Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10506 10507 [10508] 10509 10510 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14552117 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #157605 on: June 20, 2021, 01:53:08 am »

Damn farmers keeping the pig milk away from us!
*shakes fist*
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #157606 on: June 20, 2021, 08:24:07 am »

“Oh yeah, you can milk just about anything with nipples”
“I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?”

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #157607 on: June 20, 2021, 09:26:23 am »

I mean, yes? You could, assuming both things talking there were human. It's more difficult for males, but still possible.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157608 on: June 20, 2021, 01:26:36 pm »

More of a mild 'huh?' rather than a 'WTF?' but it turns out succulents are on the list of plants not to let pet snails eat. They're good for tortoises, but I guess snails are more vulnerable to the chemicals some of them contain.

Basil and parsley are good though, so I guess I'll be planting a live herb or two for my GALS to eat. Also spider plants, which is great because I have a line of them dating back over ten years now.

Come to think of it, it just struck me I've got two* plants from my biology class in high school which I've kept clones of for over ten years. That's weird to think about. My spider plants and jade plants are all actually really old. Older than my pets, older than my nephew, maybe even older than some of my cousins. Plants are weird.

*Might be three if some of my alligator plants babies are still around in amongst the bigger potted plants we have. That thing was impressively invasive when it came to spreading into other plant pots.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157609 on: June 20, 2021, 04:16:21 pm »

My fish assassinated another snail in their tank :I

I decided to leave the corpse behind just in case they would eat it (otherwise clean it out this morning). Nothing left when I woke up but an empty shell.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157610 on: June 20, 2021, 04:29:15 pm »

Got a haircut today... after about 2-3 years letting it grow. Normally would put it in the happy thread, but... first I didn't have enough cash to pay for it afterwards and they didn't take debit(this is why I, and everyone else should, insist on knowing the price of everything beforehand) and had to borrow it from my mom. The barber and his son were rather crass in their attitude, but friendly, although that might just be me expecting too-high a professional standard. He also missed spot or two. Then when I got home, my mom and stepdad tried to guilt-trip me about not keeping the removed hair, saying I could have donated it to some bald cancer patient(like they give two shits about that), as well as insisting I say "Happy Fathers' Day to my stepdad, who isn't and never will be.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #157611 on: June 20, 2021, 05:10:50 pm »

Ungh, they can grow their own 2-3 years' worth of hair, then. It's shitty they'll try to signal through you without committing any virtuous behavior of their own.

Missed spots aside, I bet it's nice to have that weight off your shoulders. I'm on like fifteen months' growth now (thanks pandemic) and it's just irritating as often as it is novel and an opportunity to express my own style.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157612 on: June 20, 2021, 05:36:26 pm »

Yeah. Having the weight off is good. I was also more annoyed with loose hairs getting into my eyes, or (hnng) my ears. Oh, and no matter how much I combed, it always looked like I just got out of bed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157613 on: June 20, 2021, 05:48:33 pm »

My fish assassinated another snail in their tank :I

I decided to leave the corpse behind just in case they would eat it (otherwise clean it out this morning). Nothing left when I woke up but an empty shell.

What kind of fish do you have? Some, especially most types of loach, love eating snails.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157614 on: June 21, 2021, 01:19:55 am »

Goldfish :/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #157615 on: June 21, 2021, 02:49:04 am »

I bought a Raspberry Pi and accessories online, and the case I ordered arrived. It's the tiniest damn thing I've ever seen! If I place it right, I can get it to fit on my hand. I knew these things were tiny, but damn.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157616 on: June 21, 2021, 05:23:48 am »

-
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:31:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #157617 on: June 21, 2021, 01:10:52 pm »

Goldfish :/
Goldfish are carps.

Not really surprising for DF players, i mean
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157618 on: June 21, 2021, 01:27:16 pm »

Goldfish are generally fine with anything they can't fit in their mouths, so if these are decent sized snails I'm a bit surprised the goldfish are harrassing them to death. Eating dead snails sure, but hassling a big snail to death can be hard depending on the species.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157619 on: June 21, 2021, 06:34:22 pm »

The big fish is very smart and always hungry :I So on some level, I'm not surprised. But I am a little bit disappointed in my dear Marzipan.

Pages: 1 ... 10506 10507 [10508] 10509 10510 ... 11039