Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Game Over  (Read 26691 times)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 2
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2010, 10:35:34 am »

Because, is it really hard to accept I think Toaster is more scum than Zathras?

No, that's not hard to accept. Frankly, it's not even the question. We'd just like to know what in the hell it is you find so scummy about him. And for the love of God, don't just give me a 'gut feeling' argument. =/

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2010, 11:09:24 am »

It looks to me like he's not really asking questions for anything but to appear useful.  This is completely subjective and exactly what happens in mafia.  And this is going to be my what?  Third time saying this?  It's getting hard to tell everything is just blending into one big stupid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2010, 12:27:38 pm »

Toony:  I guess I see what you're saying, but it remains hard to respond to something so subjective.

Ottofar:  You can do better than that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Overseer

• Bay Watcher
  • You saw... NOTHING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2010, 04:56:52 pm »

Ahem... is this thing on? *knock* *knock*

ATTENTION! ATTENTION, CITIZENS OF THE EMPIRE.
THIS IS THE IMPERIAL COMMANDER SPEAKING.

What the fuck have you morons being doing so far? Two days already gone, and you've bickered about nothing for the whole of it. A more useless bag of vermin I've never seen. Get your ass in gear and solve this thing already!

You seem to have forgotten why you are here. WE ARE THE EMPIRE. WE KILL CYBRIDS. We don't just lounge around while they pick us off one by one. You've already killed a loyal Imperial through your incompetence. We also have an element of rebel dissension in our ranks, which must be eliminated, but the Cybrids are the greatest threat.

I have been using the computer system to analyze biological readings and extrapolate pernicious social patterns. I have concluded that TOASTER's lifesigns are suspect of bring CYBRID. I have also searched OTTOFAR's quarters and found clear evidence that he's a treacherous REBEL.

You are hereby DIRECTED BY THE EMPIRE to get your ass in gear and lynch the crap out of those two motherfuckers. The Cybrid today and the Rebel tomorrow, or however it can be done, but the longer you wait, the worse it will be.

May Earth's power on this God forsaken planet survive this unfortunate situation. Godspeed to all loyal citizens caught in this mess.

LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR

THAT IS ALL

The Overseer

• Bay Watcher
  • You saw... NOTHING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2010, 06:17:26 pm »

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

ATTENTION: FURTHER MESSAGE FROM THE IMPERIAL COMMANDER

As you know, there may be Cybrid/Ghost or Rebel/Snowman who would attempt to use this mechanism to spread misinformation and unsubstantiated rumors. There is a way to prevent this, and be 100% certain you can trust my words: The Overseer Imperial Authentication Service.

I have generated a PGP key. I will sign messages with it. You can use your own Operating System facilities to download the public key from the MIT keyserver, or through a web broser: http://pgp.mit.edu

You may then verify messages posted using the Overseer system using that public key[1]. If they match, then you are hearing the VOICE OF THE IMPERIAL COMMANDER. If they do not, you know it is one or another variety of scum trying to toy with your brains.

[1] Be sure to use the full message text, incluing BB code, as you would see by quoting it.

The key details: Imperial Commander (Cybrid Mafia II) <commander@empire.gov>
KEY ID:FC102A27
Fingerprint=576D 7451 C47E 8189 48BF  17E6 14AF 71F2 FC10 2A27

Trust only the words of those loyal to the Empire. May your search be fruitful, and Earth's interests protected.

LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR

THAT IS ALL

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkzR7MMACgkQFK9x8vwQKicCmwCfeOBnY4KzdeLA8Uo19ICHJBd4
haYAoIB+RbjPcaG/pt6Ko3mEbvp5X1pQ
=pgtX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »

I don't think I have to change my vote.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2010, 07:41:42 pm »

1) Using encryption like that is frowned on by some mods- you might want to clear that.

2) How do we know you're the real one in the first place?  All we can verify that way is which of the two is talking, so you can't impersonate each other.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2010, 08:08:06 pm »

Okay, I have no idea if ottofar extended or opposes extension, so here's your 1 hour warning, guys.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:09 pm »

Not much is happening, and people seem pretty set on their minds. Just end it, I say.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2010, 08:18:48 pm »

After the first few games I ran, I always give the hour warning.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

The day is now over

There's a No Lynch, votes being everyone but Zathras.

Zathras looks almost angry as the group decides the best course of action is simply to wait, and to bide their time.

"You fools! I swear that we'll regret this decision! We need to take action! We need to kill the cybrid! We need to get rid of THIS bastard!" He point his finger at ToonyMan, who just looks around nervously. "For killing a loyal Imperial soldier!"

Ottofar quickly blocks the finger. "If you don't recall, it wasn't exactly in cold blood. The kid had to act, and look at him - this whole situation terrifies him. Just calm the hell down, Zathras. We'll all take a lunch break, I'll scan the outside to see if we have any more cybrids in bound, and we'll talk some more in a few hours. I'm sure you can wait a few hours before getting more of us killed with your hasty accusations, I hope?

Send me your night actions!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:09:55 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Night 2
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2010, 08:33:16 am »

Unfortunately, Zathras couldn't wait. A few hours later, Toaster approaches the others, a bit shaky.

"There's something terrible I need to share. Zathras is dead."

Immediately, there's a chorus of questions, but Mr.Person silences them with a glare at Toaster. "What do you mean, Zathras is dead? How the hell do you know?"

"Because I passed by his room on the way here - the door was open and his guts splattered against the wall. I apologize if I didn't stop to check for a pulse, but I figured there wasn't much of a point."

The group heads to Zathras's rooms - and discover a few interesting things. Not only is Zathras dead, but his computer is linked directly into the computers systems with top level access - he was the ships god-damned captain before it went down. The voice you've occasionally heard over the loudspeaker, trying to rally the crew against the cybrids, came from him - and now he's dead, the obvious victim of a cybrid blink gun. The door itself had its lock destroyed - and all without anyone else noticing.

ToonyMan calls weakly from outside the room. "What's going on? What are we going to to do now?"

Ottofar looks thoughtful. "Well, maybe he was right after all... we may have waited too long. Now... I don't know what we do now."[/purple]

Zathras was killed in the night!
Spoiler: He was... (click to show/hide)

It is now day 3.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:19:13 pm by GlyphGryph »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed. - Day 3
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2010, 11:13:12 am »

Toaster

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 05, 2010, 12:45:00 pm »

Is there one more imperial left or what?

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 05, 2010, 01:03:05 pm »

Is there one more imperial left or what?

I... think so. Dead guard, dead commander, perhaps one converted... just one left, assuming it wasn't the rebel hit instead. I would also hazard a guess that the first post was, indeed, Zathras. It just reads more like him, whereas the second post was far too informal; certainly not his style this game.

Hrm. But at the same time, he was far more eager for a Toony lynch, so why switch to demanding a Toaster kill..? seems like the final lynch will be between either Toony or Toaster... and since Zath recieved reports from other people and was definitely interested in bringing down Toony during a bloody mylo, I'm willing to support a lynch on him.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18