Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 127

Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 174224 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2010, 03:44:22 pm »

The Hot Laziness:
Oh man, burn.  But then, that's what happens in your first town I guess!  Totally sub-optimal play is the only thing we can expect, and that's cool with me.  I'm just glad I managed to get the rest of you guys to tent up.  But, it's probably a little late for me by now, I blew my APs before I researched that far.  If I die, remember to dump my body outside!

I'm at work, and I will be at work during every single non-weekend midnight (and maybe some weekend ones too).  I'll usually be around from oh, 3AM to 10AM game-time, or somewhere in the middle of that at least.

I'm going to guesstimate and say that our town defenses are up to...what, maybe 12 by now with a lot of tents?  We'll probably have 10-20 zombies inside, which means that at least half of us won't get harassed.  Those with tents have pretty good odds, though from my understanding you'll need some booze in the morning to take the edge off.  Yes we'll be a little hosed, yes we will lose some people (especially that poor guy who wandered over to that house to the east and got trapped in a horde), but the rest of you will live on I'm sure.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2010, 03:53:57 pm »

How long do they usually take to respond to e-mails? I'm pretty much going to be stewing in anxiety/paranoia until then.  :-\
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2010, 03:57:39 pm »

Like I said, I e-mailed them, looked away, and maybe 10 minutes later I had a reply saying 'try this, and if that doesn't work tell me'

Then again that was like... three or four hours ago, I might of caught tech support as they were walking out the door :\

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2010, 03:59:40 pm »

The Hot Laziness:
I don't know where did you get that 12 number? Our town defense is 21 now (but we have two defence items in the bank, so someone may chicken out and steal them for their home). Also we have an admin who has +2 defense to his home and someone who has wasted a plank and got 3 defense shack.

So if it's a median (27,5) then we get only 7,5 zombies inside, which means not more than 8 deaths in the worst scenario. Let's hope that it's a median or less :P.

Oh also dont' forget that idiot PlayerName who went outside and suicided, he'll be another possible victim because he difinitely returns this night.

P.S. I would actually suggest you to take one defense item, Sowelu. Yeah it means two more zombies come in, but if they spread out then we should take less damage.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2010, 04:01:36 pm »

Oh...And for you beta key people:  When I signed up, I just...signed up.  No special key, no referral, just name email password done and it worked.

The Hot Laziness:
I don't know where did you get that 12 number? Our town defense is 21 now (but we have two defence items in the bank, so someone may chicken out and steal them for their home). Also we have an admin who has +2 defense to his home and someone who has wasted a plank and got 3 defense shack.
Okay, I pulled that number out of nowhere based on where we were, early in the game-morning.  I had no idea you were advancing so quickly!  Very nice, guys.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2010, 04:03:20 pm »

Oh...And for you beta key people:  When I signed up, I just...signed up.  No special key, no referral, just name email password done and it worked.

That's what we did yesterday.

Those accounts got deleted.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2010, 04:08:59 pm »

I've got my beta key now... My main account used no key (I just tried and it magically worked), what should I do now? I like my village and I want to play there... should I make another account using the beta key? My wife wants to play too now btw, do you know if they allow family members to play from one computer?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »

My wife wants to play too now btw, do you know if they allow family members to play from one computer?
I think I saw something about that in the FAQ, and I recall it being positive; general procedure in this case is to drop a message to an admin as a courtesy heads-up though.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2010, 04:21:31 pm »

Is there any way to get beta keys at this point? I've looked around the site, but nothing jumps out at me. Nor does registering without one seem to work, anymore.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »

That's what we did yesterday.

Those accounts got deleted.
Yea... I'm still deleted.. :'(  You lucky sod.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2010, 04:23:42 pm »

Huh.  They're pretty hamhanded with this beta it sounds like.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2010, 04:30:35 pm »

Yea... I'm still deleted.. :'(  You lucky sod.

I wouldn't call myself lucky yet- they still haven't responded to my e-mail.  :-\

Then again, it's, what, 10:30 pm in France now? I wouldn't be surprised if the tech support team's out for the night, so I'll just check back later this evening (and e-mail them again if I don't get a response by tomorrow).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2010, 05:00:54 pm »

Okay, the attack is happening. Just when I was typing the last message. Well, if I cannot leave it there, I will leave it here:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2010, 05:02:35 pm »

Post the attack results when they come up?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2010, 05:04:19 pm »

Do you have no means to check the game site from the work?

Sure I will post the results.

RIght now:

Hordes of zombies are attacking your town ! They are everywhere, you hear citizens screaming in the night, the attackers clashing noisily against sheet metal... Hungry groaning from the starving masses... What's going to become of it ?!

Are you going to die2nite?!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 127