Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10790 10791 [10792] 10793 10794 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14574148 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161865 on: February 08, 2023, 07:29:27 am »

I know some recovering cocaine addicts who would be extremely displeased with you for that joke.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161866 on: February 08, 2023, 07:59:35 am »

It's... more serious than it probably should be, tbh. Sugar really is remarkably addicting, and for what it's worth kills a lot more people than cocaine does :-\

E: Like, some of the research done on it has apparently been finding sugar is literally as addictive as cocaine, at least under certain circumstances or with certain species. They have a similar addiction profile in terms of what parts of the brain they hit, there's other stuff going on there, too... cocaine hits a lot harder in certain ways, especially on the short term and in terms of withdrawal symptoms, but it's no joke that sugar really does seem to have a pretty serious addiction aspect. There's a reason overconsumption of sugar is both a thing and manages to be one of the deadliest consumption issues our species is currently facing, outpacing the effects of narcotics by like an order of magnitude or two.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:06:57 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161867 on: February 08, 2023, 09:41:56 am »

I heard about people putting meth in coke, or are you taking about some other drug and coke mixture?

Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes Indian, and crystal methamphetamine.

The Gin & Sonic.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #161868 on: February 08, 2023, 10:41:27 am »

I heard about people putting meth in coke, or are you taking about some other drug and coke mixture?

Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes Indian, and crystal methamphetamine.

The Gin & Sonic.

i think my liver just sprayed rings everywhere when i read that

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #161869 on: February 08, 2023, 12:37:28 pm »

With the name I'd have expected speed or cocaine actually.

I'd call it drunk dentistry. Because their teeth will fall out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161870 on: February 08, 2023, 05:24:28 pm »

Might be another scam email, but it looks like someone used one of my email addresses to rent a car in another country.

Time to change every account password I have.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 05:31:43 pm by BlackFlyme »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161871 on: February 08, 2023, 07:51:12 pm »

It's... more serious than it probably should be, tbh. Sugar really is remarkably addicting, and for what it's worth kills a lot more people than cocaine does :-\

E: Like, some of the research done on it has apparently been finding sugar is literally as addictive as cocaine, at least under certain circumstances or with certain species. They have a similar addiction profile in terms of what parts of the brain they hit, there's other stuff going on there, too... cocaine hits a lot harder in certain ways, especially on the short term and in terms of withdrawal symptoms, but it's no joke that sugar really does seem to have a pretty serious addiction aspect. There's a reason overconsumption of sugar is both a thing and manages to be one of the deadliest consumption issues our species is currently facing, outpacing the effects of narcotics by like an order of magnitude or two.

If any of you have never watched the documentary Fed Up, about sugar, please do so.
https://watchdocumentaries.com/fed-up/

In a recent study, 43 cocaine addicted lab rats were given the choice of cocaine, or sugar water over a 15 day perdiod. 40 out of the 43 chose the sugar
(at about 35:30 in the documentary)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:36:37 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161872 on: February 12, 2023, 01:20:55 am »

Was looking at some old quotes from the American legal system (Don’t recommend, you’ll just be overwhelmed with constant miscarriages of Justice). Found this zinger uttered in defence of America’s old eugenics laws

The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes. Three generations of imbeciles are enough.

Clearly in the pandemic, we reaped what we sowed.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161873 on: February 13, 2023, 11:32:49 am »

Was looking at some old quotes from the American legal system (Don’t recommend, you’ll just be overwhelmed with constant miscarriages of Justice). Found this zinger uttered in defence of America’s old eugenics laws

The principle that sustains compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian tubes. Three generations of imbeciles are enough.

Clearly in the pandemic, we reaped what we sowed.
yeah eugenics is crazy stuff. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_v._Bell
Buck v. Bell is often cited as one of the worst Supreme Court rulings.
Sounds like a very dark event in US history.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161874 on: February 13, 2023, 12:39:41 pm »

But removing the cocaine seems like cheating, just think about how much more money they'd make from it if it was addicting.

Coke's original claim to fame wasn't being coca/cocaine in a beverage, but being a non-alcoholic cocaine beverage. Indeed, it was marketed as a temperance drink and was developed in part as an attempt to break a morphine addiction. (It does not seem like it was effective in that role.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161875 on: February 13, 2023, 04:36:38 pm »

Also the caffeine in its current recipe IS addictive. :p

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161876 on: February 13, 2023, 05:08:30 pm »

So's the sugar, for that matter :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #161877 on: February 14, 2023, 02:47:40 am »

John Wick is about as old as Revenge of the Sith was when John Wick came out.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161878 on: February 14, 2023, 03:12:21 am »

I don't see the point of a alcohol free cocaine drink, if I was gonna drink something like that I feel it should have drug in it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161879 on: February 14, 2023, 04:32:07 pm »

Some drunk asshole tried running us off the road about half an hour ago. Did some significant damage to our vehicle's rear end too. Nobody's hurt, and insurance should cover the damage. The guy wasn't even arrested, despite being visibly drunk.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 10790 10791 [10792] 10793 10794 ... 11041