Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10093 10094 [10095] 10096 10097 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14549372 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151410 on: May 11, 2020, 06:01:29 pm »

I didnt know there was an acronym tag
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151411 on: May 11, 2020, 06:04:51 pm »

Yup! It's unlisted, but there it is... Shows the "acronym" text when you mouse over the words with the dotted underline.

Drives mobile users nuts, since you generally can't get it to show up properly on mobile devices :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151412 on: May 11, 2020, 06:07:25 pm »

Drives mobile users nuts, since you generally can't get it to show up properly on mobile devices :P

That explains it then, you cow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151413 on: May 11, 2020, 09:26:44 pm »

abbr is the best tag

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151414 on: May 11, 2020, 09:51:33 pm »

What's the point of using an abbreviation while also typing out the full name in the acronym tag?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151415 on: May 11, 2020, 10:49:24 pm »

Amusement and/or edification, mostly. Sometimes stylistic preferences. Abbr tag means the whole thing isn't in everyone's face, without leaving people that don't know the abbreviation in the dark, y'ken?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151416 on: May 11, 2020, 11:15:54 pm »

Amusement and/or edification, mostly. Sometimes stylistic preferences. Abbr tag means the whole thing isn't in everyone's face, without leaving people that don't know the abbreviation in the dark, y'ken?
This.  If I make a particularly obscure reference, one which I don't expect anyone to get, then I might use abbr to explain it.  The text remains an indulgent reference, but people can get the reference and my explanation with a simple hover.

It remains amusing while cluing people in to the "joke" - conveniently!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151417 on: May 11, 2020, 11:24:20 pm »

Wait, is there a difference between the abbr and acronym tags?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151418 on: May 12, 2020, 12:00:20 am »

Yup! It's unlisted, but there it is... Shows the "acronym" text when you mouse over the words with the dotted underline.

I can see it, but not read it... It is forever just out of reach, taunting me, laughing at me

...At least until I hit quote.
Love, scriver~

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151419 on: May 12, 2020, 12:37:12 am »

Someone came up to me in a Walmart parking lot. I originally saw him while I was walking into the store surrounded by police and EMTs asking if he wanted to go to the hospital, while he looked physically fine. He approached me as I was getting ready to leave, after getting out of a pickup truck that was also surrounded by police when I first arrived.

Within five minutes he:
Complemented on how clean my car looked, and asked me if I could wash his car.
Said he'd wash my car for me, after I pointed out some stains on my trunk.
Asked me where I was from.
Told my friend to listen faster and me to talk slower so that we could understand eachother.
Kept asking for permission for basic things, like approaching, or leaning on my trunk, or using my car door as a wind block to light a cigarrete
Invited us to go smoke weed with him. At a funeral.
Said something about doing cocaine, following it up with "I came to the coke capital of the U.S. to get clean of doing coke, god bless."
Asked me my opinion of Jesus, before reaching down, tapping my feet and saying "He'd wash your feet"
Asked my friend what race he was, my friend jokingly said he was black (he's not, just a tan hispanic but could be mistaken for being brown), to which the (very white) guy said, "I'm black too, my nigga!" and then pulled him into a complex handshake that my friend struggled with
I complained about the breach in social distancing to which he responded by offering my friend a hug, saying "we're black, that don't matter."
Not on him, but my friend actually hugged him. That just peeved me a bit.
Asked us if we wanted coke, because he knew a guy.
Told us his address and phone number, asked to hang out with us some time.
Said he was rich, and my friend commented on the three gold chains he's wearing and he said he killed a guy for those. (But he was just kidding. Hopefully.)
Complained about someone named Paul, that we should totally know because we're from New Jersey.
Plugged his Instagram, repeatedly.
Then he walked away while still talking to us. We just left.

All within five minutes. It was really hard to follow the conversation, especially when I'm too worried about this guy probably being sick with more than just Corona. His instagram is just as weird as he is, with random snapshots of various busty women, chatlogs, and for some reason an armored truck that he's behind in traffic.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151420 on: May 12, 2020, 12:53:05 am »

Yea that's american general stores for ya.  One of the things I was terrible at handling when I was night manager at dollar general.  Get some really chatty folks, I'd be too polite to just leave them and go do work, but they just would not stop talking.

M: Thanks for the chat man, but I gotta get back to work.
C: I was the only person in line we got time.
M: I'm afraid not I'm the manager tonight, I got stocking and frontfacing to do, and thats before I even get to paperwork.
C: If you are the manager why are you operating the cash register, that seems below your job.
M: It's because I know my employees, my guy on staff today is good at running stock and does not like running the register, I don't mind register, and I'm not that great at stock, so I let him focus on the main stocking and I just stock the front 10 feet of the store and perform my other tasks between customers.
C: That does not seem right you are the one in charge you should do it like blah blah blah
And then I have the guy following me around the place for 10 minutes so I can't focus on my job telling me how HE would do it.

I think some people just are really chatty and are just happy to find anyone with a half sense of politeness to not immediately walk away and talk their ear off.  And they all seem to hang out at general stores.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151421 on: May 12, 2020, 02:02:02 am »

Well, you know. Everybody needs to eat. Everyone goes to the grocery at some point.

Though that guy was definitely high.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #151422 on: May 12, 2020, 06:46:27 am »

Autism, maybe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151423 on: May 12, 2020, 07:24:46 am »

This.  If I make a particularly obscure reference, one which I don't expect anyone to get, then I might use abbr to explain it.  The text remains an indulgent reference, but people can get the reference and my explanation with a simple hover.

It remains amusing while cluing people in to the "joke" - conveniently!

That's how I use color=transparent. I assume people can see that when they quote to reply as well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151424 on: May 12, 2020, 07:29:20 am »

That's even capable of being highlighted on mobile devices.

... puts either awkward spacing or something with no indication it exists in the post, though. Use case is fairly different than abbr, more or less. It's good for a joke in particular but clumsier than abbr for some uses.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 10093 10094 [10095] 10096 10097 ... 11038