Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What to build?  (Read 2457 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What to build?
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:03:09 am »

I am sure most of you have the moment when you just complete everything necessary and just want to make a giant useless thing for no reason but to waste time, precious metals, dwarf lives and more stuff that you have worked hard to get. Well I once again reached that moment in my game. But I am out of ideas. I just don't have a clue of how to torture my dwarves with an unique useless contraption. So I need you! You MUST tell me how to make them suffer for a building of no point.
I have a volcano but almost no water. Just to give you ideas.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Re: What to build?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 03:13:14 am »

Construct a bottleneck entry point all goblin invaders must use across a bridge.  Which has pressure plates.  Which trigger a 50+ z-level fall.  Bonus points if it drops then straight into the magma sea, or an cotton-candy room filled with cotton-candy spikes, or directly onto TheReallyDenseBlackRockOfForbodingness(tm).  Triple-extra bonus points if you make a contained drop-pit to drop them directly into hell to be dealt with by clowns.  Quad-extra bonus points if you make it a series of carefully controlled automated 1 z-level drops to get them to hell safely in one piece.  50% point bonus on top of this if you do this to elves.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:15:55 am by janglur »

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 03:17:18 am »

In fact, this idea is so awesome, i'm gonna try to do it.

Race you!

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:35:57 am »

Seems like a good idea. Do my own dwarves also trigger the plates? I want to torture them but not make every passing dwarf die... I'm still open for other ideas.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:49:12 am »

pressure plates can be set to be not triggered by citizens
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Dadou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:52:56 am »

Build the Magma Mothership in a cavern above the magma sea. It must have room for your dwarves to rest til they reach the core of the earth, it must have food and booze stockpiles and anything you think necessary. Cover it with cotton candy outside and pave the inside with gold. Encrust gold statues and put it inside too.

Then put all your dwarves in the Magmaship and pull the lever. Watch their journey to the center of the earth !

Bonus : build your ship from natural wall and engrave it (instead of constructing it).
No magma, no Fun.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 04:08:22 am »

Build a survival horror city at an evil biome.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:05 am »

Well since I am not a good engineer and hell freaked me out the last time I breached it I'm gonna pass on the pressure plates idea.
I sealed off everything! But noooo! They came in from the well. The expedition leader survived for 7 months when all the others had died.
I am not at an evil biome. I can't really do that.
The magma mothership thingy is a good idea though. I have a volcano instead of a magma pipe but it will do I guess! It will be the new killing chamber of the useless dwarves who come in with the migrants. Watching them dehydrate wasn't really that fun and there was a chance of someone breaking down the door and going on a rampage... But what is cotton candy? Is it some sort of disguise name for something?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 04:47:08 am »

But what is cotton candy? Is it some sort of disguise name for something?
It comes from the circus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:51:31 am »

damned...you ninja!
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 04:58:10 am »

damned...you ninja!

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 05:13:10 am »

Construct a bottleneck entry point all goblin invaders must use across a bridge.  Which has pressure plates.  Which trigger a 50+ z-level fall.  Bonus points if it drops then straight into the magma sea, or an cotton-candy room filled with cotton-candy spikes, or directly onto TheReallyDenseBlackRockOfForbodingness(tm).  Triple-extra bonus points if you make a contained drop-pit to drop them directly into hell to be dealt with by clowns.  Quad-extra bonus points if you make it a series of carefully controlled automated 1 z-level drops to get them to hell safely in one piece.  50% point bonus on top of this if you do this to elves.
200% bonus if you can trick the game into dropping TheReallyDenseBlackRockOfForbodingnesstm on top of them
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 07:07:45 am »

Well... I guess surrounding it with cotton candy is a no then... How about I put a picture of the completed thing here? Sure it won't be much compared to all the awesomeness out there but at least it's something.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 07:17:05 am »

damned...you ninja!

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

petersohn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:25:46 am »

What magma mothership? Sink the entire terrain into the magma sea!
Pages: [1] 2