Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10075 10076 [10077] 10078 10079 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547267 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #151140 on: April 23, 2020, 06:45:42 pm »

I've heard a lot of bad things about the FF7 remake. There's a lot of "these story changes suck", and I've heard nothing but complaints about the battle system changes - most people I've talked to find it tedious as hell.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151141 on: April 23, 2020, 06:46:54 pm »

Wait what? It's not even the full game? I haven't been following it that much, but....wow.
The game only covers Midgar
About what percentage of the original game was Midgar?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151142 on: April 23, 2020, 06:51:26 pm »

A good chunk of the linear part.  Like 25-35%?

There was a lot of content there for a child in his first playthrough.

- Dragging
- Military marching
- Train rides
- Getting blown up in a reactor
- Sewer monsters
- Dog houses with missiles
- Tifa's breasts
- Garret actually did decent damage

A lot.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151143 on: April 23, 2020, 07:46:50 pm »

They're supposed to have expanded it greatly. Originally, it wasn't a full third of the game, but it was a decent chunk.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151144 on: April 23, 2020, 09:51:07 pm »

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-freeway-tragedy-victoria-police-to-review-body-cam-footage/news-story/3d51c94d8626e9d00fb495bcb0697d64

Seriously, this is a fucked up news story. A guy was on drugs and driving his Porsche at 140 Km/h, pulled over by the cops and drug-tested. They then moved his car into the emergency lane alongside the freeway, and a couple more cops turn up assist with impounding his car. Then, a truck driver has some kind of medical seizure, veers into the emergency lane at a full 110 km/h and splats the cop cars, 4 cops (who all died) and the Porsche. The rich asshat is unhurt, films a dying female police officer on his phone and is heard abusing her for wrecking his car:

He allegedly told her: “There you go. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. All I wanted to do was go home and have my sushi. Now you’ve f****ed my f***ing car.”

Yeah, so real clever there. Someone's dying and all you care about is your car, and you film yourself saying it. To top off what a total asshat this guy is, he then does the most stupid thing possible. He runs away. They caught him of course, now there are about 20 more charges for him that he would have had. To top it off: the guy works as a mortgage broker, so he's a finance bro.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:55:38 pm by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151145 on: April 23, 2020, 10:01:04 pm »

Anyone ever wonder how diseases spread between people and animals?

Haha selling nostalgia is profitable, holy shit. Could potentially be 90 hours of gameplay for $180.

I donor think the game was that good was it?

People loved it despite it looking absolutely terrible. It was fine, I guess? Probably on par with FF 5 or 6 for neat hidden stuff you could do, maybe more? It's been a long time.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151146 on: April 23, 2020, 10:49:57 pm »

I've read about that, apparently it's a thing wolves (and other canines, to a lesser extent) do to express their subservience to their "alpha" or whatever, or in this case their humans. That footage is probably from a wolf sanctuary somewhere, there are a lot of videos like that. I believe the wolves don't trust anyone until they've licked the insides of their mouth.   

Seriously, this is a fucked up news story.
Seems pretty fucking funny from where I'm sitting!
I only wish I could track down the footage in question, has anyone got a source? My searching yesterday was fruitless. :(   
Also, I can understand why the dude would be upset - why tf were there four speed-bumps on the freeway? Seems like an accident just waiting to happen. ;)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151147 on: April 23, 2020, 11:44:58 pm »

They're supposed to have expanded it greatly. Originally, it wasn't a full third of the game, but it was a decent chunk.

Yes and no...

(has watched the full 9hrs of cutscenes stuck together, so has a good grasp of this installment. Screw spoilers.)

They DID make the areas more immersive, and they made the Avalanche crew more relatable-- BUT-- Many things, like how they handled Wall Market, were just... Ugh.

Completely changed the way you get Cloud's dress for instance.  Instead of having to do all kinds of odd-jobs to get the right kit together to pull it off yourself, you instead get a celebrity makeover from a gay diva, for dancing with him. Aeris's dress? Yeah-- you have to do a pitfight for it, rather than you know-- just buy it from the dress shop. etc.

Not too happy with that.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151148 on: April 24, 2020, 12:15:20 am »

Ah. I was much too turned off by the battle system being made real time action to try the game myself, even before hearing complaints that it is bad real time action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #151149 on: April 24, 2020, 04:44:13 am »

Cloud was a merc with self-denial/amnesia/false identity who was, when the game started, a hardened moneygrub.  His ties to the resistance were tenuous and, past aside, it was made clear through the dialogue in the beginning that he wasn't entirely on board with the movement.

or am i misremembering?

That's the way I remember it too. Except since cloud don't talk, it was expressed through other characters being bitchy to him about it. Like Barter when they come back from the first bombing, for example, being all "so all you care about is money, huh, Merc? Just gonna take your money and go now huh? We're trying to save the world here!"
Love, scriver~

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151150 on: April 24, 2020, 06:52:21 am »

Cloud was a merc with self-denial/amnesia/false identity who was, when the game started, a hardened moneygrub.  His ties to the resistance were tenuous and, past aside, it was made clear through the dialogue in the beginning that he wasn't entirely on board with the movement.

or am i misremembering?

That's the way I remember it too. Except since cloud don't talk, it was expressed through other characters being bitchy to him about it. Like Barter when they come back from the first bombing, for example, being all "so all you care about is money, huh, Merc? Just gonna take your money and go now huh? We're trying to save the world here!"

Confirmed. With the recent talk about the remake I've started playing the original (on my old PS1 system) again, and after the first bomb Cloud's loyality is questioned, and he answers: "I don't care about ShinRa or SOLDIER, but I don't care about planet or AVALANCHE either'.
I will claim that for the entire Midgard time (possible all the time or at least until Cosmos Canyon) Clouds doesn't buy into the planet stuff, but DO want to protect Tifa and Aieris.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151151 on: April 24, 2020, 12:26:23 pm »

I've read about that, apparently it's a thing wolves (and other canines, to a lesser extent) do to express their subservience to their "alpha" or whatever, or in this case their humans. That footage is probably from a wolf sanctuary somewhere, there are a lot of videos like that. I believe the wolves don't trust anyone until they've licked the insides of their mouth.   

Weird, I usually trust people less after they've made out with an animal.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151152 on: April 24, 2020, 12:32:23 pm »

Do you not trust people more easily after they make out with you, because that's more what is happening.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151153 on: April 24, 2020, 03:18:41 pm »

Do you not trust people more easily after they make out with you, because that's more what is happening.

1) No, they obviously lack sound judgement and 2) people are generally the same species.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #151154 on: April 24, 2020, 03:23:20 pm »

people are generally the same species.

"[citation needed]"
Pages: 1 ... 10075 10076 [10077] 10078 10079 ... 11038