A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142588 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #1590 on: November 16, 2010, 01:54:44 pm »

"Oh.. Well I don't care, its you now that I'm interested in, the past will always remain the past. And hey, I always will love you, man or woman. No it can be very embarising, and I thank you for that." *Hugs Norrec* Although surprised at first Urist soon got over it, after all he loves V-norrec and that love is strong.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 16, 2010, 02:10:34 pm »

By "bones" do you mean metal or stone? I could totally go for an imposing bronze tower... bronze because steel rusts, of course.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 16, 2010, 02:15:38 pm »

So 107 pages and you guys are only on part one? Wow. That's also in under 10 days.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 16, 2010, 02:18:52 pm »

I feel emotions bubbling up inside me, some I've never felt before.  "... Well we should probably get to work on the fields." I say blushing a little bit.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 16, 2010, 02:27:13 pm »

Gar: makes some kissy noises whenever he sees Urist and Norrec together from now on. :P or just once

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 16, 2010, 02:31:11 pm »

So, is this what we want our fortress to look like?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 16, 2010, 02:38:49 pm »

So, is this what we want our fortress to look like?

That looks really great.  Only, I'm a little worried about invaders climbing down the cliffs into the courtyard.  Maybe eventually we can dig a sort of horizontal channel in the cliffs, with smooth walls.  If they can transfer from the cliff face to a smoothed ceiling, maybe they deserve whatever wooden amulet they're after.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 16, 2010, 02:46:56 pm »

Bah, I hadn't thought much about needing to make an arch in order to properly hold the walls above the river. Ceiling spike traps will have to suffice there.

I'd like to, stone and labor permitting, create an additional wall on the cliffs above us, in addition to three on the ground level guarding the fortress approach. Naturally, I'll try to get cisterns of water in the cliff between the walls, able to throw invaders into the river, where they'll be trapped thanks to some creative gate use.

I have this thing for overkill.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 16, 2010, 02:50:51 pm »

Naturally we'll put grates in the river and eventually have complete control over the water flow and whether things in the water can pass through, too. We can add an overhang at the top of the cliffs, too, to make it difficult to climb in. Plus we can have a tower in the middle there with ballistas/marksdwarves on top.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:52:35 pm by Samthere »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 16, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »

I was thinking more like this.

Not particularly accurate or to scale, but you get the idea. Having a full-on castle up there might not be especially necessary, but if nothing else it'll provide a much more imposing and visible target.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 16, 2010, 03:27:29 pm »

I'm actually going to say Irony's idea is probably going to be the safest for long term, but it's day one guys, lets start simple and get a simple wooden pallisade up and improve from there to an imposing stone bastion.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1601 on: November 16, 2010, 03:40:04 pm »

I take up a pick and dig where the more experienced miners direct me.
When the mining is finished, if their are any unused rooms, I haul water in and get two plots set up, plump helmet spawn and rock nuts.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 16, 2010, 03:54:34 pm »

Day 1
Wrath 25th of Obsidian
The moon is at half-light Waxing, Full on the 26th.
The weather is overcast.
The temperature is Cold.
First light is at 7am, darkness at 6pm.

Everybody is grimy, unwounded, and has eaten and drunk the night before and is sleeping. The caravan is preparing to leave, and has packed up.

The day is done in hour blocks. A meal such as lunch, dinner or breakfast takes an hour total. Doing work in the dark (right now, half-light from the waxing moon) will be penalised. It's important to get at least 8 hours sleep each night.

Please post your day's action in some similar format:
Taking Leather Armour, Battle Axe

12-6 Sleep in tent
6-7 Breakfast of dwarven rum and plump helmet
7-12 Cutting down trees in the forest on the east side of the river
12-1 Lunch of dwarven rum and plump helmet
1-6 Cutting down trees in the forest on the east side, dragging all the logs back to camp
6-7 Dinner of  dwarven rum and plump helmet
7-12 Sleep in tent

or

Wake at 6, eat meals at 6, 12, 6, cutting down trees on the east side of the river all day, sleeping at 7.

I'll also need to know what plan for digging the miners are using.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 16, 2010, 04:12:31 pm »

Taking Leather Armor, Waterskin filled with Brine Ale, Backpack with one serving of Plump Helmet and my two gold bars.  Also bringing shortsword and buckler.

12-8:  Sleep in tent.
8-9:  Eat Breakfast of Mudworm Paste and Dwarven Rum to wash it down.
9-1:  Hitch up a mule to the plow and begin plowing fields close to the waterfall (How much can we get done in a set amount of time btw)
1-2:  Eat Plump Helmet and drink Brine Ale while watching to mule to make sure he doesn't run away.
2-4:  Continue Plowing fields, then unhitch the mule and put the plow in a safe place.
4-6:  Get the carpeter's workshop set up using carpeter's tools and a beam of wood.
6-8:  If any logs have been cut down, begin working on turning them into beds if not get any surface seeds that have been found and plant them.
8-9:  Dinner of Brine Ale and Sunscale Salmon
9-11:  Continue working with either surface seeds or turning logs into beds.
11-12:  Sleep
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:29:13 pm by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 16, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »

You came up with a pretty good schedule for me Shade-o.

Bringing everything I have on me.
Wake at 6, eat meals at 6, 12, 6, cutting down trees/breaking surface rocks on the east side of the river all day, sleeping at 7.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 249