Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40375 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2010, 04:55:35 pm »

That would be because I was an anti-miller.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »

Zathras hefts the corpse of webadict puppet to a sitting position and works its mouth as he says "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"

Zathras has won! GAME END!

Hahahaha! That's soooo going in my sig!

I win! Woohoo!

Zathras takes the crown from his head and breaks it in two, placing one half of it on Solifuge's corpse. "It will always be a shared victory in my heart, dear scumbuddy".
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2010, 04:56:40 pm »

Now, background stuff! First, the concept:

"Okay, lets make a nice easy bastard mod this time, one that can only be lost by the players persistently sabotaging themselves and each other! Lets see... I know! We'll make a role that can make all living players win with a bit of information. Ah, but no one will believe that... so lets throw in TWO roles that can confirm that he's telling to the truth! And to top it all off, we'll put both of those roles in a chat with the two non-investigators, so they can share their results even if their afraid of revealing them on the main thread! Oh, we'll introduce a special ability that can be passed around and used to resurrect people, so even if they kill him, they can still bring him back to life. And in case they don't figure it out the first time, I'll have it work twice!

And even if all that fails, everyone can get one shot abilities so if they're smart they can have a team win simply by bringing another player to the end and being unable to kill each other!

Brilliant!"

Things deteriorated quite rapidly from there.

Chats
Mason Chat 1 - http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/zeh77J9wcWWPN
Mason Chat 2 - http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/FtghSaUMxVAzi

Players
Vector - Team Dog, Mason 1
Zathras - Blue Team, Mason 2
Toaster - Team Cat, Mason 1
Solifuge - Red Team, Mason 2
webadict - World Police

Scum 1:
You are Red Team: Scum

Night Action (One per Night):
Rocket Launcher: You have a one-shot night mafiakill.
Land Mine: If any player targets you with an action tonight, they are killed, but you may only use this once.
Active Camo: You may investigate a player of your choice. This reveals role name and alignment (town, scum, third party).

Ability:
Hax: Once per game, you may choose to use your l337 hax. Simply post : "User has disconnected" in the main thread, and you will be removed from the game for the remainder of the day/night cycle.
Mason Chat 1

You are scum. You win when no one else can win.

Scum 2:
You are Blue Team: Scum.

Crossbow: You have a one-shot night mafiakill.
Poison: You can poison another player, but you may do this only once. They are weakened (Kill immunity is removed), and may not use an ability this night OR vote the next day.
Stealth and Misdirection: If target player targets you with an ability, you may instead have that ability not work OR target some third player instead.
Filch: You gain a random night action or ability belonging to target player, and they lose it. You may only do this once.

Mason Chat 1

Scum 3:
You are Team Dog: Scum.

Raw in Tooth and Claw: You have a one-shot night mafiakill.
Growl: You can intimidate another player, roleblocking them, but you may only do this once.
Howl: Your sound drives all other players mad. Ability targets are completely randomized for all players, but you may only do this once.
Mason Chat 2

Ability:
Loyal Companion: You always look like you are town, even versus paranoid cops.
Mason Chat 2

Scum 4:
You are Team Cat: Scum.

Raw in Tooth and Claw: You have a one-shot night mafiakill.
Cat's Meow: You can seduce another player, roleblocking them, but you may only do this once.
Stealthy Paws: You can spy on another player, learning everything about them. You rip their role post.

Ability:
Nine Lives: You have one revive.
Mason Chat 2

Special:
You are Team America, World Police: Third Party.

Night Actions:
Sleuth Diplomacy: You can night kill other players.

Win condition:
You, and all surviving players, win if you know the name of each other player's role, including dead players. You may only attempt this once per day - you must submit the name of all players and their respective role name in a public post with the header "I DECLARE WORLD PEACE!". Having cataloged everyone, you can thus insure world peace... if you are right. If you are wrong, you lose your vote for the day, and can take no night action.
Note: If you are the last surviving player, you have no one to act superior towards. You lose.

Host:
You are The Host: Third Party.
You win if no other player can win.
You have the power and obligation to post roleflips for eliminated players. If you are killed, player role flips will no longer be revealed.
Dead or alive, you may and must still post day start/day end, and the deaths of other players
Other players are allowed to PM you, and you are allowed to PM them
THE SECOND CHANCE MEDAL - Give it to someone day one who you feel had the most clever rule interpretation that didn't actually work. Don't tell them what it does. It may be given by its owner to another player once per day/night.
The medal will auto-ressurect a killed player (in which case it goes to their killer, or the last player to vote for them). It may also be given to a dead player, and rezzes them (but they get to keep it). Two uses.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:02:56 pm by GlyphGryph »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2010, 04:59:03 pm »

So... why didn't webadict get resurrected?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2010, 05:01:51 pm »

Actions:
D1:
Zathras receives the Second Chance Medal.
N1:
Toaster Investigates Web
Zathras Redirects Solifuge to Web
Solifuge Investigates Zathras -> Gets Redirected to Web
Vector Kills webadict

D2:
Zathras gives Second Chance medal to Toaster.
Toaster is lynched.
Second Chance Medal becomes Last Chance Medal.
Toaster is revived.
Medal is passed to Solifuge, the one who placed the last vote on Toaster.
N2:
Zathras crossbows Toaster.
Solifuge rockets Vector.

D3:
Toaster resurrects via 9lives ability.
Solifuge gives medal to Vector.
Medal becomes the Missed Chance Medal.
Vector is resurrected.
Toaster is lynched.
N3:
Vector is poisoned.

D4:
Vector is lynched.
N4:
Solifuge uses Land Mine.
Zathras filches Webadict and gains a multi-use night kill.

D5:
-
N5:
Solifuge hacks the game and dissapears.
Zathras tries to kill him.

D6:
-
N6:
Zathras uses Sleuth Diplomacy on Solifuge.
Solifuge is killed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:07:17 pm by GlyphGryph »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2010, 05:07:34 pm »

Run another one :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2010, 05:09:14 pm »

Primer for chat histories:
The original Zathras was Solifuge. Edmund was Zathras. Then, Zathras was Baldrick, and Solifuge was Edmund.

I don't know what was going on with Vector and Toaster's chat.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2010, 05:09:56 pm »

In case our Mason Chat is tough to understand (we swapped Aliases a lot):

Zathras posted as Edmund. I randomly posted as Zathras, not realizing he was my Masonbuddy. Then Zathras switched to Zathras, and me to Edmund. Then Zathras became Baldrick. Should be self-explainatory from there on out.

Ninja'd

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2010, 05:11:04 pm »

Wow, the other mason chat was BOOOOORING! You guys suck. And Vector, I bet my left testicle that was you posing as me posing as you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2010, 05:11:28 pm »

I was going to say just the same. Or just posing as ANYONE posing as her.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2010, 05:12:16 pm »

Yes, that was me posing as you posing as me.

We didn't work together because, simply speaking, I was too paranoid.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2010, 05:13:03 pm »

Also, GG, the colours then meant nothing? Blue Toaster, Red Vector, it was all a red herring? I really thought there was some meaning hidden there!

Also, I was a bit disappointed to see all flavour being ineffectual... except for the oh so fun medal.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2010, 05:15:10 pm »

Oddly enough, I figured out that we were all scum D1 due to meta, but then I had no idea what to do with it ._.;;

And I figured that Web would be the only winner if he did the "world police" thing, because he would be capable of winning--and as such all the rest of us would lose.  Hence, I ate him.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:28 pm »

Run another one :I

Funny you should say this, as I happen to have two more already plotted out.

But I don't think I'll do it right away.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2010, 05:19:22 pm »

Yeah, that was why we didn't want Webadict back. I thought our victory conditions were exclusive, and planned to betray Zathras the whole time. Even at the end, since I didn't think it would work... but I misjudged his trust of me, I guess. He was too loyal to kill me on his own, and only did when forced.

I'm a right ruddy bastard, I am.

Post 100 was the start of the best part of the chat.

All out plans fell to shit. Zathras had bailed on me and tried to backstab me, revealed his hand and so on... I had to cover his ass somehow if I was to have a chance to beat you and Toaster, and I also had to keep him from giving up that I was Scum. Then, we got Toaster and Vector killed, and I accidentally revived Vector after blowing her up:

Quote from: Solifuge #124
...Damn you and your flavor text!

Giving her that Medal was supposed to be a snarky way of saying, after the fact, that "yes I got your anonymous PM via Leafsnail, but now you're too dead for it to matter. :3" Instead, I friggin' brought Vector the Angry Zombie Werewolf back.

Oh god. This is so terrible, it's awesome!
Quote from: Zathras #128
Sue, sure, it seems that we have to win this together... so, do you think the small remains of the medal resurrected Vector?

and yes, I did kill last night, according to my PM. As did you, but they're both alive again.

Also, the PM was from me, you jackass. 8-P
Quote from: Solifuge #130
Zathras, you res'd Vector! It was your flavor, and your ruddy PM! You made me do it!

AUUUUGH! We are best Scumteam Evar! WHERE DOING THIS MAN! WHERE MAKING THIS HAPPEN!

Vector has been ressurected.

Spoiler: Denial (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bargaining (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Depression (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acceptance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:22:02 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21