Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10890 10891 [10892] 10893 10894 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14575602 times)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163365 on: August 09, 2023, 07:59:58 pm »

... didn't I see comment elsewhere you were working library, too, FD? I mostly manage to avoid dealing with the actual public these days, but... still. I can only imagine what used to be behind that post :V
Multiple OD’d addicts, basically.
One opioid/fent OD at ~9:30 AM, two more simultaneously at ~11:00 AM, screaming methhead locked in a bathroom spraying blood all over because they fucked up their arm from ~11:40 AM - 12:50 PM (the screaming started well before they cut themselves up) followed by fighting with police from ~12:50 - 1:00 PM, then another one making half-assed attempts to carjack people in the parking lot at ~1:30 PM who ran off before police arrived.

Man, I hadn't touched liquor for a couple months either, but today I needed something.
jesus christ
you’ll be alright, right?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163366 on: August 10, 2023, 06:24:51 am »

Just saw an MMA fight that was just... brutal. Not nasty, I've seen some horrendous results from MMA (Such as shins that snap so badly during a kick that when it makes contact it wraps around the person), but this one just made me feel bad. Guy got whacked in the face and couldn't defend himself after that, and it was just a constant smacking sound as he sat there getting the shit punched out of him and his face got bloodier and bloodier.

I don't watch MMA much at all, but even I could tell it should have been called earlier.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163367 on: August 10, 2023, 11:03:09 pm »

But they paid him for THREE (3) whole minutes!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #163368 on: August 11, 2023, 09:18:50 am »

I've seen some horrendous results from MMA (Such as shins that snap so badly during a kick that when it makes contact it wraps around the person)
I think I can name this one!
Silva breaking his leg on Weidman in the second fight!
And then Weidman broke his leg in almost the same exact way years later!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163369 on: August 11, 2023, 11:27:34 am »

Not really a WTF because nothing NK surprises anymore.

Now that the tropical storm Khanun has reached North Korea, state media do their best to make the citizens of North Korea be aware of their duty during the calamity:

Protecting pictures, paintings, mosaics and sculptures of the Great Leader, his father, and his grandfather has top priority.

In every public space in NK there is a portrait of the Glorious Leader, who is revered as a god.
The pictures are subject to strict laws: A wall that contains a picture of the Glorious Leader or his ancestors, may not contain any other picture.
Taking a picture of a picture of the Glorious Leader hanging on a wall, while it not hanging perfectly straight, is a punishable offense.
Spaces that contain a wall that has a picture of the Glorious Leader or his ancestors need to have a 'solemn atmosphere'.
On hot days, some state companies even treat their picture with fans.

Newly wed couples are gifted a special set of pictures of the Glorious Leader and his ancestors. Housewives are obliged to dust off the pictures at least twice a week. Not dusting of the pictures is a punishabe offense.
Accidentally folding or staining a picture of the Glorious Leader, for example in a newspaper, is a punishable offense.
Letting a newspaper with a picture of the Glorious Leader get wet in the coming storm and floods is ofcourse an even worse offense.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163370 on: August 11, 2023, 12:02:06 pm »

I've seen some horrendous results from MMA (Such as shins that snap so badly during a kick that when it makes contact it wraps around the person)
I think I can name this one!
Silva breaking his leg on Weidman in the second fight!
And then Weidman broke his leg in almost the same exact way years later!

I've seen a few, that's probably among them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163371 on: August 11, 2023, 06:58:06 pm »

babble
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 01:26:27 am by dragdeler »
let

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #163372 on: August 11, 2023, 08:46:47 pm »

Okay, so my phone has a built-in universal remote app. This is useful because there are heaps of electronics I come across without a remote (the air con in an apartment, for example). I use a TV as my computer monitor and my kid pressed some of the buttons and accidentally took it to a 'channel' which cannot be navigated out of with the 5 buttons on the device itself.

No biggie, I boot up the rarely used remote app and it has now /removed all functionality/. It can only connect to Xiaomi devices now, all smarthome stuff. Why would they do this?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163373 on: August 12, 2023, 04:11:06 am »

That seems to be how a lot of app updates go, starts off really good then as it updates turns into complete shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #163374 on: August 13, 2023, 07:14:01 pm »

Stumbled on yet another killable children mod for Skyrim, now in a shape of a SKSE plugin. And... why on earth does it weigh 20 megabytes?  :o Was it "commented by best writers"?
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163375 on: August 13, 2023, 09:04:35 pm »

But this one lets you kill the ones you adopt, if the name means anything

IDK if the one I was familiar with let you kill the lovable orphans you adopt.

Skyrim is a game about a sociopath chopping shooting and fireballing his way through their problems.  The mod brings a bit more of a serial killer vibe.  Take an downtrodden kid home, give them room, board, an education and a nanny,  and then one day do This for no reason other than you can
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 09:07:12 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #163376 on: August 13, 2023, 11:35:39 pm »

WTF was not the function, but size of the mod in question. And "commented by best writers" was a reference to an anecdote, where some buffoon requeted program to be no less than certain size, and programmist has put in a bunch of classic books as comments to fill it up.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163377 on: August 14, 2023, 02:57:04 am »

Wait what? I thought comments didn't make it into the final program. If I had to pad a program like that, I would make a function that when called will print said book(s) on screen, then offer no option to call said function.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163378 on: August 14, 2023, 04:01:20 am »

But this one lets you kill the ones you adopt, if the name means anything

IDK if the one I was familiar with let you kill the lovable orphans you adopt.

Skyrim is a game about a sociopath chopping shooting and fireballing his way through their problems.  The mod brings a bit more of a serial killer vibe.  Take an downtrodden kid home, give them room, board, an education and a nanny,  and then one day do This for no reason other than you can

It's not mass murder if you reload
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163379 on: August 14, 2023, 04:24:04 am »

No one can accuse you of murder if there's no one alive to a accuse you.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10890 10891 [10892] 10893 10894 ... 11041