A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142871 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #585 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:04 pm »

Carpentry tools would be useful, though they can probably be forged at the site.  We have the materials we need to forge at the site, right?

((Don't buy those yet, we'll probably need seeds and such first.  We can always trade for comfort later since we have a bunch of artisans.))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:03:56 pm by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 12, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »

I managed to get us light and oil. Check the food merchant. I got 1 bag for both os those and some more
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 12, 2010, 12:29:05 pm »

I've got 5 forged iron, forge tools, and furnace tools. Assuming we have an anvil and someone gets some wood to burn into fuel, we should be able to forge additional tools no problem.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:00 pm »

I've got 5 forged iron, forge tools, and furnace tools. Assuming we have an anvil and someone gets some wood to burn into fuel, we should be able to forge additional tools no problem.

Nirur Torir has an anvil, also some coal and skilled metalsmith, so that's good.  Also I'll be able to cut wood for fuel.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:43 pm »

I think tools would be Metalcrafter, not smith, but it looks like we're good either way.

Also, I love how a handful of us passed the day in peaceful industry while the rest were involved in brutal homicides and get-rich-quick schemes. :D
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 12, 2010, 12:35:26 pm »

Will be reposting completed character sheet soon.
Edit:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:14:00 pm by FuzzyZergling »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 12, 2010, 12:48:04 pm »

Yeah, let's get plenty of seeds and such.  I want plenty of leeway in case we screw up badly with the planting.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:43 pm »

we will need some heat for the oil brushes or whatever to grow, just want you to know.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 12, 2010, 12:58:00 pm »

only for the oil plants.  I think we ought to try and find an above-ground crop that we can use instead.  It'll make our lives easier.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 12, 2010, 01:00:20 pm »

Will just insulating it do, or are we going to need some sort of fire to warm our fire-producing plants?

I suspect any aboveground oil plant would have similar requirements.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 12, 2010, 01:01:48 pm »

I think tools would be Metalcrafter, not smith, but it looks like we're good either way.

Also, I love how a handful of us passed the day in peaceful industry while the rest were involved in brutal homicides and get-rich-quick schemes. :D

Yeah.  If I find goblins out on patrol I should probably just hand them directions to our fort instead of attacking.

I wonder if we get spawn out of the preserved plump helmet, or seeds from the other foods.  Seems unlikely.
Ochita is bringing:
2 bags plumphelmet spawn (40)
1 bag Lantern spawn (60)
1 bag oil brush stems (80)
2 Bag Sweet pod seeds (160)

And I purchased another 20 sweet pod seeds.  Supplemented by eggs and my fully-trained herbalist status, leading to surface farming, I think we're fine.

Ochita: I guess we'll burn logs for the heat?  I'm sure I can start a fire with my outdoorsy ways if someone finds me flint and steel.  If that's necessary.  I bet oil lanterns have a lighting mechanism.

only for the oil plants.  I think we ought to try and find an above-ground crop that we can use instead.  It'll make our lives easier.
I'll take on that task!  Herbalist to the rescue, oh yeah.  Is there such a plant?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:03:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »

I also got a chicken and 2 purring maggots, enjoy rolan

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:31 pm »

Well definitely need more lantern spawn to provide adequate light inside the cave we dig without burning stuff all day long.  I suppose we probably have enough plump helmets if we remember to collect the seeds off of every one we eat along the way there.  Also, what crop produces Beer?  We don't seem to have access to Cave Wheat.  Just remember, we're going to have to turn about half of all the food we produce into booze for our dwarves to have a well-balanced diet.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 12, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »

I'm about to do my shopping list. Any exceptionally pressing requirements?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 12, 2010, 01:12:53 pm »

Not really. I'd be in favor of more food and forged iron, but our herbalist assures us we'll be fine and our site is supposedly rich in minerals anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 249