Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10087 10088 [10089] 10090 10091 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547861 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151320 on: May 05, 2020, 10:39:24 am »

What are the natural predators of the hornets? Introduce them in droves into the USA, that surely would turn out perfect.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #151321 on: May 05, 2020, 10:55:49 am »

Giant Asian hornets ‘ave been spotted in extreme north-western Washington state.

People be scared, apparently, ‘cause they big and have a particularly potent sting, and they will destroy beehives in a matter of hours to get to the goodies on the inside, and unless someone happens to like Japanese honeybees, this will more than likely devastate the bee population as a result.
Well this is one species that deserves to die. Bees are good and useful. Giant Asian Hornets are Satan incarnate. Do any other species specifically depend on them?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #151322 on: May 05, 2020, 10:57:32 am »

Hey LordBaal, did you know that some random American private security company tried to overthrow your nation's government?

Ended up being some underequipped guys in a boat who expected to go all Contra on the nation.
Strange  :o
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151323 on: May 05, 2020, 11:24:54 am »

Funny how Americans in particular have such a strangely rich history of this sort of thing happening.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151324 on: May 05, 2020, 11:43:48 am »

Hey LordBaal, did you know that some random American private security company tried to overthrow your nation's government?

Ended up being some underequipped guys in a boat who expected to go all Contra on the nation.
The whole thing smells like shit, the whole history doesnt match at all and most people says its simply yet another smokescreen, bread and circus, minus the bread.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151325 on: May 05, 2020, 12:51:45 pm »

The whole thing smells like shit, the whole history doesnt match at all and most people says its simply yet another smokescreen, bread and circus, minus the bread.
Apparently their boss has claimed responsibility? Didn't say who paid for it tho. *Shrug*

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/us-veteran-behind-failed-venezuela-plot-says-american-mercenaries-detained.html
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151326 on: May 05, 2020, 01:03:37 pm »

What are the natural predators of the hornets? Introduce them in droves into the USA, that surely would turn out perfect.

Let's try cane toads.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151327 on: May 05, 2020, 01:05:54 pm »

Let's try cane toads.
Noooooooooooooo
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151328 on: May 05, 2020, 01:12:18 pm »

Let's try cane toads.
Noooooooooooooo
correct, Cane toads aren;t specialized enough, what we need is a parasite that requires the hornet for its larvae to grow, possibly a fly species, thus, only the targeted species of hornet is affected, as parasites tend to only be able to grow in specific hosts

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151329 on: May 05, 2020, 02:23:50 pm »

I love the idea that the news was talking about introducing a bacterium to mosquitoes to prevent the spread of malaria.

We're actually on the cusp of engineering bacteria for release into the wilds.  And it will turn out just fine.....
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151330 on: May 05, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »

Introduce a bacterium to mosquitoes? To what, kill them all off?

That would be ill-advised, even discounting the proposed method. Also likely impossible.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151331 on: May 05, 2020, 02:32:31 pm »

I got it, we could engineer wasp AIDS. What could possibly go wrong?

The bacterium I think is for either reducing the mosquito numbers or make them unable to carry malaria.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151332 on: May 05, 2020, 02:38:36 pm »

Introduce a bacterium to mosquitoes? To what, kill them all off?

That would be ill-advised, even discounting the proposed method. Also likely impossible.

The news blurb states that it 'prevents the mosquitoes from carrying the malaria disease', without going into how exactly.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151333 on: May 05, 2020, 02:44:23 pm »

Went shopping. Forgot my debit card PIN since it's been too long since I used it in a store, but that's minor since I still have my credit card. Came out, my mom decided to drive past a large gathering in the parking lot. Thinking they were celebrating something, she began to honk and cheer. It was a funeral. Luckily, I noticed this before she started honk, and informed her of this after.

Oh, and my sister is now anti-Trump because apparently he's been working with Bill Gates who is responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

Some people wonder why I spend most of my time in my room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151334 on: May 05, 2020, 02:59:29 pm »

Oh, and my sister is now anti-Trump because apparently he's been working with Bill Gates who is responsible for the coronavirus outbreak.

Aren't they working together with Cuomo to destroy the school system in NY as a pilot project to destroy the rest of the public school system?
Pages: 1 ... 10087 10088 [10089] 10090 10091 ... 11038