Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9386 9387 [9388] 9389 9390 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14555710 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140805 on: December 05, 2018, 12:25:31 pm »

Hail Satan!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140806 on: December 05, 2018, 12:26:47 pm »

Sorry, my god ate him last week.

The Church of Cthulu apologises for any theological difficulties arising from this.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140807 on: December 05, 2018, 01:32:41 pm »

The Church of Cthulu apologises for any theological difficulties arising from this.
Now, I know you were told you've been worshipping Cthulhu all your life. But have you ever noticed those glowing red eyes - don't they seem tomato-y? Meaty? Ball-shaped? And how long and bendy his mouth tentacles are? How soft and moist, doughy... almost... spaghetti-like they appear?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140808 on: December 05, 2018, 01:39:58 pm »

Now, I know you were told you've been worshipping Cthulhu all your life. But have you ever noticed those glowing red eyes - don't they seem tomato-y? Meaty? Ball-shaped? And how long and bendy his mouth tentacles are? How soft and moist, doughy... almost... spaghetti-like they appear?
I may or may not (probably not) have had a divine revelation where I was told that the Flying Spagetthi Monster is a cool dude.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140809 on: December 05, 2018, 01:56:14 pm »

...well, that's enough of a religious experience for me.

Brethren, join me in my worship of our renamed - and incidentally delicious - lord.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140810 on: December 05, 2018, 01:57:15 pm »

FSM cannot be cuthulu.

Calamari != Pasta

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140811 on: December 05, 2018, 02:01:41 pm »

FSM cannot be cuthulu.

Calamari != Pasta
Pasta tastes great with frutti di mare. Meatballs are, really, entirely optional.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140812 on: December 05, 2018, 02:13:08 pm »

I’m having some trouble at work. One of the special care citizens I look after seems to enjoy talking to themselves, whether it’s schizo or just part of their cerebral palsy I can’t be sure.

Anywho, i’m sitting here typing and get to listen to “and if I throw my cd’s on the floor he’ll come in and pick them up. Yeah.” Followed by, would you guess, the clattering of cd’s. Now it’s not exactly company policy that I have to do whatever he wants, but my boss has made it reasonably clear that “it’s easier to just go along with him”

So yeah. I know this job requires patience but this seems to be a level I’m having some serious difficulty stooping to. My first instinct is “take them away from him”, which usually results in a tantrum, which if ignored soon becomes very mollified behaviour until my boss arrives in an hour and he tells them to get them, and they do, and then give me a talking to.

I don’t know if it’s my sense of pride, or helping them with a display of power, or the inefficiency of getting called away from my actual tasks in order to indulge something petty.
It’s... just tough

Also as this is I guess work related it’s probably safest not to be quoted please.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:15:55 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140813 on: December 05, 2018, 02:24:23 pm »

I suppose my level of annoyance would depend on why he did it.

Was he lonely and wanted someone to be near him/to talk to? In which case it's more pity and sympathy than annoyance.

Is he doing it in an attempt to aggravate you or show his over you? In which case it's more a case of being severely angry than anything else.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140814 on: December 05, 2018, 02:37:48 pm »

He tends to get progressively more annoyed the longer you stay in the room so i’d say certainly not the first.

Most favourable interpretation might be that he wants something else from me and he’s using the loudest thing he knows of in order to get my attention, but after hearing the evidence I don’t see it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:39:31 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140815 on: December 05, 2018, 02:40:08 pm »

My white belt has a mystery brown mark on it that seems to resist EVERYTHING. Bleach included.

If at the grading the senseis pick up on it, there's not really a whole lot I can do. I'll just try to present the belt with it facing downwards.
Stains happen. I always thought it was silly to have the belts be pristine in fighting sports.

It's fine because they are combat as sport, not combat as anything else (where it would be fine. Ever seen a reenactor in pristine clothing?)

Wasn't part of the original idea that you wouldn't wash the belt, and as it got stained darker and darker through the years it symbolized your advancement and experience with the art?

Anyways, yeah... If it's blood, try an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle. Or ask your friendly neighborhood forensics department for some spare luminol.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140816 on: December 05, 2018, 02:52:07 pm »

Saliva is good at breaking down blood.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140817 on: December 05, 2018, 02:56:32 pm »

You can apparently buy a couple ounces of luminol off amazon, if you don't have a friendly neighborhood forensic department. Twelve bucks for a 2 oz spray, which I've no clue is a good price or not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140818 on: December 05, 2018, 03:12:11 pm »

more than likely, it is dirt + oil that has gotten permanently stuck between/inside the fibers. 

It's a bit beyond the pale in terms of a sensible suggestion, but supercrit CO2 blown from the other side, through the fabric might dislodge it.  (at that pressure and temperature, the CO2 is a strong solvent for organic molecules, like oil. Stops being solvent as soon as the pressure drops. So, it dissolves the oily residue while under pressure just after leaving the nozzle, then drops the oil as it moves through the fabric. The pressure helps dislodge the microparticle soil through mechanical action without harming the fabric.)

Not like you are going to just have that laying around though. 

An alternative would be another "evaporates quickly and leaves very little behind" solvent, like say pure white spirit, and then use compressed air, followed by normal washing.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140819 on: December 05, 2018, 03:13:48 pm »

So today is the big state funeral thing for George H. W. Bush, and it's kind of all over the news and stuff. I don't care about politics, but it's there.

I mention this off hand to someone, and it turns into like what feels like forever of Bush bashing and again I don't even care. I don't remember anything about this guy as president.
I think the person who was ranting thought it was his son.... Wrong Bush. I just love listening to complaints and am not at all sarcastic.

A smart lady once told me the only thing people don't think is stupid is calling things stupid, and drinking. Still kind of around but I miss her.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:15:29 pm by Robot Parade Leader »
Pages: 1 ... 9386 9387 [9388] 9389 9390 ... 11039