Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174408 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1635 on: December 02, 2010, 11:41:13 pm »

I'm not to worried. A bunch of off-site forums will spring up, I'm sure, and I'm okay with more restricted information, so each town has its own tendril like information lines. I'm actually considering starting my own forum if I continue playing.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 03, 2010, 01:29:09 am »

Ah, hey, you're griffin then?  Glad to hear they decided to pardon you, it sounds like they're at least willing to listen to reason.
I just got cutternut to post sort of a "Last message" on the world forums for me (Not that I'm quitting, it just feels like a last message, with no other way to contact anyone)
If there's one thing I don't like about the game now, it's the whole forum lock.  Even that wouldn't be so bad if something like 4/5s of the playerbase didn't seem to be mute, making the town forums pointless as well..

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 03, 2010, 01:36:57 am »

While lurking the world forums I just wanna post so bad, but I'm not going to pay fifteen dollars -.-.
Hello Hunam

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 03, 2010, 01:42:57 am »

Actually, I feel kind of stupid saying that I feel it would be very easy to change the price or world forum lock, there's always a possibility they have a legal obligation not to change things too much.  But they DID say the English version would evolve separately to the others...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 03, 2010, 04:15:38 am »

I'm not to worried. A bunch of off-site forums will spring up, I'm sure, and I'm okay with more restricted information, so each town has its own tendril like information lines. I'm actually considering starting my own forum if I continue playing.

If you do link us in so we can organise a big bay12 town. There are a few good people I met in previous towns but other than that most players seem inactive.

Actually, I feel kind of stupid saying that I feel it would be very easy to change the price or world forum lock, there's always a possibility they have a legal obligation not to change things too much.  But they DID say the English version would evolve separately to the others...

They do get annoyed when you remind them of that too :P
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 03, 2010, 05:43:04 am »

Some guy called Thaistalker opened the gates before a zombie attack. 10 died, several terrorised including me. There's about 12 of us left now, on the second day.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 03, 2010, 05:57:08 am »

Some guy called Thaistalker opened the gates before a zombie attack. 10 died, several terrorised including me. There's about 12 of us left now, on the second day.
Wow, that's some crap.
Honestly I would find the game fun, but like 90% of people are either griefers, selfish, or just mute, rendering the idea of communication and cooperation completely pointless.  I'm sure it'll be better once I get 100 soul points, but because every just...SUCKS so much, it'll probably take me two entire months.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 03, 2010, 07:22:22 am »

We have some good guys that know what they're doing though. We've almost got the materials for a portal lock to stop this happening again and we've got a watchtower up.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 03, 2010, 07:56:06 am »

Hm, cool.  My town has exactly eight people who have said anything on the forum, five of those people have made only a single post, and for two of them it was to ask for bandages and parcetoid.  Bringing the total people who seem noticeably useful to three  :-\

I'd like to say that anyone who may have read my post, and use these forums, that those who are saying that I'm making the assumption the games playerbase won't grow.  I don't think it won't, I just think if it does, to have enough people for it to be worth speaking to on the WF the number of heroes would have to pretty much quintuple, in my opinion.  It just seems silly for that to be something that is hero only, I've played games where you had "Subscriber" only forum sections, but never that you have to be a subscriber to use any forums (I say any because the town forum has gotten twenty posts in the last two days, excluding the ten I've written.  Doesn't really count as a forum IMO.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 03, 2010, 12:52:55 pm »

Depends on your town. My town forum has tons of people posting, organizing stuff, asking questions. It's quite active and has dozens of topics. Some quite long.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 03, 2010, 01:37:09 pm »

We've lost 1 person a day so far. We're doing pretty well.

I'll see if I can get a forum set up over the weekend.

Day 3: We just finished upgradeable wall.
Growth is +15, +36, +???
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:10:18 pm by GlyphGryph »

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 03, 2010, 09:38:18 pm »

My town.  My entire town.  Died on day 2.  This is ****ing stupid.

EDIT: Looks like my new one might actually not fail so bad!  We actually have two other people trying to organize things!  Also when someone posted a welcome topic eight people replied!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:45:52 pm by Kitsunin »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 04, 2010, 03:02:18 am »

My current town screwed itself over so badly before anyone realised how to play the game, we're all dead by day 3 now.
I've started playing as asshole-y as possible just to try and make the rest of the town work together and hopefully learn a bit about how a town is supposed to cooperate.
It's not pretty, but I actually think its working. Too bad I had to troll an entire town to get 6 people to cooperate.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 04, 2010, 06:29:58 am »

87 zombies came, we all died.
Edit: Nope, 2 still alive.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:43:09 am by Cheese »

stoney834

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 04, 2010, 08:10:17 am »

In my first town out of the 40 players around 30-35 either never logged on or just wandered outside and never came back in. The zombie's broke in last night and killed off most of the inactive players but we've had to use up all or AP just cleaning out the dead bodies, so we've got no hope of building up defenses for the next night.  I hope I was just unlucky because I can't see this being much fun if all the towns have this many inactive players.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 127