Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)  (Read 4412 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Empire Reborn (Game Thread)
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:36:04 pm »

-You are in the spaceport for tranquility city. Each of you has a couple hundred credits to spend on equipment. To the right is a large hangar filled with all manner of spacecraft, to the left there is a foodcourt, straight ahead is a large shopping center, and behind you is the customs office you had to pass through to get where you are now.-

What do you do?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:39:04 pm »

((Do we have transportation yet?))

*outgoing message to 111-Silav*

---

*Woof Woof* You've got mail  *Woof Woof* You've got mail

A Saint Bernard bounds across Siles's screen.  It draws near and an antique tape deck can be seen on it's collar.  The tape deck plays as the dog sits down and wags it's tail.

"Hey Mr. Virgrid, it's Danni.  Just giving you a call from the spaceport.  I snagged the vehicle registries and am sending them to you.  You tell me if there's any ships in there worth looking at.  I'm hanging out at the food court, sorting through everyone elses travel logs.  It might help us get a jump on the competition.  Let those friends of yours we're teaming up with know.  Let's get a move on now, we're burning daylight!

P.S. You should update your security.  It's vulnerable to Llewellyn prime decryption scripts.  Tsk, tsk, I expect more of you!"

((A huge internet cookie is deserved if anyone can figure out the theatre joke in this post.))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:41:55 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:43:50 pm »

((Not quite. But it shouldn't be too hard to get some, assuming you don't mind prolonged periods of low (or even zero) gravity.))

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

"You're really fond of that little screen of yours, no?"
Kavit was trying to display a little smile to comfort Danni, but part of his face wouldn't budge, so he stopped after the first few seconds.

"Anyway I assume you've got a few nice ships on those logs? Whoa that's a Peres 5? Never thought I'd get so close to one of those!"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:38:03 pm by Virex »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:35 pm »

For a moment Danni intently stares at the display on her wrist then she looks up and yelps.  "AH!  Oh... it's you.  Sorry, I just, uh, still getting used to seeing you people.  Uh, in real life I mean.  Er... hello mister Mawas.  I was just looking through some data." She leaned forward and confessed to him.  "I kinda nabbed some of the other crews docking info and was trying to figure out where they've been looking."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:50:18 pm »

Kaguro headed towards the shopping center while yawning to himself, and going over a possible genechange in his head. As he walked into the shopping center he began looking around for anything that could be useful in experiments, while muttering under his breath about his calculations.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 04:33:04 am »

-As Kaguro heads towards the shopping center, a rather shifty looking Lunar starts trailing him, ducking out of sight whenever Kaguro looks back.-

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 07:05:33 am »

Naseer marched confidently after Kaguro. The small Venusian was making his way towards the shopping center. Naseer hadn't yet made up his mind about the man, who seemed to care more about his research than people. Still, if they were going to work together, it was best to befriend him as soon as possible.

' Greetings, Draven! Would you happen to be looking for something specific in here, if I may ask?' he said, finally catching up with him just inside the shopping center.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 07:46:26 am »

Kaguro looked up to see that Naseer fellow he was working with now and shook his head. "Nothing in particular I'm afraid, just anything that might be useful. Though it's douptful a place like this will have anything too useful, it's always best to check"
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 08:11:11 am »

' True words indeed.' Naseer nodded. ' Could I ask what your thoughts on our... mission are? Where do you think we should start searching?'

As soon as they found a way to get up to any of the gas giants. Good ships generally weren't cheap, in his experience, though you never knew if you got lucky.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 07:17:36 pm »

-reigstry search complete-

Well, lets see...

First one, a solar jumper that seems like the last time is was flown was around the last empire...
A converted light freighter...which was used to trade some kind of fertilizer..no thanks.
An "experimental military vessel", that looks like it was jacked by pirates. Hell, you can see the holes in the rig from here.
Here we go...

Column Delurxe Model D, Great Shape! Come's equipped with factory standard kinetic field! A handymans special!

Well it probably wont explode on the launch pad. Cheap too. Probably stolen. Hot merchandise needs to change hands fast...

---

*outgoing message to Danni*

I found something we can use. I mean, don't expect it to take us through the dark heart of the void or anything, but it will do.
Meet me by the foodcourt.

Also, I only use Llewellyn prime decryption scripts when I *want* someone to break in. I think someone has been snooping, call me paranoid. Thought I'd try to catch a hand in the cookie jar. Catch you later.

(With that, Siles heads to the foodcourt, stopping to lock up, and grab his firearm and other personals)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 09:05:02 pm »

*For reference*

For a moment Danni intently stares at the display on her wrist then she looks up and yelps.  "AH!  Oh... it's you.  Sorry, I just, uh, still getting used to seeing you people.  Uh, in real life I mean.  Er... hello mister Mawas.  I was just looking through some data." She leaned forward and confessed to him.  "I kinda nabbed some of the other crews docking info and was trying to figure out where they've been looking."
"Don't worry, I won't bite.
Anyway space's big and we're not going to get anywhere by flying around aimlessly like most here seem to think. I wonder if the local universities' geological departments would have detected something that'd indicate there's a... warp thingamajig buried around here..."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 11:42:03 pm »

Danni bites her lip nervously while pondering Kavit's suggestion.
"Well, I don't know about what T-University.  I don't know, sounds kinda risky to be breaking into their stuff.  If that's what you mean.  I dunno, would they publish anything like that?  But here's the list of recent flights by their people if you want to take a look.  They would cover it up if they knew anything thing though.  Is that what you-  Oh, it's a message from Siles!"
Danni held her wrist up to share the message.  "This is a couple minutes old though... Oh, there he is."  Danni waved at Siles and waited for him to come over.  "Hey, you say you found a ship!  Is it any good?  Could I run it under sensor masking conditions?"
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 12:55:15 am »

Kaguro sighed as he noticed there was nothing useful for experiments in the shop before shakeing his head to Naseer's questions. "No real thoughts about the mission, and I have no idea where to start. My job isn't to lead or anything, I'm mostly involved for the cash nessicary to fund my experiments."
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:08 pm »

Siles nods back at Danni, friendly enough...

"Well, it won't explode on the launch pad. Probably. You didn't give me alot to work with. The one good thing is that it won't show up on any military scanner bands. Apparently the previous owners all died of some sort of Omni-neural parasite, and the ship was listed as a biohazard and scheduled to be scrapped. And then someone "appropiated" it, listed it as destroyed and sold it. It officially doesn't exist."

With that, Siles leans back and takes a sip of his favorite beverage-Europan Squid Slurry.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:01:22 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5