Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9519 9520 [9521] 9522 9523 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514918 times)

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142800 on: February 13, 2019, 04:07:17 pm »

Every indoor only cat we ever owned was declawed. Rarely if ever had problems. This is news to me.

Also they would still try clawong at the furniture even though they were declawed. Obviously, to no effect.

So do people now take cats to the vets for claw trimming?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142801 on: February 13, 2019, 04:09:24 pm »

So do people now take cats to the vets for claw trimming?

I think most people just use either clippers or claw grinders.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #142802 on: February 13, 2019, 04:09:54 pm »

Also they would still try clawong at the furniture even though they were declawed.

That is what happens when you try to solve a behavioral problem with mutilation.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142803 on: February 13, 2019, 04:21:58 pm »

You.... are a gynecologist?
Though they say "doctor, heal thyself", a good doctor trusts their peers and avoids self-treatment whenever possible.
*rotfl*
This is a meta rotfl btw. I'd rotfl on general terms because I disagree in principle, but it's also meta because some.environments are specially unreliable  8)
Is the joke here that a doctor knows enough not to trust their peers?

like programmers
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142804 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:36 pm »

"Out entire field is bad at what we do and everyone is going to die because you rely on us."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142805 on: February 13, 2019, 04:52:34 pm »

Gave some cookies my wife made to my neighbors for helping me out yesterday, was presented with not-quite-panicking levels of heart racing and desire to leave just because I’ve never spoken to them before yesterday and you know, actually interacting with strangers on a personal and not professional level.

The human mind is stupid sometimes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142806 on: February 13, 2019, 06:26:26 pm »

This is literally what we're supposed to be good at

What made us succeed as a species

Why is it so hard  :(
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142807 on: February 13, 2019, 06:31:01 pm »

You.... are a gynecologist?
Though they say "doctor, heal thyself", a good doctor trusts their peers and avoids self-treatment whenever possible.
*rotfl*
This is a meta rotfl btw. I'd rotfl on general terms because I disagree in principle, but it's also meta because some.environments are specially unreliable  8)
Is the joke here that a doctor knows enough not to trust their peers?

like programmers
It's a half joke and a non joke.
What you said - that's the meta-rotfl and it's only half a joke. My current working environment relies too much on juniors and shoves senior staff towards management positions (There is a good chance I'll spend anything from FIVE TO EIGHT HOURS in different committees). Most of the time day to day management falls on top of juniors, and I don't necessarily trust juniors. Though to be fair my current workplace has such a byzantine paperwork system that I get nervous if I don't have juniors helping me with patient care. But this IS a problem.

The other rotfl is that my personal feeling is that for 95% things a GP is redundant for me (and that remaining 5% is  largely paperwork) and I'd very much rather manage my own stuff. Most of my uni friends would agree with me, and although  I'll grant you that these  things vary with the cultural environment, I expect they largely hold across the world. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't ask for input from other colleagues(largely hospital staff - I truly see very very few scenarios where I would need to attend a GP)  if I didn't know something, if I couldnt do it myself, or if I had something serious, but I'd largely be my own attending in any scenario and would expect to be far more actively involved in decision making than usual. I return the favor too - I involve healthcare workers more than I would muggles, and my baseline for explanations for patients is already higher than most people's (there is a story there btw). I also feel this is the right thing to do btw - different people will be able to get involved in their care at different levels, and obviously healthcare workers would be in their own category in there
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:33:17 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #142808 on: February 13, 2019, 06:48:19 pm »

Perhaps I was wrong to say "whenever possible", but surely you'd agree that a self-treating gynecologist would have terrible angle to work from?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142809 on: February 13, 2019, 06:59:35 pm »

Perhaps I was wrong to say "whenever possible", but surely you'd agree that a self-treating gynecologist would have terrible angle to work from?

Nothing an elaborate rig of mirrors and magnifying lenses can't fix. Maybe even some kind of custom periscope could be made to do the job.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142810 on: February 13, 2019, 07:42:59 pm »

Nothing an elaborate rig of mirrors and magnifying lenses can't fix. Maybe even some kind of custom periscope could be made to do the job.

RELAX, I AM A PROFESSIONAAAAALLLL

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142811 on: February 13, 2019, 07:48:36 pm »

He is a doctor.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142812 on: February 13, 2019, 08:52:35 pm »

He is a doctor.

Dr Strange is more of a Doctor, though.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142813 on: February 13, 2019, 11:25:59 pm »

I think I dreamt earlier that I had an unread PM. Weird.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142814 on: February 13, 2019, 11:27:04 pm »

I still would rather see Dr Doom.  That guy really knows his evil tech.
Pages: 1 ... 9519 9520 [9521] 9522 9523 ... 11037