Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So no one wants to know how I do this? Ok then, Quick question, Should I get boring with the Updates, putting in the Results and no Story???

Yes, it takes too long and it will be too big when I read it.
No, take all the time you need, I like the story that comes with each post.
Other:: I will PM you what I think you should do...
OH SHIT, AN OWL!!! ((PS: IF you are thinking of doing something like this, and want to know the Template, PM me))

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Fortress Mode 2.0 :: Your life in a Dwarven Fortress ((Migrants always Welcome))  (Read 26663 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, cool. Does this only apply to working with items/materials, or will a dwarf think his room is terrible because it was carved out, smoothed, and filled with furniture crafted by dwarves whose alignment he hates?

Also, I updated my sheet, both to fix the profile link and adjust the cost of the toolkit. On a related note, how fast do we drink?
Oh Toolkit cost hasn't changed...
And hell yes on the Room thing, its really one of those things that makes the fortress as strange and wonderful as we know it, but to get feelings like that you really really really have to hate the other Dwarf...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Are we ditching the 500-toolkit thing and using the ones you listed? (600 for forging, 400 for carpentry, etc) That's what I meant.

And yeah, this should prove... interesting. Notably, I am going to HATE the food in this place, as Water dwarves make the best farmers, cooks, and brewers. I mean, when the booze ain't right, not much can be.

At least the furniture and entire interior will be awesome.

By the way, do dwarves react neutrally to their own affinity, or like it? Would a Metal dwarf like a chest made by a Fire dwarf more than another Metal dwarf, in other words.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Is it possible to get armour? I'll be posting an outpost guard fire dwarf soon, just wanted to check this. If not, will Winter Clothes provide the best armour value or will they restrict movement?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to get armour? I'll be posting an outpost guard fire dwarf soon, just wanted to check this. If not, will Winter Clothes provide the best armour value or will they restrict movement?
Instead of point you at the Weapons info at the start of the spoiler for it, I will just tell you what it says about Armour...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Basicly, the Mountainhome ain't gonna waste armour on Migrants, cause there is not really anything such as secondhand armour...

Are we ditching the 500-toolkit thing and using the ones you listed? (600 for forging, 400 for carpentry, etc) That's what I meant.
Nah keeping the 500 and doing what Slade said back a bit...
And yeah, this should prove... interesting. Notably, I am going to HATE the food in this place, as Water dwarves make the best farmers, cooks, and brewers. I mean, when the booze ain't right, not much can be.
You mean Earth Dwarves...

By the way, do dwarves react neutrally to their own affinity, or like it? Would a Metal dwarf like a chest made by a Fire dwarf more than another Metal dwarf, in other words.
No Metal on Metal is like Perfect pitch, The Metal will like Metals work cause he knows how much work went through to even get Shoddy quality, and knows that it will get better over time, if a Beginner Metal works with an Experiance Metal, the Bonus to the roll is like 10fold to a point (over exaggeration but none the less you should get it)
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Oh dear :P
Alright, I missed that bit.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

I'm a cook/brewer, by the way. Water, though. I'll try to use my brains to make delicious foods and drinks.

Oh, I also like being called Slade. Much cooler name.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Name: Arkon Onolduthnur [Estillibash]
Username: Samthere
Personality: !!FIRE!!
Skills: competent shield user, competent dodger, adequate axedwarf, novice armor user, novice swimmer
Purchases: medium shield (740☼), 2 axes (640☼), backpack (590☼) personal basics (585☼), climbing gear (565☼), pick (550☼), shovel (538☼), 3 whetstones (535☼), 2 bags of 6 bandages (515☼), peasant clothes (455☼), winter clothes (275☼), lantern (269☼), 8 candles (245☼), 1-dwarf tent (195☼), 3 yards of 300lb rope (180☼), 2 waterskins (160☼), a particularly sturdy-looking puppy (60☼), 5 bottles of cheap rum (40☼), 4 weeks of hardtack (20☼)
Pocket change: 20☼

Any free kittens shall ride upon the puppy!

As everyone was almost ready to embark, Arkon had to run back into the fortress and argue with the weaponry shopkeeper for a refund on his second shield. He had forgotten to buy any food or drink. :P

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:42:15 am by Samthere »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As everyone was almost ready to embark, Arkon had to run back into the fortress and argue with the weaponry shopkeeper for a refund on his second shield. He had forgotten to buy any food or drink. :P
OH??? hehehehehe, Maybe I SHOULD have posted the RP post of you guys entering the store...

“Welcome colonist, this hear be a fine store with a lot of good things to buy, please take the time to select and pick your items so that you don’t make a mistake and need to get rid of something you didn’t need. No refunds, I buy back half price, this ain’t a right it’s a privilege…”

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Quote from: A dwarven shopkeeper
“Welcome colonist, this hear be a fine store with a lot of good things to buy, please take the time to select and pick your items so that you don’t make a mistake and need to get rid of something you didn’t need. No refunds, I buy back half price, this ain’t a right it’s a privilege…”

Which is why I was very careful to include the refund in my initial buy instead of trying to ask for a refund after posting a wrong buy list :P
Maybe I hadn't bought the axe yet and made a trade-in deal. Maybe I was just persuasive. Maybe I was persuasive strictly because I had already bought the axe. :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:45:17 am by Samthere »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe I was just persuasive. :D
Rolls dice...

You piss the Shopkeeper off. You now pay twice as much... ^_^ Ah shame...

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

Is this... canonical? :D
If so...
...Arkon goes mad and jumps into a chasm to be replaced by his twin brother of the same name who is less forgetful when purchasing initial equipment. ~yay for chargen death due to unfavourable economic circumstances!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:50:20 am by Samthere »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this... canonical? :D
If so...
...Arkon goes mad and jumps into a chasm to be replaced by his twin brother of the same name who is less forgetful when purchasing initial equipment.
hahahah, had to actually look up the word canonical, I guessed what it meant, but still needed to double check. Nah all fun and games, besides being a twin ain't gonna stop him from thinking its the same guy... ^_^

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

I was about to strikeout all of the above and add:

NO! No chargen death or cheap twin brothers! Arkon shall beg the shopkeeper with all his begging might, for it is his life and the very glory of the mountainhome that now hang by a thread!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was about to strikeout all of the above and add:

NO! No chargen death or cheap twin brothers! Arkon shall beg the shopkeeper with all his begging might, for it is his life and the very glory of the mountainhome that now hang by a thread!
Rolls dice...

The shop keeper shrugs...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

Let's see what we've got so far:

1 Crafter Kit
1 Mason/Carpenter Kit
1 Jeweller Kit
5 Personal Basics
2 Group Basics
2 Climbing Gear
3 Backpack
1 Huge backpack
50 Candles
5 Lanterns
4 Wineskin
1 Wheelbarrow
1 20 Dwarf Tent
2 Single Tents
3 Peasant Clothes
2 Winter Clothes
2 10 yards of 300lb Rope
1 3 yards of 300lb Rope
24 Bandages

(Copper)
1 Crossbow
3 Axe
5 Pick 
2 Shovel
1 Medium Shield
3 Whetstones

4 Plump Helmets
50 Hardtack Biscuits
10 Bottles of Beer
52 Bottles of Rum
20 Plump Helmet Spawn

2 Puppy
5 Kittens

37☼
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:40:40 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27