Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Most Anticlimatic Battles Ever  (Read 52607 times)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Anticlimatic Battles Ever
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2011, 10:10:02 am »

I had a Corrupted Blood Man break into my fort almost right away(I opened the first cavern layer pretty quickly), and I was, of course, terrified.

In one hit he was bisected and the sundry parts distributed about the workshop level. And then his blood didn't even cause a syndrome!

Brackev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15:53 am »

Goblins enter stage left.
1/2 of the Goblins get caged.
Human Caravan guard shoots one in the foot.
My army kills the limping Gob.
Goblins exit stage right.
The End.
-------

Dinos with hammers, there is no escape.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35:22 am »

My fort had descended into a full on tantrum spiral after my woefully unprepared military came up against multiple ambush groups and got slaughtered. Everyone was punching each other and the people were going melancholy/berserk all over the place. These were generally easily dealt with by the caravan guards who were currently in the depot or by the 2 or 3 people who I had recruited to deal with such problems. However, then my legendary miner went berserk. He killed everyone except the small group of wounded with the doctor sheltering in the hospital. Then, while he was wandering the halls, a yak calf comes up to him and kicks him in the head, instantly killing him.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2011, 11:52:23 am »

FB enters. One lone crossbowman decides to face it, armed with some bone bolts. First bolt hits FB and bruises it's brain. End of FB.

But I don't mind anticlimatic. I've had tons where FB comes in, all it's appendages are hacked off and it still proceeds to hump everyone to death, including all doors, chairs and tables.
bottom bit sigged as awesomeness
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Kyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2013, 10:09:17 pm »

Recently had a whole 16-goblin siege killed by 4 stray cats... O_O
[Environment, there are a few of the burning bridge]

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2013, 10:35:39 pm »

Enekel the Lizard man VS the giant tick FB

Enekel the Lizard man deftly evades all the tick's attacks, killing it with a single kick to the head.

The giant tick's dead body lands on Enekel's head, killing him.

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »

Singular dwarf accidentally locked outside with all the livestock of the entire fort, and a flying invader with I believe some sort of spittle.

Dwarf shoots it out of the sky in a single shot with a crossbow that I don't remember giving him, making it nose-dive into the river.

Opened the gate and let him back in.

Just looked earlier in the thread and realized this thread is three years old :O
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:11:36 am by pbnjoe »

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »

Human caravan and diplomat show up. Two goblin squads show up. The one kills the diplomat, the other gets creamed by the human guards. All of this happens before they even come within range of my militia.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My marksdwarves launched half a volley at a flying FB. All shots missed, but it dodged out of the air and dashed its brains out on the cavern floor.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2013, 10:23:52 pm »

A skeletal dragon showed up at my fort. It roasted one of the woodcutters and a few trees, I closed off the airtight fortress gate, and when the dragon got to the closed gate and stumbled around confused for a few moments, I focused my attention on something else for a moment. I went to check on it... and it was gone.

Panicked, I looked for it. It wasn't on the surface. It wasn't on the unit list, either... it was in the stock screen, though. Under "skulls". Puzzled, I zoomed to the location of that skull, hoping to figure out what had killed it...

It was in the bottom of the volcano. I think it had tried to infiltrate the fortress through the magma forges and failed. I don't know if it overestimated its ability to breathe magma or to resist heat, but either way I was a little sad not to get the bones from that dragon.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2013, 09:10:32 pm »

Some ettin wandered onto fort grounds, and a miner gored it with his pick. By the time he had finished it off, it was vomiting and trying to crawl away.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »

I had a siege of 45 goblins all riding jabberers, and I was prepared to lose my entire 15 dwarf army, but only three died, and two were from diving off the cliff into magma.

I had a similar invasion.  First shot of the battle, my elite crossbowman took out their leader.  They all ran away.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Kyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:25 pm »

Adventurer mode, had a task very early on to kill a sea serpent. Unfraid, I ventured north, ready to kill or to die. So I go to the lair, take one step...

"Sea Serpent has drowned"

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:38 pm »

Adventurer mode, had a task very early on to kill a sea serpent. Unfraid, I ventured north, ready to kill or to die. So I go to the lair, take one step...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That's actually pretty interesting. Didn't know that sea serpents could become histfigs, because there's nothing notable in the water to kill. But obviously, the game's reaction to any creature becoming a histfig is to give it a land-based lair. Poor serpent.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Kyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That's actually pretty interesting. Didn't know that sea serpents could become histfigs, because there's nothing notable in the water to kill. But obviously, the game's reaction to any creature becoming a histfig is to give it a land-based lair. Poor serpent.
I was using Masterwork, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12