Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174402 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #1620 on: December 02, 2010, 09:31:02 am »

My town is full of amazing active people, so... just chance, I guess?

Also, world forums aren't hero only. Only the help and discussion forums are. you can still post in saloon, I've heard.

So if you aren't hero you can't get new players help or discuss anything?

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 02, 2010, 10:07:12 am »

Saloon is hero only too, only town forums are for non-heroes

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 02, 2010, 10:20:19 am »

Yeah, I actually told Cutternuts to post that it isn't in the world forums, I also wrote out a really long post I'm still hoping he'll be willing to post too.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 02, 2010, 11:45:37 am »

All the non beta people I meet are overly agressive selfing dicks who scream they will attack me for having any items in my chest.
That's my whole town, I waundered out into the desert with what I had.
That is the slums. 
With Glyph in the Chilling Cliffs.  And all the active/contributing players are withholding stuff from the generic masses. 
Though we just only had 1 player start complaining about it in the forums thinking we are all greedy sods without reading anything.

Of course there are clashes of opinion.  We just harness it better then the objectors, I would hope to think.

Punishment: Cannibalized by partition.  Death not necessary.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 02, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »

someone stole my day one food.... what fucking nub does that?
Nom nom nom

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:04 pm »

No less than six heroes in my town and yet we've only build the workshop, appear to have 5 or 6 people offline and outside and at least 4 in town who haven't even opened their welcome packs :(
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »

too many children in my town :(

some can't even count...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 02, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »

Funny, this is my first town with heroes in it, also the worst.

Heroes seem to only play for themselves.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 02, 2010, 05:08:26 pm »

The two heroes in my town seem to be doing a decent enough job.

We've also had a minimum of idiots. Two dead outside last night, 1 tonight. And one idiot banished for being a jerk who constantly complained and insulted everyone and then objected when people found his 'screwing up the town for laughs' to be unacceptable. He then deleted his account because no one understood him. Good riddance.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 02, 2010, 05:22:56 pm »

I am BANNED!

My crimes?

I made a joke about how if we ever found the handful of bullets for the revolver, they would probably end up being the wrong caliber.

Then I made a suggestion about how it would be nice if there was a way to automatically follow expedition leaders.

Then I mentioned camping.

Wooh, right?

Good game. Terrible fooking admins.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 02, 2010, 05:32:24 pm »

Wait, really? That's just messed up.

Did they give you a reason, or are you just randomly banned?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 02, 2010, 07:36:05 pm »

Camping, despite the information you got from beta...
And the Icon in the wasteland.
Never mention it in world forums.

Either way, it is reversed.  German admin, Dayan seemed to be nice about it.  He at least understands that information was out in public... in open beta, source their own help page.
I sent a tech support complaint about it and was responded by Dayan, so plus points to him.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:46 pm »

So you're griffon! I'm not surprised.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 02, 2010, 10:04:03 pm »

So I've gotten a friend to try the game out today. I then realized why we're getting a whole lot of inactive/useless players:

He went into a town, saw the forums were empty, and walked out into the desert, promptly running into 3 zombies. He gets injured, and decides to start over. So he goes and makes a new account and joins a new town, where he walks out into the desert and runs into four zombies. He was about to make a third account when I told him to ask on the forums for help, and pointed him at the wiki.

There are probably more inactive players than active players now (i.e. people who signed up, found it too confusing, and left, never to return).

As for me, I'm probably just gonna use up my hero days, then also leave.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 02, 2010, 10:18:09 pm »

I seriously hate the pricing, fifteen dollars? Restricted Forums for those who play\ are bad azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? The benefits aren't even worth it!
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 127