Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9668 9669 [9670] 9671 9672 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526835 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145035 on: May 13, 2019, 07:17:01 am »

I have to make a confession. Whenever one of you makes a multiparagraph post I take the first few phrases and bring it to "Talk to Transformer". I prefer AI enhanced content.

So, this is my introduction for you. I guess anyone who has done some research on transgender politics in India is not far off the mark here. It would be naive to think that such a small population doesn't support such issues (or it wouldn't be a large enough one).

The problem that we encounter is that transgenders and trans women can become invisible and marginalised within feminist movements because of this. But this is the unfortunate reality. We must never let our hopes or fears make us shy away from doing something.

We are going to need a few lessons to help us be visible in the mainstream and to make other communities see us as a part of their communities. Not only that, but it is important to show respect for those in the community who choose to live as transgender.

You can read the rest of my article at http://bit.ly/4vD3ZU2

Ok Chairmanpoo, I understand the bit about Talktotransformer, but I don't see how your transgender politics blog fits into the conversation.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145036 on: May 13, 2019, 09:14:16 am »

Ok Chairmanpoo, I understand the bit about Talktotransformer, but I don't see how your transgender politics blog fits into the conversation.

I just wanna say that it's not me you are talking about. It's my friend, and his friend. The article in question is no longer accessible. Here's the relevant part:

"So… that's one of my friends saying to me, 'That is my name.' And I go, 'Fuck.' It's not mine. I'm so glad that you realized your name."

This is the same friend who has posted links and images to the article on Facebook. When I called him to get back to me, he told me that he'd deleted it and was deleting his links.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145037 on: May 13, 2019, 11:14:31 am »

The Canadian version of the Joker is a little less scary than the American one.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2019/05/12/toronto-police-arrest-man-dressed-as-joker-in-tip-jar-theft.html
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145038 on: May 13, 2019, 01:26:30 pm »

If it wasn't so goddamned funny people wouldn't keep doing it. Hail the Neural Net.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145039 on: May 13, 2019, 06:27:55 pm »

I accidentally fisted a box of safety pins, and let me tell you, that is not safe. I was making some buttons today, and swapped out an empty box for a full one, but muscle memory kicked in and I tried to stuff my hand in too hard.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #145040 on: May 13, 2019, 07:31:05 pm »

I accidentally fisted a box of safety pins.
We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145041 on: May 13, 2019, 07:46:51 pm »

I accidentally fisted a box of safety pins.
We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind...

My friends all fist boxes of pins and if they don't fist, they're no friends of mine?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145042 on: May 13, 2019, 07:48:38 pm »

LOVEFIST
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145043 on: May 13, 2019, 08:41:05 pm »

This exchange reminds me of the good ship venus. Alas, safety pin doesn't fit nearly as well as broken glass.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145044 on: May 14, 2019, 12:17:01 am »

What if that's their fetish? You can't just go around kink shaming, man.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145045 on: May 14, 2019, 11:06:39 am »

This OG student lad just went up to random KFCs and pretended he was corporate.
> "Hello, KFC how can I help ya."

>> *slaps table* "Hi, I'm a quality assurance manager for the region, I'm going to need to sample all the KFC."

> "What?! All the KFC?!"

>> "Yes. All the KFC."

>...."uh..okay."

>> *Proceeds to go to back room, start nibbling on as much chicken as he wants whilst complaining about the standards of hygiene.* Apparently he was well-known and after two years everyone just assumed he was from corporate.

http://dailyactive.info/2019/05/13/student-crowned-legend-after-tasting-kfc-food-for-2-years-with-fake-data/

So I assume the punishment was having to eat KFC.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145046 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:46 am »

It was in South Africa and he had a forged business card and turned up in a limo.

In my country if someone turned up in a limo and tried to tell me they were from head office they’d have their head taken off.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145047 on: May 14, 2019, 11:33:12 am »

It was in South Africa and he had a forged business card and turned up in a limo.

In my country if someone turned up in a limo and tried to tell me they were from head office they’d have their head taken off.

In America our scammers pretend to be African Princes, but in Africa they pretend to be American Executives?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145048 on: May 14, 2019, 12:49:53 pm »

That, or they have a dangerously wrong understanding of what a "head office" actually is.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #145049 on: May 14, 2019, 01:10:36 pm »

I feel like as the resident South African I should step in and say something that makes everything clear, but no, I'm really at a loss. Any explanations I can come up with are either inaccurate racial stereotypes or just "weird stuff happens in KZN".

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 9668 9669 [9670] 9671 9672 ... 11037