Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26677 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

Name: Etur Rackwheels
Username: HmH
Personality: Wood
Skills: Competent Mason, Competent Carpenter, Skilled Mechanic
Items: Toolset(500), Single Dwarf Tent(50), Group Basics(50), Personal Basics(5), Pick(15), Six Weeks of Hardtack(30), 10 Bottles of Rum(40), Wheelbarrow(60), 10 yards of 300lb Rope(50)
Deity: Ral(Goddess associated with wealth)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:07:20 am by HmH »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do i determine how high my skills are? nevermind i found it
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:58:10 am by Hastur »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Artisan Tools for bone, stone, cloth and wood, Forge Tools for making and crafting metal and making glass, and Jewelling Tools for anything to do with cutting gems and glass.
How much would you suggest for each??? Jeweler's tools would be expensive wouldn't you think...

Also, what material are the weapons and shields made of?
Hmmmm, one sec... Hahah D4 rolled 1 for copper 2-3 for iron and 4 for bronze....

Roll(1d4)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

Also...

Irony AND Maxi have both visited the Kennel,

BOTH roll...

Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

they both look into the box...

Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

Thats 5 Kittens so far from just TWO Dwarves...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we going to start on a giant owl?!!?!
Um thats actually the LOL vote... you know, like cookies!!! and BLAH!!!! and shit like that....

2 bags of 10 potato Seeds (40)
maxi.... Its DF Mountainhome, as in DWARVEN seeds...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:46:38 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

NAME:: Shade Buket-Nimak
USERNAME:: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=19100
PERSONALITY:: Water
SKILLS::
Code: [Select]
2p Adequate Miner
2p Adequate Cook
1p Novice Brewer
1p Novice Diagnostician
2p Adequate Wound Dresser
1p Novice Record Keeper
1p Novice Organiser
ITEMS::
Code: [Select]
(60☼)  1   Backpack
(30☼)  10  12 Hour Candles
(12☼)  2   Lantern
(10☼)  1   Wineskin
(50☼)  10y 300lb Rope
(10☼)  1   Personal Basics
(20☼)  1   Climbing Gear
(30☼)  2   Pick
(12☼)  1   Shovel
(20☼)  2   6/Bandages

(60☼)  1   Peasant Clothes
(180☼) 1   Winter Clothes

(4☼)   1   Cheap Bottle of Rum
(10☼)  2   Weeks Worth of Hardtack

(300☼) 1   20 Dwarf Tent

(800☼) Total

Going for a team-supporter thing here. Hence the extra supplies and medical skills, and the Mining is to make sure I never become obsolete. Pick is also going to be my weapon. The rum and hardtack is my personal stash.

Also, NOTE THE TENT.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:16:00 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Dabbling" isn't a real skill level in DF, it's just a no-rank skill you've gained some experience in and therefore warrants mentioning. Since getting to Professional supposedly costs 5 points, presumably it's the same here.

Also, NOTE THE TENT.
Many hugs. If two weeks doesn't cut it for hardtack, you can probably have some of mine. Dunno what the hooch situation is gonna be like, though.

Also, I get two free kittens? Neat!

...do animals eat in this?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okays, I'll change it to reflect 'first level free'. If anyone would exchange their obsolete tent for more food, that would be great.

Also, do we need an anvil for a Forge? Or is that part of the Tool Kit? Or is that simply something that can't be brought along at first?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

2 bags of 10 potato Seeds (40)
maxi.... Its DF Mountainhome, as in DWARVEN seeds...
but potatoes are awesome
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okays, I'll change it to reflect 'first level free'. If anyone would exchange their obsolete tent for more food, that would be great.

Also, do we need an anvil for a Forge? Or is that part of the Tool Kit? Or is that simply something that can't be brought along at first?
Its part of the tool kit, kinda why making set tools for profession is becoming more and more appealing...
Perhaps it could COST a Toolkit to build a Forge (Toolkit is the Anvil and is used in construction)

Or How does...

Smithing Equipment - Includes your Hammer, Bellow and Anvil... 600
Jeweller's Gear - Includes your Fine Pick and Magnifying Glass... 600
Fishing Gear - Rod, Fillet knife and Extra line and gear included... 300
Crafting Equipment - Chisel Hammer and Crafting Knife included... 400
Carpenter/Mason - Chisel and Hammer included... 400

Sound...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...do animals eat in this?
Coin flipped. Well D4 Rolled, 1-2 Yes, 3-4 No...

Roll(1d4)+0:
3,+0
Total:3

No... They eat the Vermin and stuff like that, so you don't need to actively feed them...

How do i determine how high my skills are? nevermind i found it
There are the list of skills in the first post, under the spoiler Skill levels.
All you need to know is that after Dabbling, everything costs one point. And the max you can go up to is Proficient...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:38:45 am by Neyvn »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name Vallan Lombukog
User: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile Hastur
Personality: is Metal
Skills
2 pt mechanic
1 pt trapper
1 pt leatherworker
1 pt Thrower
1 pt Mace
4 pt Carpentry

Items
60 backpaack
500 carpentry toolset
36 candles x6
5 basics
60 plump helmets x4weeks
6 lantern
10 wineskin
28 rumx4
50 weeks hardtack x10
and the rest will be spent on a russian dwarven fur hat

I make conversation with the shopkeepers and attempt to pay less money by gathering my items and claiming i only have slighty less, and seeming dissapointed about it. Then I ask whats in the clothemakers box up high
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:01:36 am by Hastur »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a wonder, does the Personality thing actually make sense. Basicly they are to show how quick a Dwarf will learn a skill, being metal and doing Carpentry will NOT level up quickly. (for example) But being Metal and doing BoneCrafting will level up BoneCrafting twice as fast...
And is it clear for which the Jobs are connected to the Personalities, the ones named should be clear but what about the unnamed ones, like Mechanics, this is under Wood due to the fact that it is collecting and processing Stone then building it to construct traps and levers...

Name Vallan Lombukog
User: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile Hastur
Personality: is Metal
Skills
Adequate mechanic
Novice Conversationalist
Novice Thrower
Novice Mace
Skilled Carpentry
Novice Liar

Items
60 backpaack
500 carpentry toolset
36 candles x6
5 basics
60 plump helmets x4weeks
6 lantern
10 wineskin
28 rumx4
50 weeks hardtack x10
and the rest will be spent on a russian dwarven fur hat

I make conversation with the shopkeepers and attempt to pay less money by gathering my items and claiming i only have slighty less, and seeming dissapointed about it. Then I ask whats in the clothemakers box up high
Love to know where you are finding that Hat, and the Clothing box up high is just the Nobles gear, can't let dirty fingers just rummage through it...
Trust me, I ain't even gonna roll for that attempt to haggle. The THAC0 variation on that target is too high to even begin with...
((Rolls anyway))
Yeah, no such luck...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:45:43 am by Neyvn »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Whew. Crisis averted.

Anyway, the toolset thing sounds like it might be a bit overspecialized. I mean, I would tend to think metalsmithing would be pretty mandatory not too far in, possibly before the first caravan, and crafting is probably pretty essential if we want to be able to buy anything from merchants.

Also, which structures would require them? Like, a craftsdwarf's shop would obviously need one set of crafting gear, but what about the smithing chain? There's a wood furnace, smelter, and metalsmith's forge to create- which one gets/needs the bellows?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As for how we got an anvil so cheap, let's say that it's actually a slab of granite with a metal plate bolted onto it.

And yeah, small animals would be fine eating things like rats, and whatever bits of food and other semi-edible things we lose track of.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont want to be the talker anymore can i change my social skills to something else
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27