Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9561 9562 [9563] 9564 9565 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494616 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143430 on: March 10, 2019, 07:30:55 pm »

Choose your own path, consider what you're taught.

Listen intently and learn nothing, then go outside and play.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143431 on: March 10, 2019, 08:18:02 pm »

The old testament says to kill gays, and the new testament says to adhere to the old testament. Except for the caveat; "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." (Matthew 15:11)

So, clearly, oral sex is fine. But only if you swallow.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #143432 on: March 10, 2019, 08:19:47 pm »

Could also mean oral sex is fine, but it’s not fine berating someone ‘cause they prefer eating dick over pussy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143433 on: March 10, 2019, 08:30:27 pm »

Could also mean oral sex is fine, but it’s not fine berating someone ‘cause they prefer eating dick over pussy.
Stones do not come from one's mouth, handily enough (it would be incredibly inefficient to stone someone to death using tonsilloliths, not to mention disgusting).

Leviticus 20:13 tho

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #143434 on: March 10, 2019, 10:06:28 pm »

The old testament says to kill gays, and the new testament says to adhere to the old testament.
Does the bible actually say either of those things?  I know at one point in the bible god kills gays but my understanding of the new testament is that god judging someone /= humans should judge them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143435 on: March 10, 2019, 10:12:42 pm »

Leviticus commands that "man shall not lie with man as he lies with woman", but the precise intention is unclear. Interpretations range from "no gays ever!" to "men shouldn't sleep with the male temple prostitutes of the pagan religion that existed in the same area and time period as the Levitite priesthood". Still others pass it off as "God told them that because they were too stupid to avoid STDs in those days, just like he banned pig-eating because they were too dumb to avoid parasites" or "The Levitite priests were special, so they had stricter rules than normal people - just like Samson and his hair."

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143436 on: March 10, 2019, 10:42:01 pm »

There's also 1 Corinthians 6:9–11 and 1 Timothy 1:9–10, although it should be born in mind that arsenokoitai can be translated, particularly in context, as "pederasts" rather than "homosexuals." Malakoi, too, is more accurately rendered as "spineless" than "effeminate" per se. It's kind of like how מכשפה can also be translated as pharmakeia (and thus "poisoner") rather than "witch" exactly.

EDIT: I forgot Romans 1:26–27, although that's more "do not be Gaius Caligula" than anything else.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:47:19 pm by Trekkin »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #143437 on: March 10, 2019, 11:02:58 pm »

the two big ones are Romans 1:24 and Leviticus... 8? Peter absolved the faith of any obligation towards the old law (there was a famous bit in the bible about circumsision, this is also why a lot of reformed christians don't believe in things like tithes, prohibition, evangelicalism, etc.), and also the old testament was the civic and moral guidelines for an entire nation that sucked at following said regulations, so of course the law would go into exhaustive detail about how no, you can't cheat on your spouse that way. With full context, Romans 1:24 reads more as a condemnation of Pagans in Rome to establish clear lines between said Pagans and those former Jews and newly converted gentiles in the city. Paul also very famously wrote a dick ton of letters to different churches, so he might have been experienced enough by then to know that new converts would use whatever means possible to integrate themselves into local religions.

I need more secondary historical sources to back up that conclusion, which i'm working on. Outside of explicit proscription, a few handfuls of theologians see things like primieval man being man+woman and the marraige of the lamb to be an implicit proscription on gay marraige. But I highly doubt that. Some people point to Sodom and Gamorrah as an example of God hating homosexuality, and it's like... yeah bud, sure. the people of the city try to rape a literal angel, and homosexuality was just a bridge too far.

I've always personally believed gay marriage is holy in the eyes of God as long as it's ordained, & as long as sex before marriage doesn't taint the vow. Personally it's hard for me to practice what I preach, since i have a lot of cravings (sex, nicotine, men) that won't ever go away, but biblical study leads me to believe it's the striving towards God that redeems, rather than any sort of redemption that no man or woman could ever possibly learn.

(I use the word reformed christian here; fun fact, when someone describes themselves as that it means their faith is taken directly from scripture, out of a basic distrust of the 'telephone game,' as well as a personal charge from God to adhere to the word of God.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #143438 on: March 10, 2019, 11:16:06 pm »

You mean the word of God that was written by people? /probably trying to start something because organized religion is silly and it’s late and I’ve been tired all day and can’t sleep
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143439 on: March 10, 2019, 11:18:05 pm »

Hey, ggamer, are you in uni for a religious degree? You know quite a bit per bible, seems.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:44:40 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143440 on: March 11, 2019, 12:41:25 am »

I feel like this whole discussion could be more suited to the Railgun thread...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143441 on: March 11, 2019, 12:53:57 am »

Yeah, once we load it into the railgun we can shoot it off into outer space and never see it again.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143442 on: March 11, 2019, 10:03:11 am »

Got a call this morning that i need to shut down all thegas pumps, cant sell any gas. Because the new guy with the gas supplier pumped diesel into the gas tank.

Apparently they also didnt get us any diesel, because they then called back and said we have to chip the ice off the diesel tank hatch, which is, apparently, why the new guy decided to pump diesel into the gas tank.

Just, what the fuck?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143443 on: March 11, 2019, 10:36:08 am »

Well that’s fucked up. What happens to all of that contaminated gas? Down the sink?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143444 on: March 11, 2019, 10:57:12 am »

That happened recently in my area too.  Lots of people in a nearby suburb were screwed because they filled their tanks with mixed diesel/gasoline "fuel", and it was cold weather to boot.  Such fun times!
Pages: 1 ... 9561 9562 [9563] 9564 9565 ... 11037