A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142847 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2085 on: November 23, 2010, 06:11:27 pm »

What a tweest!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:51 pm »

guess what's happening tomorrow (hint I'm making a rack)

edit:  unless of course people fall in line now.  If not I'm naming myself Grand Inquisitor and I will get to the bottom of this situation.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:51:43 pm by V-Norrec »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 23, 2010, 06:17:16 pm »

Eat: Cooked food
Drink: Wine
Sleep: In tent

0000-0600: Sleep
0600-0700: Breakfast and talk with miners about floodgate plans (I need to know the specifications for the stone seals.)
0700-0900: Post-breakfast nap
0900-1000: Worship Medtobolil.
1000-1800: Make stone seals for the floodgate.
1800-1900: Dinner
1900-2300: Make stone seals for the floodgate OR install everything if completed.
2300-2400:  Play with kitten. Encourage vermin-chasing.

8 hours sleep
2 hours eating
1 hour of worship
13 hours making stone floodgate seals (4 hours at night)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 23, 2010, 06:21:22 pm »

What ever happened to skirmish chicken?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 23, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »

Guarding the henhouse, I assume.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 23, 2010, 06:56:43 pm »

V-Norrec, this is a game. Actually, it is a game based off of another game, Dwarf Fortress, which has a motto: "Losing is Fun!" More generally, playing games is fun - but not, perhaps, when playing the game becomes following orders. I'm all for giving suggestions, but I'm against making this into a totalitarian society where everyone has to follow orders and any attempt at privacy or anything other than efficiency is punished with torture/banishment. People are here to have fun, and if they don't find that fun, I don't think you should make them do it.

By the way, Lilli. How urgent are those bolts? I could ask Rolan to butcher the deer, then carve bone bolts out of its bones, and then we can get cheap bolts while I also get to level my bonecarving skill. If we organize it well, you could have bolts by evening today. What do you think?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 23, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »

The bolts aren't really urgent, but I'd rather not have to give up any of the bolts I own due to them being the only available ones. I'm hoping that making bolts counts toward my bowyer skill, which is the main reason I'm even adding that to my schedule. I'll take the deal though, since we need the deer butchered anyway.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 23, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »

I think bowyer is only for crossbows... in DF, at least. If I remember correctly, making bolts levels whatever skill you're using for the material - e.g. wooden bolts levels woodcrafting, not bowyer.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 23, 2010, 07:36:05 pm »

We have no butchering tools to butcher with, I want Gar to go make them but he's not even setting up the Forge until late today, and I have a feeling if I didn't have that as part of my action it wouldn't even be getting done today.

Furthermore, I know it's a game, I'm not losing because some slacker wants privacy instead of food though.  I'm taking it into the inquisition format for an entirely different reason that occurred while I was out hunting however.

BTW, do inquisitions help my priest skill?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:41:37 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 23, 2010, 07:42:06 pm »

There's nothing wrong with what Norrec is doing. Conflict is the heart of a good drama, and they have singlehandedly caused or exacerbated almost every major event.

With the bolts, they use Bowyer skill and are made at the Crafter shop. They must be made of wood or bone, and to be made of 'metal' they add fittings. So just making them of bone or wood is good for cheap shots.

Only if it's a religious inquisition.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:44:50 pm by Shade-o »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 23, 2010, 07:45:56 pm »

All right, then... conflict it is. V-Norrec, if you attempt to oppose Sam, I will side with him.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 23, 2010, 07:51:39 pm »

Oppose no, I attempt to root out heresy within our little community here.  And it is clear that simple questions did not suffice last time, now it is time to step up the inquisition.

Why else would one actively seek to defy both the Expedition Leader and not even attempt to work for the betterment of the entire fortress but only for the betterment of his own narrow and short-sighted goals.  The answers must be found!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 23, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »

Why else would one actively seek to defy both the Expedition Leader and not even attempt to work for the betterment of the entire fortress but only for the betterment of his own narrow and short-sighted goals.
For fun.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 23, 2010, 08:00:39 pm »

Fun?  FUN!!!!!  If he wants fun he should never have came on a dangerous expedition.  However, now as we face starvation down, he has decided that he must not assist us.  No, there is something much more foul afoot here.

I WILL HAVE ANSWERS!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 23, 2010, 08:01:40 pm »

WE HAVE ENTERED WARHAMMER MODE.

BURN THE HERETIC. KILL THE MUTANT. PURGE THE UNCLEAN.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 249