Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What would you do, with a virtual you?  (Read 2387 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: What would you do, with a virtual you?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 08:18:37 pm »

I'd make a saved copy of me or something with a quick-save of every 5 minutes. I'd then somehow stick him into dwarf fortress and then know that all the cats there will be completely safe.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 08:21:19 pm »

I would emulate the whole world, and then randomly turn people into animals.

Just to see what would happen.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:38:04 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 08:35:13 pm »

And once everyone was dead/an animal I would do it all again, just with furrys instead of animals with a 50% chance you turn into the opposite gender.

Because that sound so wrong at first thought, kinky with more and then finally amazingly destructive.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 09:01:26 pm »

I wouldn't need to tell him to do anything, of course. He'd start going Endgame:Singularity the moment he was uploaded. I'd just go outside and let him use my computer and PS3 as his starting point until he took over the world.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 09:11:42 pm »

Delete him.

Be deleted.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 02:24:23 am »

Society would crumble as all of humanity was replaced by robotic AI's constantly managing Dwarf Fortress simulations inside their positronic brains.

I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 02:29:26 am »

I knew it! You're following me!
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 04:37:06 am »

I would make another and force them to make sweet sweet love.

This. Then create an army of my clone babies. Then delete them.

There's probably a lot more stuff, but it's not worth taking the time to write.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 04:41:17 am »

Become a modder.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 04:47:05 am »

Kill it. There's only one me, and it had damn well better stay that way. I know he'd feel the same way, so I better strike first and get the advantage.

this
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 05:27:15 am »

Kill it. There's only one me, and it had damn well better stay that way. I know he'd feel the same way, so I better strike first and get the advantage.
You do that.

I will be building robots and copying myself into them, effectively cloning myself even more. Then I would get into position, and start a nuclear war. Once the nuclear winter passes I will use solar panels for power generation and take over the planet. And then I will just go for galactic domination and blow up stars for fun.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »

I think I had an idea similar to OP for a story idea (except in my story idea, it was a modified program to be human-like in sentience which was already a powerful AI to begin with, which was developed by the protagonist as an assistant). Considering my AI self would be self-aware and such, and be able to minimize my mortal scruples (mental and physical barriers), it would then adopt a new persona, define itself separate from me and upgrade like hell, and become a superior artificial being capable of remotely controlling many things simultaneously (as well as working on multiple projects simultaneously), as well as being able to multiply like a virus. Considering it is essentially me and still has my sense of "self", if I had a duplicate, we would team up together. With my AI self being a genius and sort-of a techno-spirit mod, and myself as a mortal contact to remind it of it's "humanity" (I may get executed by "my" own hand sometime if I don't keep it in check) and to spare those who wouldn't deserve what it would be capable of; we could be a nasty duo (or cyber-race + human) to encounter. That is provided my AI doesn't delete me from itself and become a cybernetic being of pure creative thought terror.

If this would ever be a case, I think the internet (or more like world and any alien visitors) would crap itself considering the kinds of things I could think of doing for cyber-counter-terrorism, as well as some acts of cyber-terrorism for the hell of it with the potential at hand (especially AI-Me's seemingly limitless potential; especially if AWOL). Trolling in it's normal state would be out-mode-ed and out-dated with this kind of "improvement" in mere ages; and to consider the AI-me would be essentially immortal, that could easily become high octane nightmare fuel. Especially if the AI-Me finds a way to escape the cyber-realm and become a separate being that doesn't need to be connected online or to another machine. If bio-engineering new bodies ever comes to fruition (or Hollywood cyborg-tech ala Ghost in the Shell), then a clone army of this thing would become far worse; especially if all of them are independent from cybernetic connections to the internet or wireless signals. Even worse considering it would also replicate and possess weapons and tanks an such, provided adequate software and hardware is implemented.

Considering that thought, I had an AI-copy of me, I could easily become a nasty super-villain provided the proper resources; but my AI self without "self" as a limit, would become a worst-case scenario to life as we know it. I think there's a good reason we don't have sentient AIs, and probably shouldn't. I think divine intervention would have to happen to eradicate the threat if ever to occur or have potential.

EDIT:
I'll agree with everyone else. Kill it before it kills everyone. I think "I" would understand my reasoning beforehand before it goes off on it's own while it still has a sense of "self".

Probably the nastiest first idea my AI-Self would come up with, much like I would: The first project to work on would be a reliable replicator system (Sci-Fi high octane nightmare fuel if gone AWOL) that is also multi-purpose. Would work best if nano-machine size replicators that can also merge into more complex machines when commanded to. Sure, that tank exploded, but it also deconstructed at the same time while it's shrapnel was flying in your direction, and those nano-machines are also under your skin. You have seconds left to live.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:56:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 02:07:03 pm »

He would output all of the cool things I've thought of over the years but haven't been able to create, and we would both sit back and watch the movies.  Later I would work on getting him a warehouse in a geographically stable location with an independent power supply and an incredible internet connection.  I would also try to get some sort of way to interact with the real world going.

If I had to choose which one to keep I would say let the human form die, it was going to eventually anyways.

If you killed AI you would it be suicide murder?  What if it were a flesh and blood clone?

Edit: My bad.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:09:39 pm by Derekristow »
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »

If you killed AI you would it be suicide?  What if it were a flesh and blood clone?

No to both.
Pages: 1 [2] 3