Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10828 10829 [10830] 10831 10832 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569551 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162435 on: April 12, 2023, 03:58:18 am »

I think you have zero idea about how journalism works in the Netherlands. Volkskrant is a respected newspaper. It's redaction backs the journalist's story. They wouldn't have printed it if they were in doubt.
Eh, I remember at least a couple articles you posted from that newspaper, which had tabloid-grade correspondence with facts.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162436 on: April 12, 2023, 09:07:22 pm »

Now I'm afraid to click the video, what's on it?
Corrupt rich fucks trying to silence youtuber, going as far as firebombing his home, not to mention the lawsuits.
Well, nothing provable. However, the guy's been engaged in an ongoing media/super suspicious legal war with an Australian politician/businessman who has had a couple of jobs in places with links to organised crime.

And his house got firebombed.

Twice.

So nothing provable but an awful lot of eyebrow wiggling, pointing, and mouthing "over there!"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162437 on: April 12, 2023, 09:08:57 pm »

lmao Twitter just broke.  Can't reply to anything.  People say to "schedule tweets".  How do you fuck up a platform this bad, oh right you fire everyone and then make changes without testing.

Edit: It's back
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:32:27 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162438 on: April 13, 2023, 01:08:37 am »

I really hope Musk manages to destroy Twitter, at least he'll be doing some good for the world then finally.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162439 on: April 13, 2023, 02:44:36 am »

I to hope he manages to break it as I feel the world is better off with less of that kind of crap.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162440 on: April 13, 2023, 08:52:20 am »

I really hope Musk manages to destroy Twitter, at least he'll be doing some good for the world then finally.

Apparently, he's absorbed it into Space X.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2023/04/11/twitter-inc-no-longer-exists-as-elon-musk-inches-closer-to-x-everything-app-ambitions/

...I feel stupid for not seeing this coming. It was inevitable.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162441 on: April 13, 2023, 09:53:02 am »

"x the everything app"?

x
the
everything
app

why not let children draw helicopter rotors on cars and present that to investors?!

let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162442 on: April 13, 2023, 10:06:09 am »

He wants a Super App, but doesnt want to be called a copycat for doing what Chinese apps already do
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162443 on: April 13, 2023, 12:21:11 pm »

That big explosion and fire in Texas at Southfork Dairy Farms on Monday night, it did involved the barns. Killed 18,000 cows

Apparently that's not a typo... eighteen thousand cows in a single barn complex!?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162444 on: April 13, 2023, 12:22:10 pm »

Yeah. Battery farms pack them tight. Like sardines.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162445 on: April 13, 2023, 03:27:27 pm »

Quote from: A job ad
Junior Strategy Consultant (all genders)

Since when is it even legal to include a gender restriction in a job posting? Why would you even post it that way?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162446 on: April 13, 2023, 06:01:19 pm »

It's legal when there's some specific need for one, iirc (e.g. actors, certain doctors, some models, etc.). Generally it's not, but there's exceptions.

So far as posting it that way goes, it's probably trying to get folks with an eye for inclusivity or whatev' -- it's not a terrible filter to use to catch folks that'd get pissy over a company noting they're fine with enby folks or something, as they're probably either going to avoid the posting or act like an ass about it.

Frankly, even though it's explicitly noting it'll consider anyone, it probably tilts their applicants towards female or gender nonconforming folks just due to common biases in most societies... which may be the point.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #162447 on: April 13, 2023, 06:06:25 pm »

Basically any protection can be waived if there's a legitimate workplace need, or if there's no possible Reasonable Accommodation.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162448 on: April 14, 2023, 04:35:03 pm »

It's one of those things I've kvetched about before, but sometimes it just... there's really stark examples. Recently noticed a new-ish type of bread they're selling ("keto-friendly" nonsense, but like the organic nonsense for some other stuff I buy, that crap isn't the point of why I get it) that has significantly less (~70 mg per slice vs ~110 for 1 in standard bread, with slice size and whatnot about even) salt in it but still tastes fine (There's actually outright near saltless bread I've found, but beyond storage issues it tastes just kinda' foul), and, like.

It's about twice the price of the cheap wheat bread around here. Twice the price, just to get something with ~half the salt.

I get why it happens (less demand, so less scale benefit, fancy horseshit=price gouging, etc.), but it's still a WTF every time for price to go up as material amount goes down. There's a part of me that's persistently insistent it's bullshit to pay more to get less of something :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162449 on: April 14, 2023, 04:46:17 pm »

If the expensive fancy bread has the same weight/mass as the cheap bread but has less salt, you are not actually paying more for less sad to say. In order to have the same mass of bread with less salt, other (presumably more expensive) ingredients have to be added to make up the difference. Remember you're paying for a finished product, not a single ingredient.

Does that justify costing twice as much? No, probably not unless they're adding gold leaf or saffron or whatever. Fancy horseshit will always be fancy horseshit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10828 10829 [10830] 10831 10832 ... 11040