A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142862 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2010, 01:20:09 am »

Gar: Carefully wrap my arm in whatever I can find, then continue to tear at the door through the flames, with the protection of Heartsnot.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2010, 01:23:44 am »

I'll fire a few bolts at him with Kas, if he starts charging at us we'll have a slight advantage since we can just lead him into the flaming abyss. If that doesn't work, then I'll have Nik attack him with his great axe while I tank with my kite shield.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2010, 01:24:30 am »

Hmmmm, well it's time to be DANGEROUSLY NOBLE!!!  Run up towards the guard, parry his spear out of the way, and then tackle the bugger.  Try to gouge his eyes out, or stab him in the face with a sword while I have him down there.

Also I vote we try and take him alive if he lives past this turn, I want to interrogate this guy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:31:15 am by V-Norrec »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 12, 2010, 01:30:25 am »

Go stumbling about randomly asking people if they love me.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 12, 2010, 01:35:00 am »

Samthere
You're about to plunge your arm into the flame, but it flickers out, having consumed all the fuel. The treatment agents burned at a very high temperature, and the lock and surrounding frame have been partially melted. You attack it with gusto, the re-solidified steel proving brittle as you snap chunks off. Eventually its own weight works against it, and it begins is crack under the various stresses placed on it. Soon you'll be able to start forcing the door open.

The air is starting to get heavy.

Lillipad
You attempt to draw him into a trap, but he waits in position, know that he has the advantage.
The alleyway is too narrow for that. Only one person can face him at a time, and they will be blocking any crossbow shots from behind.

V-Norrec
You recklessly charge him with your sword and buckler. He blocks your advance and thrusts his spear. Your right foot is pierced through the armour by the strike, but you can still walk on it. He doesn't press the attack, and waits.

Coughdrop
You go in search of love or adventure, but there is only misery and pain that you have caused. You collapse sobbing in the world that you created for yourself.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 12, 2010, 01:36:19 am »

Gar: continues working, regulating his breathing as much as possible. "All of you, lie down and move as little as possible. We'll be breathing fumes soon enough, and I need air for as long as possible."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 12, 2010, 01:36:29 am »

Gleefully haul my new tools to the caravan loading place, or wherever it is I'm storing my other stuff. If anyone's around who would know, inquire as to when we're scheduled to leave.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 12, 2010, 01:39:37 am »

When a pavise could have come in handy I scorned it...

I'll replace Norrec, and use the advantage of my shield to block any attacks. I'll try to get close enough to break the spear with my battle axe.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 12, 2010, 01:40:52 am »

back up and let the archers have target practice.  dump the flour out of one of the bags and wrap it around my foot.

EDIT:  IDEA.  Throw the other bag of flour towards his face, in a sort of overarching way, hopefully the flour will get in his eyes and blind him.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:43:43 am by V-Norrec »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 12, 2010, 01:44:17 am »

I'd like an update on the guards in the barracks. Have they roasted alive, or are they still suffering?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 12, 2010, 01:45:35 am »

I imagine the explosion did them all in pretty quickly.  If not they're probably passed out and melting to death.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 12, 2010, 01:48:27 am »

Decide I ought to do something productive. Let's go head over to the stockpile and get some Rough Jet to beautify.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 12, 2010, 02:00:38 am »

Samthere
Though you're starting to feel light headed, you keep breaking and snapping the steel that's holding you in. You finally do enough damage, and the door's weight snaps the final connections. It slides outward slightly from the lack of support, but the material on the other side holds it in its groove.

You beckon the other three over, and you give it a mighty shove with your shoulders. The door groans, shifts, and collapses outward, smashing the fragile pile of burning wood. Smoke pours in and the heat is incredible.

IronyOwl
You drag your bundle of tools 'home' to the wagons, and let the attendants take it from there. You ask where the others are, and they shrug, saying they all went off to do other stuff. As soon as they wander back from the bar the caravan will be outbound.

Lillipad
You heft your kite shield and battle axe. You cautiously advance on the obstacle. He strikes first, managing to hit your gut and pricking the skin through the mail. You strike back, but your axe swing is easily blocked. He follows through with a thrust, but your mail holds up.

Keeping his momentum, he thrusts again with his spear, a deadly strike that is softened by your mail. Your chest is slightly pierced anyway.
He's got a steel equipment, by the way. A combination of luck and materials is keeping him in good health.

Norrec
You check your foot, but it's barely bleeding.

The corridor leading to the barracks exploded into flaming debris. They are very likely dead or about to die.

CoughDrop
You run over to the stockpile, hoping to create something instead of destroying it. The supervisor wants to know if you're buying, or if you just want to cut them out of the goodness of your heart.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 12, 2010, 02:03:54 am »

Head down to a center of commerce, someplace where goods are sold or transported around rather than produced.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 12, 2010, 02:09:27 am »

Gar: whispers, "Let's get out of here. Need some place with ventilation." Then he moves purposefully, as quickly as he can manage without passing out, out the way he was led in.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 249