Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9585 9586 [9587] 9588 9589 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513185 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143790 on: March 23, 2019, 08:26:28 am »

it looks like an excerpt from a lovecraft story.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #143791 on: March 23, 2019, 04:26:09 pm »

It's actually Arthur Conan Doyle, thought it might as well be Lovecraft considering the singular mixture of racism and eldritch worship infused in that story.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143792 on: March 23, 2019, 05:20:42 pm »

A blend of 11 loans and mortgages!

Finger-licking student debt
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143793 on: March 23, 2019, 09:44:13 pm »

It turns out that, until at least 1966, the US Air Force dress uniform included a formal cape (for officers only).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #143794 on: March 24, 2019, 12:55:12 am »

Woke up with my heart beating like a drum machine, went to toilet and unleashed a liter of piss from my wiener into the toilet. Then after the breakfast, I have anxiety over literally nothing. Not a good start for the morning.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143795 on: March 24, 2019, 11:18:35 pm »

Quote from: Youtube
Because you liked a short compilation of Simpsons clips, you must surely love "Leftists Eat Themselves as One of their Own Resigns".

I don't see how funny Simpsons moments naturally leads into alt-right buggery but apparently YouTube's algorithm sees a connection.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143796 on: March 24, 2019, 11:26:52 pm »

I guess it's because lefties find just about all comedy offensive, thus anyone who views and enjoys jokes or other humour-related content is probably a nazi.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143797 on: March 25, 2019, 12:09:27 am »

More seriously, every Youtube video leads to alt-right bullshit. The bullshitters have almost certainly figured out how to game the YT algorithms.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #143798 on: March 25, 2019, 12:11:00 am »

I guess it's because lefties find just about all comedy offensive, thus anyone who views and enjoys jokes or other humour-related content is probably a nazi.

nice work buying into the propaganda, friend

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143799 on: March 25, 2019, 12:14:12 am »

The dark side of youtube is a growing zone of ever expanding entropy.

EVERYTHING eventually falls in.

RE: Leftists find everything offensive

No, there is a very vocal portion of the leftist demographic that has fallen hook, line and sinker for identity politics.  This group of individuals define themselves by an external criteria (and the spectrum of what that external criteria constitutes is enormously vast), and so any joke that might poke fun at that criteria is bound to offend one of them, and because they are so very vocal, it makes things go bad quickly.

The solution is for the MSM to stop feeding the trolls.  They never will of course.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:16:24 am by wierd »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143800 on: March 25, 2019, 12:48:16 am »

In contrast, of course, to a huge swath of the right wing demographic that's fallen at least as hard, haha. Current difference probably being that lot relatively actively murdering people and going out of their way to encourage it with "jokes".

... nazi and nazi-adjacent jokes have seemed to be getting less and less funny, to whatever extent they were to begin with, the further out we get from living memory of those jokes' punchline, really. Plenty of funny shit out there without needing to contribute towards memeing up a(nother) fifty body funeral or whatev'.

Though yeah, deplatforming extremists would probably help out, to some degree. I'd expect the fourth estate to get on that right about time the media directed stochastic terrorism efforts start building a regular body count... maybe. Chances probably higher if it's folks like murdoch that starts eating bullets as opposed to children or reporters.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143801 on: March 25, 2019, 01:09:52 am »

Teapot calling the kettle a snowflake
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143802 on: March 25, 2019, 01:59:47 am »

MSM lives off drama.  Drama sells eyeballs, and eyeballs sell advert time.

The MSM is made up of businesses first and foremost. This is why "Dog bites man" is not a story, but "Man bites dog" is. People find the latter novel, and interesting-- and thus expend their attention budget there.

"Angry people on internet cannot take joke, call everyone misogynists, including women." sells.

"No, really, the angry people on the internet are just a loud minority" does not.

The MSM will stop platforming extremists and morons when it becomes state sponsored.  When that happens, journalistic integrity will evaporate however.

the best we can hope for, probably, is some kind of revision to the "equal time!!" rule, and replace it with a "proportional representation with reality" rule.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:02:11 am by wierd »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143803 on: March 25, 2019, 05:24:43 am »

the best we can hope for, probably, is some kind of revision to the "equal time!!" rule, and replace it with a "proportional representation with reality" rule.

"And now, our regularly scheduled 3 seconds of Basques"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143804 on: March 25, 2019, 05:29:38 am »

So, there's a rental real estate agency that has some seemingly decent and very inexpensive properties around here. But it's a corporate agency, and they've got all sorts of fancy window dressings on the contracting and stuff, so I'm not sure how much they're actively trying to screw over their customers.

Unfortunately the name of this agency is literally just "Rental Housing", meaning that any Google search to try and find customer feedback or discussions about said company are completely and utterly fucked. You're either given links to the company website itself (which does not appear to have a forum), or you find threads and articles related to the general concept of rentals... Not that specific company.
Pages: 1 ... 9585 9586 [9587] 9588 9589 ... 11037