Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9953 9954 [9955] 9956 9957 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14548542 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #149310 on: December 24, 2019, 08:10:50 am »

C'mon ChairmanPoo, lets open our own twitter with no two factor authentication, blackjack and hookers.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149311 on: December 24, 2019, 08:29:23 am »

Or it would make sense, you know, NOT to force people to hand over their phone number, regardless of anything else.

Who's forcing? Don't use Twitter then. That's like saying the pub "forces" you to pay for beer. Only if you want beer.

One point is anyone can create a site with zero security that lets people sign up with anonymous emails, but everyone wants to be on the one where everyone else is authenticated already (but apparently balks at why they should also be authenticated themselves).

Things like two-factor authentication vastly reduce the signal to noise ratio and mean that bans are actual bans. So, stuff like keeping the Nazis off the platform: much harder without two-factor authentication. Sure, you could have the "same" service without any authentication except it would be even more wall to wall Nazis, bots and sockpuppets.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:49:33 am by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149312 on: December 24, 2019, 09:57:02 am »

Or commies, or worst, commies-nazies
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:00:15 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149313 on: December 24, 2019, 12:45:47 pm »

I got one of these newfangled weighted blankets. Fuck this thing is heavy. I'm worried this thing will smother me in my sleep. I think the science is that it activates the parasympathetic nervous system, making you feel hugged and loved so your body can finally get the clue to ease up and stop being anxious and worried while you're dying to sleep.

I've tried it, but I'll need to run more trials before I can give a verdict on how well it works and on how much it loves me.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 01:02:19 pm by JoshuaFH »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149314 on: December 24, 2019, 12:49:06 pm »

I could use something like that to keep my wife from stealing all the blankets in the night.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149315 on: December 24, 2019, 01:40:29 pm »

I could use something like that to keep my wife from stealing all the blankets in the night.
Thy wife shall not left a single square centimeter of blanket no-stolen. This is inversely exponential to the room temperature.

It's one of the laws of thermodynamics or something.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149316 on: December 24, 2019, 01:41:35 pm »

Thy wife shall not left a single square centimeter of blanket no-stolen. This is inversely exponential to the room temperature.

It's one of the laws of thermodynamics or something.

Mine is too tiny for all the blankets, and also she brings like 3 of her own blankets to put on top of the regular blanket.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149317 on: December 24, 2019, 01:54:06 pm »

On the bed of the king there shall be a great divide as great wall of pillows so that blankets may lay in peace un-stolen throughout the night's peace.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #149318 on: December 24, 2019, 02:13:36 pm »

Remember: Sleeping bags are always an option. It might make the Stuff difficult though.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149319 on: December 24, 2019, 02:29:41 pm »

Energy and Persistence Conquer all Things.

What I'm saying that Ben Franklin absolutely figured out a way to do it in a sleeping bag because of course he did, so you can too. Believe in yourself.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #149320 on: December 24, 2019, 03:56:55 pm »

Catholic priest sprays holy water from a plane to bless parishioners.

I mean, Sloth is only one of the big ones, but I guess it’s only number 4..?

Also who cares about non-Catholics in the community? We can just claim they’re baptized Catholics now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149321 on: December 24, 2019, 04:05:14 pm »

Catholic priest sprays holy water from a plane to bless parishioners.

I mean, Sloth is only one of the big ones, but I guess it’s only number 4..?

Also who cares about non-Catholics in the community? We can just claim they’re baptized Catholics now.

Can't a priest just bless the skies when there rain is forecasted?
Better yet, bless a globe and all the water in the world is blessed via symbolism.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #149322 on: December 24, 2019, 04:16:59 pm »

Reminds me of a story I read once where a priest blessed a fire truck to make it into a weapon to use against the undead. Because if you're not dispensing holy power at 4500 litres per minute, why even bother?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149323 on: December 24, 2019, 05:32:31 pm »

I mean.... it probably takes more effort to hire/fly a plane then plan some way to dispense liquid from it without killing everyone underneath you than it takes to just rub some oil on people in line. Which is how I presume it's normally done. I ain't Catholic.

What was that movie with George Clooney with vampires in a bar and the priest used creative water blessing to fight the undead? Also they attached stakes to like, a giant drill or something.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149324 on: December 24, 2019, 05:40:13 pm »

From dusk till dawn.
Pages: 1 ... 9953 9954 [9955] 9956 9957 ... 11038