Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Megaproject: Winterfell (Updated 2/08/2011) Completed!  (Read 16512 times)

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject: Winterfell (Updated 11/09)
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46:05 am »

Now that's interesting, wonder how if it'll work indoors, or better yet, find a way to have the [OUTSIDE] & [SUNLIGHT] tags changed on something subterranean (not talking about the cave-in method, I do that quite frequently)

Good Job Halnoth :)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject: Winterfell (Updated 2/08/2011) Completed!
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 09:05:43 am »

Updated!
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:26 pm »

Would you mind doing some shots with Fortress Overseer?

This is really cool.
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 05:18:04 pm »

I certainly can, my only qualm is that overseer doesn't show much of the detail (statues, windows, etc).
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 05:25:52 pm »

I like Stonesense a lot, but it doesn't do justice to the scale of most projects. With both of them my imagination can meet somewhere in the middle.

Thanks!
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »

I like Stonesense a lot, but it doesn't do justice to the scale of most projects. With both of them my imagination can meet somewhere in the middle.

Thanks!

huh, forgive me but overseer doesnt have a readme that I could see how do I take an ss? Just printscreen or is there something in the program?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 07:34:55 pm »

This is awesome. We need to make all the castle is ASOIAF, the Eyrie would be sick. My only qualm is that in the books, Winterfell is described as having hills throughout it, but it would be hard to find a sight with hills in that fashion. But great job!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »

This is awesome. We need to make all the castle is ASOIAF, the Eyrie would be sick. My only qualm is that in the books, Winterfell is described as having hills throughout it, but it would be hard to find a sight with hills in that fashion. But great job!

One day, I plan on building a Winterfell inspired fortress. I'll start a building somewhere and give no regard to its surroundings. Just wish I could find a suitably hilly area.

I'll probably post pictures somewhere.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2011, 08:46:45 pm »

I built hills where I needed them tbh, trying to find the correct number of hills would have been a giant pita considering the size of the castle. Ill get around to overseer shots soon, been busy.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2011, 11:54:31 am »

Nice fort :)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »

I built hills where I needed them tbh, trying to find the correct number of hills would have been a giant pita considering the size of the castle. Ill get around to overseer shots soon, been busy.

Honestly, just any bumps in the ground would be fine.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:38 am »

could have started in a flat embark with lots of soil layers and just dug out the spaces around the hills...
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 07:43:41 pm »

could have started in a flat embark with lots of soil layers and just dug out the spaces around the hills...

Well sure but I created that soil mod just for this project.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 01:58:51 am »

Considering how well this fort looks in stonesense has inspired me to do something similar, a medieval styled fortress spanning a large area, probably 8x8 (sadly stonesense can't take complete screenshots this big, i'll have to paste several screens together)
Described in greater detail in another thread :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 09:20:54 pm »

So I found the perfect map for the Eyrie, but there is no way I am starting the Eyrie without a 3d visualizer I can use. Overseer won't work for me (apparently because it doesn't like GeForce) and stonesense doesn't have a full map screenshot or anyway to see the entire fort sooooooo does anyone know of another visualizer knockin about these parts?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]