Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10891 10892 [10893] 10894 10895 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14575234 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163380 on: August 14, 2023, 04:49:20 am »

I admit to having installed the killable children mods, because it just felt wrong to have a dragon flame a village street, killing everybody but the children. I don't remember which village that happened in, but it was really jarring.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #163381 on: August 14, 2023, 04:51:52 am »

Wait what? I thought comments didn't make it into the final program. If I had to pad a program like that, I would make a function that when called will print said book(s) on screen, then offer no option to call said function.
Well, it's an anecdote.  :P
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163382 on: August 14, 2023, 05:01:46 am »

I admit to having installed the killable children mods, because it just felt wrong to have a dragon flame a village street, killing everybody but the children. I don't remember which village that happened in, but it was really jarring.
Riverwood? I remember having an issue where dragons would keep attacking Riverwood, possibly because I lived near it.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #163383 on: August 14, 2023, 08:26:56 am »

WTF was not the function, but size of the mod in question. And "commented by best writers" was a reference to an anecdote, where some buffoon requeted program to be no less than certain size, and programmist has put in a bunch of classic books as comments to fill it up.
Do you have an original source for that, I want to read it.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163384 on: August 14, 2023, 08:37:30 am »

If I had to take a guess, the expansions and all combinations of them all have their own versions bundled in, and the specific ones, like hearthfire, probably have additional protections written into them that have to be overwritten
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163385 on: August 14, 2023, 08:42:19 am »

Riverwood? I remember having an issue where dragons would keep attacking Riverwood, possibly because I lived near it.
One of the hilarious things I remember with the botched Warcraft III update Blizard Activision did with reforged, was they made all the children unkillable. But they didn't bother playtesting the missions because some of the old undead missions require you to isolate and kill entire peasant hamlets, not allowing a single peasant to escape. If a peasant escapes, they'll alert the military and you'll get rushed by a billion knights before you're ready to deal with them. Because the children are invincible you can do nothing but watch as the indestructible orphans walk over to the knights

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163386 on: August 14, 2023, 03:22:52 pm »

Morthal is the place I usually get attacked by dragons when visiting. Worst hold capitol. But hey, one of the kids is already dead, so the dragon has less work to do.

But this is why that mod that makes everyone run inside during dragon attacks is so great.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163387 on: August 14, 2023, 03:59:18 pm »

Nothing like going for a walk and stumbling across 5 town guards putting down a low level dragon.

Thats just Tuesday in Skyrim
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163388 on: August 14, 2023, 06:03:10 pm »

Morthal is the place I usually get attacked by dragons when visiting. Worst hold capitol. But hey, one of the kids is already dead, so the dragon has less work to do.

But this is why that mod that makes everyone run inside during dragon attacks is so great.

Whoever invented fireproof wood fir their houses was an absolute genius
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163389 on: August 14, 2023, 06:41:05 pm »

My wife just said "hey that salsa that was sitting on the counter had a bunch of fuzz on it."

I had already finished my dinner... which contained of a significant amount of said salsa.   :o
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163390 on: August 14, 2023, 06:52:00 pm »

Welcome to sporeland, population +1.

Nah, you'll probably be fine. Mold generally isn't actually that dangerous to eat, from what I understand, for all that there's a lot of cultural avoidance of it in the world.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #163391 on: August 14, 2023, 06:55:49 pm »

Apparently the fires in Maui were from a laser from space or whatever nonsense the conspiracy theorists want you to believe the proponents of climate change are doing.

You’ve got climate protesters throwing yellow powder on cricket pitches in the UK, and using (presumably cocking expensive) SpAcE WeApOnS in the US.

I’d like to be a fly on the wall when a conspiracy theorists neurons start firing and they actually think about the shit they’re saying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163392 on: August 14, 2023, 07:15:10 pm »

Eh, to understand conspiracy theories, just watch some of the flat earther stuff.  Some of the people are clearly on controlled substances. The others are... well I don't even know, maybe just jumping on a bandwagon for attention?  For instance, there is a guy who thinks the fact that when you see the moon during the day, the part that isn't lit should be black, so the fact that it's sky-colored is evidence that the moon is closer than the sky.

To borrow Babbage again: "I cannot comprehend the confusion of ideas which would provoke" such a statement.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163393 on: August 15, 2023, 04:07:31 am »

Constantly having trouble with the skyrim creation kit, and traps, triggers, ambushes, door bars, etc.

Its just a never ending stream of "why doesn't this work? I did it exactly the same way the devs did it and their traps work!"

The prefabs from the warehouse? 99% chance they just straight up don't work. Theyre supposed to be copy-paste into your build. Nope.

I have never been able to add working weapon racks/mounts, like you see in all the vanilla homes. They just straight up don't work if I set them up, according to the tutorial or copying the prefabs or setting them up directly the way theyre built in vanilla. It just doesnt work.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163394 on: August 15, 2023, 04:09:43 am »

No, the phrase is "it justs works"
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10891 10892 [10893] 10894 10895 ... 11041