Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10422 10423 [10424] 10425 10426 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14555119 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #156345 on: March 26, 2021, 10:05:41 am »

Make the furnishings out of guncotton.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156346 on: March 26, 2021, 08:20:56 pm »

Last night, I was on the phone with a friend, and I was going on about how you should only expect the bare minimum out of people, that way you'll be happy. It turns out, he knows about that. From God of War. I know that from a shrink, he got it from God of War, of all things.

Also, he told me that in the newest one (Ascension?), Kratos suddenly decides to drop the whole 'killing' thing, becoming a peace-loving hippy. Despite his past record of killing everything and anything, including other gods for shits and giggles. Did this actually happen? Can anyone point me to that cutscene?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156347 on: March 26, 2021, 08:38:35 pm »

It's not Ascension, that was the game before. The new God of War is literally just called "God of War". A lot of people call it "Dad of Boi" or "God of War (2016)".

Think less peace-loving hippy, and more repentant criminal who regrets his past and is trying to settle down. The sequel is set at least a decade after God of War 3, and without any Greek gods to bother him, Kratos has had some time to reflect on his actions. It's brilliant actually. One of the best games I've ever played and a true work of art. How did you miss this one?

Don't worry friend, there's plenty of violence. it's just that now Kratos isn't fighting the Norse gods for shits and giggles, but now there are real stakes in these battles. You are missing out dude!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 08:40:50 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #156348 on: March 26, 2021, 08:55:05 pm »

God of War is quite a gratuitous game, at least the third one.

Like, I enjoy a good violent game, Manhunt was tremendously entertaining, but holy shit the things Kratos does in GoW 3 are wholly, unnecessarily over the top.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #156349 on: March 26, 2021, 09:01:18 pm »

How did you miss this one?
I don't play many games (and I usually play them years after release), nor do I own any game consoles. Gaming laptop yes, consoles no. I don't follow gaming news much, if at all. I'm aware that God of War has that Kratos guy who's a murder machine, but that's from cultural osmosis.

I dunno, getting a PS4 just for one game seems like a pretty shit investment to me. Unless, of course, I find an emulator and an ISO of the game, but I don't think my current tech is anywhere near good enough to run it at tolerable speeds. I don't even know if working PS4 emulators exist!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156350 on: March 26, 2021, 09:21:19 pm »

I don't even know if working PS4 emulators exist!

They don't. Even PS3 is a crapshoot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156351 on: March 26, 2021, 09:28:12 pm »

Should just watch a let’s play.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156352 on: March 26, 2021, 09:31:59 pm »

Yeah. The console barrier is a real pain. I had to play the game on a friend's PS4.

God of War 4 isn't the only good game on the system though. There was Bloodborne and Ghosts of Tsushima. Horizon Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption 2 were also games that made the PS4 attractive, but they have PC ports now, even if they are kinda shitty. I have no idea if the ports have been fixed yet.

Sadly, I don't know what to say. Seems like you're in an unfortunate position. I'd try to find a friend cause God of War 4 really is that good! They've also ported it to the PS5 if you have desire to buy that for some reason.

God of War is quite a gratuitous game, at least the third one.

Like, I enjoy a good violent game, Manhunt was tremendously entertaining, but holy shit the things Kratos does in GoW 3 are wholly, unnecessarily over the top.

Disemboweling centaurs was what got to me. Gouging out eyes is probably pretty brutal too. Norse God of War is a much smarter and tasteful game compared to its predecessors. It's still violent, but not to the extreme of 3.

The things you can do to a werewolf with your bare hands in 4 still shocked me though, but it isn't as bad as seeing centaur intestines.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156353 on: March 27, 2021, 08:44:31 am »

https://twitter.com/thetzechun/status/1375625418422820872

Marvel's always been known for their terrible work environment, and being bought by Disney certainly isn't improving it any. But it's always...fun? to look at the specifics.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156354 on: March 27, 2021, 08:51:13 am »

Marvel's always been known for their terrible work environment, and being bought by Disney certainly isn't improving it any. But it's always...fun? to look at the specifics.

As a black Jewish Latvian, I find this hilarious.

Except for the photo of someone eating uramaki with a knife and fork. That image can go burn in the unending fires.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156355 on: March 27, 2021, 08:53:29 am »

As a black Jewish Latvian, I find this hilarious.

Except for the photo of someone eating uramaki with a knife and fork. That image can go burn in the unending fires.

I saw that picture and wtf’d also. Even before I got comfortable with chopsticks, I just used my pinchers to eat the mafa’s.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #156356 on: March 27, 2021, 08:55:02 am »

Cursed image that hurts on a spiritual level
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #156357 on: March 27, 2021, 09:06:52 am »

I saw that picture and wtf’d also. Even before I got comfortable with chopsticks, I just used my pinchers to eat the mafa’s.
Eh... seeing it, it doesn't seem much odder than eating pizza with knife+fork, or forking chicken nuggets or fish sticks or whatev'. Living where I am, I've learned you just gotta' let folks eat how they're comfortable eating. If that means unusual utensils for a particular meal, then... whatever. It's largely harmless and the familiarity is pretty damn important for some people, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156358 on: March 27, 2021, 09:17:43 am »

I mean yeah it’s harmless but sushi in all its variety is generally bite-sized, so even if someone just speared it with a fork and shoved it in their cake hole that would be infinitely more acceptable than cutting it into smaller chunks.

Pizza can also be eaten with a knife and fork depending on the venue. If you get a whole pizza in a ristorante, that’s cool, but obviously a bit of a waste of time if you’re getting it by the slice.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156359 on: March 27, 2021, 09:18:11 am »

It's largely harmless and the familiarity is pretty damn important for some people, y'know?

The fork and knife aren't harmful, taken alone. It's a bit different when it's a person who lied about being Japanese to take jobs from actual Asians, and then went unpunished to the point he ended up leading the place.
Pages: 1 ... 10422 10423 [10424] 10425 10426 ... 11039