A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142868 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #555 on: November 12, 2010, 02:10:52 am »

I'll continue progressing with the shield held in a defensive position, and continue trying to snap the spear with my axe. If I can I want to start pushing him back into a more open area.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 12, 2010, 02:11:13 am »

Instruct the guardsmen to assist me in throwing some nearby anything (preferably powdery) towards the grunt keeping us from getting out.  If he gets blinded, mad rush him, knock him down, take his helmet off and punch him until he is knocked out, then get the heck out of there.  We don't want to be around when the goons that are undoubtedly on their way show up.

Oh and take his body with us, strip him of his plate armor and weapons.  I'm feeling generous so I'll only take the spear and shield to sell and give the rest to the Hard-boiled guard.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 12, 2010, 02:14:39 am »

Heck, I'll just cut them for free. Need to refine my skill anyway.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 12, 2010, 02:30:32 am »

IronyOwl
You wander off, leaving the caravan derelict. You find a marketplace, but what are you looking for?

Samthere
You lead the others out over the door, which has conveniently landed over the fires, partially putting them out and providing a bridge over the flames. None of you faint, fortunately, and as you exit the air becomes a little clearer. The guards take up positions around the Duke, and they guide you to the front door. The barracks seems to have been completely consumed by flame, and the others must all be dead. There's no sign of any of the servants.

You reach the main entrance, but the door is securely locked. You know what to do, and throw a mighty punch at it. It splinters, but holds. Coughing, the Duke pulls out a set of keys and tries to unlock the door. It might take a few tries.

Lillipad
You consider having another run at them, but Norrec has a better idea.

Norrec
While Mikhail guards the doorway, you and Kas grab the sacks of flour that you had dumped nearby.

You throw the sacks after tearing holes in the cloth. One of them gets batted away by his shield, but the other hits him directly, spraying him with flour. He's temporarily blinded.

You attempt to rush him, but his spear is still being waved about and you have to leap back to avoid being skewered. Fortunately he can't take advantage of your flat feet.

You strike again, this time avoiding his spear. You attempt to knock him down, but he's still set in his position and he pushes you back with his shield after he detects you.

You give one more attack before he clears his eyes. You fail.
You got a 20 on that second sack, but your attacks were lousy, even with him blinded.

CoughDrop
You offer to cut the gemstones for free. The supervisor allows it.

In a few hours you've cut and polished a small hill of the glossy black stones. As a reward for your efforts, you get one for free!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 12, 2010, 02:33:58 am »

Get more sacks of flour, hell get anything, just start tossing everything we can find at him!  Continue until he is either A) blinded, B) knocked out, or C) Dead.  Then either attack him or grab him and run away with him, as appropriate.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 12, 2010, 02:36:26 am »

Preferably C)
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 12, 2010, 02:36:36 am »

Oh cool he rolled a 1 on defence.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:30 am »

Gar: I'll stop to catch my breath in the improved air while the Duke messes with his keys.

OOC: Night, all!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:36 am »

Hm, good question.

I suppose I'll just return to the wagons, admiring my new goblet and figurine.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:35 am »

Whack it with a hammer until it stays down.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 12, 2010, 03:02:54 am »

Norrec
By constantly rotating out and switching methods, you gradually beat back the guardian. You all manage to avoid serious wounds, though you're covered in bruises and punctures. As he neared the end of the alleyway, he hurls his spear at Cog, who is at the front. It hits him right in the chest, piercing his leather armour and only slightly injuring him. However, the impact stuns him and he blocks the alleyway for a few moments, which is all the time the enemy needed to run away as fast as his armour allows.

You burst out into the street, but he's nowhere to be seen.
Free spear!

Samthere
The Duke finally finds the right key, and the door swings open. Home free, baby! The guards hurry you and the Duke off to another location.

Ochita
You grab onto of the shelving and pull yourself up that way. A drunk wanders in, sees the scene, then wanders out.

Looking for a weapon, you realise that you're surrounded by heavy objects. Your first few throws miss, but you hurl a hammer that hits them in the chest. It crumples inward, and it's briefly stunned. You next throw a hatchet, which manages to hit with the blade. The head sinks into the right upper leg, and its movement seems distinctly impaired. You miss a few more times, but just as it begins to stab a blade at you you hit it with another hammer, completely collapsing its chest. It then freezes.

You lean closer to investigate, and see that its wounds reveal some sort of mechanical system inside. Golems are supposed to be hollow. It jerks back to life and you swing a pickaxe at it, tearing its head off. It stops. Your leg really hurts.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:40 am »

Carefully take the spear out of Cog.  Try to find out how injured I am.  Give all the evidence I have collected to Mikhail.  Be sure to keep the Signet Ring, the Gold and Emerald Ring, the kitchen supplies I stole, and the spear I pulled out of Cog.  Claim I need to make my report to the noble I'm working for right away.

Run towards my childhood friend's, Lilast's house.  Her house is in a better part of town than mine and I'm more likely to still have all the things I collected tomorrow when I wake up.  Then put all my stuff in a corner and go to sleep in the guest room.  If Lilast comes home she shouldn't be too surprised to see me as I've occasionally used her house to crash before.

((Lilast is a merchant so she should have a decent house/room nearby.  Also CoughDrop, if you want to adventure together, it seems to find me and I need somebody to help me set up a good forgery letter.  You make a great candidate!))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:18:34 am by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 12, 2010, 03:18:46 am »

I'll take this opportunity to wrap up this tangled storyline, since everybody else is waiting for you clowns to finish.

Pause for conclusion.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 12, 2010, 03:20:58 am »

cool, I just need to make my forged letter of credit, sell my gold and emerald ring and steel spear, then buy supplies for the trip. And I'll be all done, would you like me to post that now or afterwards?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:25 am »

I'll tell you how much gold you make.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 249