Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Crusader Kings: El kingo of spaino.  (Read 8033 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings: Pretty Sweet.
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 12:05:52 pm »

He doesn't have the inbred trait, he's fine.  Also, if I assassinate him I'll lose, because the next in line isn't even related to me.
Shoes...

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 12:08:38 pm »

Which is where the wife assassination comes in.  Marry yourself to someone young and lustful, make a heir, assassinate.  But, if he isn't inbred, don't worry about the assassination.  Still, you should get some more sons.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 02:46:33 pm »

Okay, I got this game on the recommendation of that LP everyone was linking to.  This thread makes it sound pretty awesome.  However...

I don't have the slightest fucking idea how to actually play it.  The most I've managed to do so far was launch an attack against some nearby Turks, which made everybody mad at me, and then a giant Turkish army appeared inside by kingdom and laid waste to everything.

So, can anyone suggest a good tutorial somewhere?  Because holy crap this interface is opaque.
You did get the complete edition and install DVIP, right? It makes the game so much better, but you'll still need a tutorial. Try the paradox forums.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 04:20:59 pm »

Recently started a game as the count of Faereyar, which I presume is the smallest province in way of land mass. Anyway, starting out at age 49, I was amazingly lucky to have a child, though it was a girl and I changed my succession laws to fit her. I died quite early and inherited the county as a 4 year old girl. At the age of 16, after grey eminence kicked in I had a total of 21 diplomacy, and married El Cid. Unfortunately female rulers marrying is buggy to say the least, and I had to edit the save game to get him to my court, and later I had to edit a child to be in my dynasty so that I didn't just get a game over screen despite my son inheriting. Considering it's about 1090 I think I've had some sweet accomplishments, and am currently preparing to invade Iceland with armies led by El Cid.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings: Heathens and Germans. Heathen Germans.
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 08:08:03 pm »

So. I kill the guy who rebelled. Or rather I beat him up and put him back in charge of his kingdom sans duke title and then turn to the heathens. Damn guys got absorbed completely by some other heathens from the holy lands. They are bigger then me but I attack anyway. They don't help each other at all, one by one they fall to my entire kingdom as their wussy fellow lords look on and wait their turn. So going good. Somehow the Germans are at war with me now though and they are about 18 times bigger, lucky for me the only one attacking me is their king and my army is almost as big as his. I beat him off my lands and even siege a tiny area he has next to my kingdom. Start ten year pissing match where I will not give him the 1.5k he wants for my surrender and he will not give me the claims he has on my lands for his surrender. I die and my son promptly gets the throne. My last guy could care for two provinces at a time, I was basically at 80% all the time, so I groomed my new guy to be able to take care of more. But now I see the downside, everyone hates him. His brother and count ass face rebel but with the eight provinces I can hold I basically put them down myself. Then I die and my brother "Fuck waiting for two years I want to be king of a tiny place now damn it" takes over, he has even worse personality issues but he can hold a whopping 12 provinces. Then the Germans come back. Long and bloody war latter, I lose and they take two territories, although one of my dukes got himself a territory in the middle of German land somehow. Now my army is dead, my lords hate me, I have no heirs (If I die now the next in line to the throne is the son of a french courier), my wife has depression and hates me (so no heirs forthcoming,) I am bedridden like half the lords in my kingdom, the Germans are massing on the borders and I don't think I can stop them from completely overrunning me, and to top it all off my wife (the barren one that hates me) has a intrigue of 17, no way in hell can I kill her.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:43 pm »

Bummer man.  Hopefully it was fun because it sounds like there is no way out of that one. 

Something I haven't experimented with is what defines the end of a dynasty.  Is it possible for, say, your cousin to inherit the throne and still be a part of the dynasty?  Or will the game end there?  Does it always just have to be someone within your bloodline (denoted by the little blood drop)?  I've always assumed it needed to be someone in the immediate family of the ruler.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 08:24:46 pm »

I think it needs to be a direct relative, so either a sibling or a son. Don't quote me on that though.
The best way to play crusader kings is to start as a count and build up from there, though some counts are just surrounded with poor lands and bad technology so everyone gets stronger faster then you and you end up getting anexed.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:09 pm »

Thanks for the info.

Also, Counts are cool and all... well unless they are in the Byzantine Empire... 

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 08:42:39 pm »

Bummer man.  Hopefully it was fun because it sounds like there is no way out of that one. 

Yeah. I am hoping my wife will hang herself or something so I can marry some young thing and make some boys, but since my guy has a war wound and a high level illness I doubt even that can help.

I guess I learned to never marry off a daughter to anyone that is not in your court, turns out I married his off two kings ago to count ass faces father (Or as I like to say count ass face Senior. He was also a rebel.) So when I took his lands and he fled to France he took her and my heir with him.

Edit: Wait no it was count ass face, before he showed himself to be the dog that his father was.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:44:16 pm by Criptfeind »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 08:49:49 pm »

If you have the deus vult expansion then your dynasty doesn't end unless you lose all your lands to another dynasty.  If your last dynasty member dies out in deus vult and there is no one in line to inherit, a distant cousin will be found to take the inheritance.  He'll have crap stats but you won't be out of the game.  Then all you have to do is marry some pretty young thing with sexy tracts of land stats and wait for your more capable son to inherit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »

But the real question is, will I become the subject to a french king and have TWO major powers gunning for me :Y?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 11:02:24 pm »

No, in your case, someone outside your dynasty inherits and you lose the game entirely.  You could try assassinating him however.  Or using the 'die' cheat.  Open up the console with F12, open up his character portrait and type 'die' into the console and poof, problem solved.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 11:06:39 pm »

Okay. Going to try to kill the queen and then get sexy.

I will tell you how that works out.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 11:34:16 pm »

Queen still alive, I sent my armies to kill the heathens to the south.

Over ten thousand men marching on the Muslim empire. My Dukes are starting to fight wars with each other, I have stayed out of this because both of these dukes hate me (These also happen to be some of my strongest dukes.) Another duke has broken away and I sent some dukes that are still with me to fight him.

50,000 solders of my realm are on the march. 15,000 vs. enemies. The others? Themselves.

FINAL DESTINATION GO!

Edit: Made peace, crushed bad guys, killed wife, found pretty young thing with lust. Game crashed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:08:53 am by Criptfeind »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 03:31:47 am »

On inheritance the game only continues if someone blood-related to you inherits (the mark at the bottom left) but that's actually defined by little more than having the same last name, as if you ever trace inheritance through a female the game seems to end.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6