is going on and I must take it into my own hands to get answers.
That's right. I can't be bothered to deal with this, just so long as I can make my ballista towers and apparently excessive amounts of traps. (They're not excessive!)
*shrug*  If you want to do the questioning that's fine by me, but clearly something is amiss, passing out when trying to contact your god and blacking out while hunting and waking up with a dead deer next to you are not normal activities.

Also, I blacked out much earlier than I should have.  There is something wrong with that event.  I mean, if you want to see the quote

You load and crank the crossbow, and advance slowly while letting your eyes adjust to the darkness...

You awaken in daylight. It's near noon. You are lying in the snow, but the cave is nowhere in sight. There is a small deer at your feet, neck broken. You're not sure where you are, but you must still be in the forest north of the cliffs. You feel hungry, thirsty and weak. You have all your supplies.

You try telling me that is a normal event.  Also the PM before that placed the time at 3 AM.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 23, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »

If Norrec launches an inquisition, I'm opposing it violently. With bolts. And fire... Also, I've already started a pile of crossbows, so once those are finished the Not Inquisition side gets a large supply of most likely low quality weapons, but they'll at least work!
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 23, 2010, 08:39:23 pm »

So now I'm supposed to let dark powers take control of this fortress?  Clearly something is wrong here.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 23, 2010, 08:40:28 pm »

Excellent, thank you Lillipad. Oh, by the way, like Shade-o said, bolts level Bowyer skill. So making bolts won't do me any good; I guess we can just go with your original plan where you make the bolts.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 23, 2010, 08:58:29 pm »

If you start some sort of religious Unquisition, I'm going to have to consult Oggez.
Or maybe Kizbiz, that guy seems pretty on the ball.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 23, 2010, 09:02:15 pm »

Hum... To be honest, it sounds like you invaded the home of a very friendly yeti, who clocked you out, carried you around, and killed a deer for you.

I mean, I'm not sure what a malicious power would try to accomplish by feeding you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 23, 2010, 09:03:41 pm »

It could even be his stupid wealth beast trying to give him some snacks to fuel him toward making/opening his tavern.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: November 23, 2010, 09:11:39 pm »

Hum... To be honest, it sounds like you invaded the home of a very friendly yeti, who clocked you out, carried you around, and killed a deer for you.

I mean, I'm not sure what a malicious power would try to accomplish by feeding you.

Ooooh, maybe Norrec is the yeti's new bestest friend pet! Now she's wandered off and Zugg is scared witless!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:01 pm »

A hooved yeti?  When the hell did those things come around.  If it was bipedal I wouldn't have gone around, whatever I was following had hooves.  That leaves pretty much moose, elk, and deer.  Also if it was friendly, why would it knock me out?

How about this, I'll take somebody else with me.  I choose Shem personally as he's a neutral party and is likely to report the facts as he sees them (even though I gave you the exact same PM I got).  Then if something happens, at least there will be two accounts.  If we both get knocked out and dragged around and have no idea who did it, then I'm voting malevolent evil force brought here by the heretics.

Also it was definitely not Hipobis Giltgold, when I have gotten in contact with him before it was nothing like being knocked out and having a deer given to me for no reason.  Also, you're on the list for not showing proper deference to a deity.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 23, 2010, 09:19:42 pm »

I think there's more people on the list than off it at this point.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »

Shem could have better things to do than follow you around... including digging out those areas you were advocating so much for a day ago.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:56 pm »

I'd like to remind you that I'm a skilled marksman who's more heavily defended than any other player. I can snipe you, or I can dismember you with a point blank shot. If you're going to fight me, you'd better have a backup plan.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 23, 2010, 09:25:32 pm »

Also it was definitely not Hipobis Giltgold, when I have gotten in contact with him before it was nothing like being knocked out and having a deer given to me for no reason.  Also, you're on the list for not showing proper deference to a deity.
Also he's a dragon.
Dragons are not sneaky creatures, God-dragons especially.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 23, 2010, 09:26:22 pm »

Well, apparently everyone here is willing to let the crazy freak go do whatever he wants to do, doom our fortress our not. 

I mean, it's only logical to NOT be worried when you've released an ancient dark power, you have some guy obsessed with privacy despite having a food and alcohol crisis, you can't get in contact with your own god, and going hunting results in blacking out, waking up miles away from where you last remember being.  That's all completely explainable and normal activity.

You're all sheep, seriously, I don't know why I try and save the whole fort.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: November 23, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

Food and alcohol crisis? We've got more than enough supplies to last. We're 12(assuming Cheddarius is here with us) dwarfs consuming two food/drink per day. If we were a fort of say, 100 trying to do this, then yes, we'd have a problem. We're way too small to have a crisis this soon.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 249