Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)  (Read 4419 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 12:37:05 am »

"Omni-neural parasite?!?" Danni looks squeamish at the thought but declines to say anything more.  But the thought of a ship without it's black box trackers did sound like fun.  Without even looking down, her fingers tapped a few buttons on her wrist computer and started cross referencing the local shops for the electronics she could use to jury rig the ships life support systems into producing a misleading heat signature.  But still... brain leeches... Danni chewed on her fingernail nervously while continuing to give Siles the same uncomfortable look.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:48 am »

First one, a solar jumper that seems like the last time is was flown was around the last empire...

I should probably mention that average people don't really know the scale of the first empire...

With that, Siles leans back and takes a sip of his favorite beverage-Europan Ammonia Slurry.

And when I said an 'ammonia and sulphur rich environment', I meant you'd need an evo-suit, and would have to replace the supply of ammonia and sulphur every few days.

(This is directed at everyone)

You should probably get a ship with a flywheel structure for producing artificial gravity through centripetal force. Just sayin'...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 09:37:26 am »

((Wouldn't it be easier to post stuff like that in the OOC thread? Or whatever, your game.))

' Ah, of course. I'll return to the others now, see if they've managed to dig up a working ship for us.' Naseer said, nodding his farewells. He doubted the shopping center contained anything of worth to him, either. Souvenirs he could get from the nearer their goal, or if they actually did succeed, wherever they ended up at.

Naseer quickly made his way back to Silas and Danni and sat down near them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 04:50:42 pm »

(For the record, "flown around the last empire" was an indication of time, not size. Most people do get that that was a LOOOONG time ago)

Breaking in won't... oh hey there!

As I was saying, it probably won't be necessary to break into the universities' databases, since most research has been published long before anyone knew of the old empire and as you know, what happens on the web stays on the web.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 08:59:58 pm »

Thinking: Oh look, it's Naseer. Seems like Mr. Dour has the guts to join us after all.

Naseer. Glad to see you made it. I've already got a ship lined up, if you were wondering. Here, take a look, tell me if you can pilot this thing

With that, Siles slides over a datapad on their ship.

((OOC:Just for reference, if your trying to imagine our ship, use this mental image-5 people trying to ride a rusty shopping cart with its front wheel missing))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 12:09:17 am »

Kaguro headed back towards the others once he was sure there was nothing of use in the shopping center. As he headed back he pulled out his personal datapad and began putting in possible experiments, items required for said experiments, how much it would cost, how much time it would take and anything else that could proove useful in doing them.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 05:29:18 am »

Naseer read through the datapad and scratched his head. Then he read it again, eyes widening.

' This is a joke, right? Or are you seriously telling me I'm supposed to get this thing off the ground?' he paused, sighing. ' Ehh... I'm sorry. Shouldn't have said that. I'll fly this thing for you alright. Just don't expect us to actually land anywhere.'

Naseer began to calculate fuel expenses and possible repair costs in his head, handing the datapad back. He'd flown worse ships, back in his youth. Just not for very long periods of time. They had a strange tendency to explode and crash.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 01:16:50 pm »

Siles grins at Naseer, showing teeth

"I can see it will be a worthy challenge for you then."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)ns
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:22 am »

Noticing his companions are being silent, perhaps lost in their thoughts, he lets out an exasperated sigh and stands up.

"Where's that absent minded professor, anyway? It's his cred that is funding this doomed expedition, he could at least make an entrance."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:39 pm »

((OOC: Did everyone but me lose interest? :( )

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 05:43:01 pm »

((Well, I'm interested, but there doesn't seem to be much happening.  Danni isn't someone who is naturally talkative, so it's not like I can make her spark a conversation.))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

((We'd better get doing something, because the talk's dieing out. Also, as far as I've gathered, this is completely freeform, without GM interaction?))

If nobody has anything left to add, I'd suggest checking out the ship. There's little more we can do here, save for the customary patching up of the ship. We can do any needed research on the way. The ship does have a net transceiver, right? Anyhow, we'd better get going, we've got an opposition to catch up with.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 07:56:17 pm »

(( Yeah...we need a GM to add some exposition))

"Let's get moving. I'm not getting any younger. Danni seems to be though, she's at least twice as bubbly as she was this morning...
Also, net transciever? I think it I saw one...hanging off the ship."

Siles gets up, and moves on to the ship...which is located downtown. Way downtown....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:58:17 pm by Dwarmin »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 12:28:12 pm »

((Oops, sorry! Got a little sidetracked... And Virex, It isn't freeform. I'm just easily distracted.))

As you make your way towards the ship, a tall, skinny terran with blue-black hair and piercing green eyes stops you. He seems somewhat agitated, glancing over his shoulder every now and again.

"Hey, are you heading to the outer system?" he says hastily, apparently terrified of something, "I need to catch a ride out there. Nothing commercial, though. Would you mind giving me a lift? The name's Nathan Ingram, by the way, but every just calls me Nate."

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 12:37:31 pm »

((I might not post for a bit, I tend not to post if I can't think of anything interesting my character would be doing. So my guy is just standing near everyone working on what he might need for furture experiments.))
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5