Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 7  (Read 40528 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 4
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2010, 02:15:27 pm »

I do wonder... in this crazy outlaw caper of ours, who was the Bonnie, and who was the Clyde?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2010, 03:21:32 pm »

The hammer falls! Vector has been lynched!
Vector is dead.
It is now night.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2010, 03:43:24 pm »

Solifuge rummages around for the Shiny Medal, if anything yet remains of it. Recovering it from Vector's cairn, under which Vector's freshly re-killed corpse is hastily stuffed, he takes it and turns it over in his hands. What once was polished and new has become worn, cracked, pitted, and broken from its frequent resurrections. With a last glance, he tosses it into the pool of water where the body of the Sodden Sparklebroad still lay, colors still glowing and shimmering like a big, gangly cuttlefish.

If he was to win this damned game and claim his reward, he needed the moderator to be alive to pronounce the winners, and the ending flavor. There would be fanfare, even if it was the last thing he did.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »

Pfffft.

Vector is not a cheerful Vector >:I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 3
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2010, 03:47:58 pm »

I beat you to the cairn, bub...

Zathras searches the little cairn of rocks where Vector's corpse once laid... and finds a shiny medal! He recognises it, and decides he was a fool for parting with it. He keeps it, pins it to his chest, and vows never to take it off.

But yeah, I agree with the sentiment.

Zathras does, after all, take the medal off his chest, sensing that resolution was at hand and he would no longer need it, and throws it into the lake, hoping that the Watery Tart would at last acknowledge the valiant efforts of those remaining in this nightmarishly place.
Wow, how's that for a run-on sentence?

So, Soli, how 'bout that local sports team?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2010, 03:49:54 pm »

Pfffft.

Vector is not a cheerful Vector >:I

I killed you once, and also accidentally brought you back. I have every right to kill you again. <.<

I beat you to the cairn, bub...
Nuts... a Victory. Do you has it?!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2010, 03:51:23 pm »

Well, tonight I discover what your REAL role is, Zathras. Though I think I already know it... but seriously I got nothing. Are we ending the night yet, Scum-Semibuddy?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2010, 03:55:41 pm »

It is now day.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GG's Quick Bastard, Redux - Ressurection++ INTENSE STEEL - Day 5
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2010, 03:58:44 pm »

Solifuge, and day end.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2010, 04:00:14 pm »

HAHAHAhahah!

GryphGlyph, you sadistic bastard.

Soli, GG doesn't want us to have a shared victory. You will not believe the crap he just pulled for last night.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2010, 04:07:13 pm »

No, Zathras! Don't listen to GG! That sodden, shimmering slut is trying to seduce you from me!

We have to solve the puzzle! Our win condition is that no one can win, so...

Lynch Quick Bastard Redux
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:08:54 pm by Solifuge »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2010, 04:16:13 pm »

Since we can quote the mod, and it's only us chickens now, I will tell you of this hilarious thing that happened on our way to the victory celebration last night...

Remember that I don't know whether you spent your landmine or not. Here's the conversation:

If you were wondering why the game is still going, there's a couple of reasons. For example, your filch ability might well allow you to steal an ability that allows you to kill.

If you want a shared victory, you'll have to use up the filch first. The game ends when its not possible for another person to be the only victor. And S+M still requires you to target the player.

Quote from: Zathras
Riiiight... so Soli has a filchable action that can kill, and both filch and S&M (heh) require me to target him. The only killing thing I know him to have (the landmine) would kill me if I target him. You're not leaving me much room to manoeuvre, yes?

GG QB - N4 action: Filch Webadict

If for some reason filching a corpse doesn't work, then:

GG QB - N4 action: Filch Zathras

...and now, drumroll please, his reply, with the result of my night action:

You have stolen the ability Sleuth Diplomacy

Sleuth Diplomacy: You can night kill other players.

GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

This means that we are either trapped in a cycle of No lynch, !noaction forever, or we play "guess a number" with our limited remaining actions until I kill you when you're not haxing, or, if you still have the landmine, I explode myself on it.

He DOESN'T WANT a shared victory. BASTARD, indeed.

Your plan is a good one, let's hope it works!

Lynch Quick Bastard Redux

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2010, 04:18:51 pm »

This is awkward.

EDIT: Actually, I got these as quotes. Now, technically these people couldn't say anything in the thread, so they instead decided to PM me these messages. All at the same time too! It was awesome. The rules don't say anything about not being able to Vote, just voting by posting in the thread!

Solifuge roots around in the bushes for Webadict's corpse. It's been pretty heavily gnawed on, but it was mostly intact. Picking him up and holding his limbs like a marionette he began to puppet the body, limp and a bit ripe now that rigor mortis had passed. He started to ventriloquate for the body, in a high and grating falsetto:
I hate you all. You are huge idiots for not having seen all the things I saw, and I am innately your superior. I just came back here because I have ALL the knowledge. All of it. You guys didn't want my advice when it was available, but I'm going to win this for you now. Lynch Quick Bastard Redux

Then, dropping the corpse, he dragged Toaster's corpse over to the same area, picking him up in much the same way:
Whatever you guys say. I don't really care at this point. Lynch Quick Bastard Redux.

Finally, he rummaged around in the Cairn, raising Vector's hand from under the jumbled pile of rocks:
I inexplicably agree, though I have no reason to do this whatsoever. Lynch Quick Bastard Redux.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:28:10 pm by Solifuge »

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2010, 04:27:11 pm »

That was hilarious, that image of wuba's rotten corpse as a ventriloquist puppet is one I'll take to my grave!

You forgot to add "end day". Hopefully we hammer the crap out of the game.

Lynch Quick Bastard Redux. End day.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2010, 04:27:37 pm »

The day ends. You fail to lynch Quick Bastard Redux, as he is not playing this game.
It is now night
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21