Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10973 10974 [10975] 10976 10977 ... 10992

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13506854 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164610 on: March 30, 2024, 04:35:51 am »

I've found that Youtube is good for pirating music especially sense bands started having official channels for their music, and if you're lucky you can find TV shows and movies on there but that's a bit harder to come by.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164611 on: April 02, 2024, 07:12:28 pm »

After a few years I'm not anywhere near top at my workplace, but I'm no longer completely at the bottom.

Someone lower on the totem pole is an assistant, who I covered for repeatedly (like saved their butt covered). And they took a week off for a vacation, again, even though it left everyone kind of screwed. They do this often, and I don't understand how they get away with it. I don't get to take days off, cause if I do shit just falls apart and I know I'll somehow get yelled at. Then if I can't somehow save the day, we're screwed. My supervisor knows this and has said it in writing many times. My supervisor wants this guy off our group but there's slim choice as the higher ups (same ones who scream if their insane deadlines are not met) won't hire anyone and we've been in a hiring freeze for years. No alternative choice to replace this guy with.

My supervisor hates this person who actually told me to cover their phone calls and when they came back said, "I hope (name) did not call all of these people back unless it was an emergency."

You cover phones and return calls.... WTF is this person thinking? If someone leaves you a voicemail at work you ... have to call them back or something, right? You can't just be like not caring and blow them off. It is your job. This person is in their 30s. I have repeatedly covered for him/not gotten him slapped and done his job before. I have to clean up after this guy. He halfheartedly says thanks for covering for him, then he just says "Now you know what I go through." WTF? I did the job he says he does but does not....

This guy has absolutely no clue and I can't defend him anymore. I only did cause I generally don't like people getting slapped. Same guy has hung me out to dry now. I showed supervisor this email and he said I should demand this jerk's pay for the week I covered for him.

I just don't get it. Why the hell would someone be that much of a jerk to someone who covered for them so they could take a vacation. This guy does not work hard. I work my ass off. They can't fire this moron and if they did, they will not hire anyone to replace him or anyone new at all. Supervisor said not to cover for him again and tell him to have someone else do it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164612 on: April 02, 2024, 09:29:05 pm »

Just because you have to cover for someone, doesn't mean you have to cover for them well. No reason to do somebody else's job well.

Hopefully you can move on to something better eventually.

At least you made me feel better about my job.  :D
It's hell, but at least we can bring in new people.  We kinda have to with the high turnover.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #164613 on: April 03, 2024, 02:43:00 am »

Yeah, by covering for him and not half-assing it you just encourage the shitbag to abuse your goodwill and work ethic. As someone who's recently been moved into a supervisory role it's kinda rough when you have to resist the urge of just doing something properly when you see someone half-assing it, but you know the moment you start doing that the bastards will have zero incentive to ever start doing the work properly because they'll learn that you'll just cover for them.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164614 on: April 03, 2024, 09:45:34 am »

This is very much an angry WTF, but where I'm at in the UK is trialling a new neurodivergency self-referral service. The whole thing was a bit confusing at the end because it doesn't say whether or not you're being referred, so I had to talk to the doctor about it.

You get referred only if you're basically non-functional. You don't get referred for autism, you don't get referred for ADHD, you don't get referred for dyspraxia/calculia/lexia, you get referred if you have multiple of them. Otherwise the response is "Well, here's some resources. You want treatment, go private."

So it's possible, if not downright likely, I have ADHD, but I'm not able to get any treatment for it on public healthcare for reasons I assume to be that they've decided they don't have the resources so we can go hang.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164615 on: April 03, 2024, 10:31:00 am »

The president of Botswana has threatened to send 20 thousand elephants to Germany.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 10:32:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164616 on: April 03, 2024, 10:32:52 am »

Ha, joke's on him. I'd love elephants in my back field.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164617 on: April 03, 2024, 11:02:07 am »

Focus on the short term:  Sending any elephants to Europe.  Africans have a terrible record using elephants in europe
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164618 on: April 04, 2024, 04:13:52 pm »

...considering how critically endangered they are as a species Africa-wide, I'm curious how they're planning on even managing to assemble 20,000 of them at once.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164619 on: April 04, 2024, 04:20:01 pm »

...considering how critically endangered they are as a species Africa-wide, I'm curious how they're planning on even managing to assemble 20,000 of them at once.

Botswana has had trouble literally trying to give elephants away to their neighbours.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #164620 on: April 04, 2024, 04:24:10 pm »

It's possible. Botswana has about 130,000 of the blighters, and has already shipped 8000 to a neighbouring country as a means of keeping numbers down.

As an aside, the Wildlife Minister also threatened to send 10,000 to Hyde Park.

It really does appear to be elephants all the way down.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164621 on: April 04, 2024, 06:12:38 pm »

If elephants had developed opposable thumbs Elephant Germany would be receiving 20000 humans.

Your reminder to always stay on your toes.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164622 on: April 04, 2024, 06:19:50 pm »

If elephants had developed opposable thumbs Elephant Germany would be receiving 20000 humans.

"What do we do with this many apes?!"
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164623 on: April 04, 2024, 06:26:40 pm »

"What do we do with this many apes?!"

Botswana had considered putting elephants in dog food so… possibly best not to think about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164624 on: April 04, 2024, 07:29:56 pm »

What I'm confused about here is the nuisance that elephants pose. I mean, I know if they get into your booze stockpile they can enact a drunken rampage but surely you can just keep them away from the hard liquor somehow. And I thought they tend to leave humans alone too. Do they just walk on houses for fun or something?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 10973 10974 [10975] 10976 10977 ... 10992