Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10866 10867 [10868] 10869 10870 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569570 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #163005 on: June 18, 2023, 08:20:37 am »

Nice?

Personally, I was fairly placid in high school. One wee runt took it as an invitation to call me names for a month or so. Until I lifted him bodily up a wall and told him I'd kill him if he kept it up.

So he stopped  ;)

((I'm well aware it was an over-reaction, and a cautionary tale on repressing anger over a long period of time.))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163006 on: June 18, 2023, 08:30:52 am »

... I think today is the first time in my life I've been in a house with a tin roof when it's hailing. It's definitely a new sort of noise for me, heh.
I grew up with that sound so I'm nostalgic for it, but it's certainly a lot huh?  I never really considered how it'd probably bother someone who didn't associate it with comfort.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163007 on: June 18, 2023, 10:15:07 am »

Eh, it didn't bother me, exactly, at least once I figured out what the blazes was going on. It's not a bad sound in and of itself, just something I can't recall ever encountering before.

Wound the dog up into a terrified barking mess for a bit, though, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163008 on: June 18, 2023, 10:20:25 am »

is it like a downpour?  A real one?

P:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WruKVGNp_sE
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163009 on: June 18, 2023, 10:24:46 am »

Oh you know what, Frumple said hail and I heard rain. We did get hail too occasionally and that didn't bother me either though. Kinda scary in a car but fine at home.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163010 on: June 18, 2023, 10:38:33 am »

is it like a downpour?  A real one?

P:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WruKVGNp_sE
Yeah, it was pretty close to that. Didn't last nearly that long, though, heh.

But yeah, it never snows in florida anymore, save maybe the absolute furthest north bits, but you do, very rarely, get hail further down than that. This house has had a tin roof since late 2018/early 2019 (after michael fucked up the old shingle roof), and this is the first time I've seen hail here since before that point. Basically a once or twice a decade thing where I'm at, it's happened before but I'm pretty sure if I could actually remember all the times it's happened in my lifetime I wouldn't run out of fingers counting them.
Ask not!
Ask!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163011 on: June 19, 2023, 02:49:24 am »

Reminds me of the noise the roof of a bus makes when hail hits it, and also a funny story. So one day on the way home from school we had a sudden hail storm that was bad enough the bus had to pull over on the side of the road, and for some reason one of the high schoolers decided that it would be a good idea for her to stick her head out the window while the massive hail storm was pelting us, and who'd have guess that she'd be smashed in the face with a hail stone then she acted all surprised that it happened, and it's like what the fuck did she expect to happen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #163012 on: June 19, 2023, 02:11:13 pm »

high schooler

expect to happen.
Yeah, those things don't actually connect pretty often, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163013 on: June 19, 2023, 03:51:50 pm »

I tell an employee on Friday they can no longer work from home because they're being dishonest and clocking in as they wake up and taking 45 minutes before they actually start doing any work.

Their response? Fabricate an excuse the very next Monday to work from home that is clearly a lie.

I've never had to fire someone before but I guess this will be my first. How the fuck do you hear that on a Friday and Monday your first response is "I'm going to work from home." I know was not ambiguous with what I said.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163014 on: June 19, 2023, 04:52:24 pm »

taking 45 minutes before they actually start doing any work.
Everyone knows this is only acceptable in the office!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #163015 on: June 19, 2023, 05:40:41 pm »

My girlfriend is unwell on some days and busy on the others. This leads to me doing much of the housework. I asked her to pick up her clothes, which lead to an anxious meltdown and the questioning as to whether or not we're really actually doing okay since I do much of the housework and she's asking me to do things all the time.

She's currently baking a cake to work through her anxiety and the tiny teacup yorkie she's petsitting is squeaking at me. She bought a coat rack to repaint while I was at the thrift store looking for a coffeemaker as we were having this discussion. The dishwasher was done and some stuff tidied up downstairs in a reactive swing towards the chores while the cake bakes.

I feel a little like I have to not want to criticize and remain chipper (maintain my emotional state for her sake) and not ask her to clean up after herself or leave half-finished projects strewn about so as not to be controlling, but things get problematic when I don't want to go do something or have trips sprung on me.

Fuck, I had to agree to sign the loan on the van instead of paying my half outright because I have savings and she has debt and she wanted the van to be an equalizer between us. She insisted it's to build good credit and 'not wanting debt' was not acceptable reason enough for her.

Past traumas are a bitch, huh?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163016 on: June 19, 2023, 05:58:03 pm »

Are you getting more from the relationship than you're putting in?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163017 on: June 19, 2023, 06:38:41 pm »

I'm not sure that's the right question to ask - I think a better question is: "Is this relationship mutually beneficial to both of us, helping us both be the best versions of ourselves and be able to do, together, things we can't do separately?"
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #163018 on: June 19, 2023, 06:46:12 pm »

My girlfriend is unwell on some days and busy on the others. This leads to me doing much of the housework. I asked her to pick up her clothes, which lead to an anxious meltdown and the questioning as to whether or not we're really actually doing okay since I do much of the housework and she's asking me to do things all the time.

She's currently baking a cake to work through her anxiety and the tiny teacup yorkie she's petsitting is squeaking at me. She bought a coat rack to repaint while I was at the thrift store looking for a coffeemaker as we were having this discussion. The dishwasher was done and some stuff tidied up downstairs in a reactive swing towards the chores while the cake bakes.

I feel a little like I have to not want to criticize and remain chipper (maintain my emotional state for her sake) and not ask her to clean up after herself or leave half-finished projects strewn about so as not to be controlling, but things get problematic when I don't want to go do something or have trips sprung on me.

Fuck, I had to agree to sign the loan on the van instead of paying my half outright because I have savings and she has debt and she wanted the van to be an equalizer between us. She insisted it's to build good credit and 'not wanting debt' was not acceptable reason enough for her.

Past traumas are a bitch, huh?

Spoiler: Unsolicited Advice (click to show/hide)

Good luck. Having been down the rabbit hole on relationships so many times in the last ~year, I can empathize with the emotional stress and energy it involves.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:04:35 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #163019 on: June 20, 2023, 12:50:48 pm »

I believe this relationship has come up before? Or someone else on Bay12 is having an incredibly similar experience.

Anyway. She's basically left her toys scattered around the house and isn't picking anything up, and apparently a tantrum ('meltdown') is a very real prospect if you bring that up with her.

Judging from your post (and with zero other context/knowledge), that sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship. It's a bad sign when you find yourself veering away from 'equal partner' and towards 'parent/child' styles of attachment.

Edit: I just read through nenjin's post. That's some solid advice; listen to it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 12:56:28 pm by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10866 10867 [10868] 10869 10870 ... 11040