Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9334 9335 [9336] 9337 9338 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14557649 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140025 on: November 12, 2018, 02:34:50 pm »

I hope all Microsoft does is give them a budget and tell them to have fun. Obsidian will basically print money for Microsoft after an initial investment if left to their own devices.
It'll obviously mean that whatever game it is, it'll be bound to XBOX and Windows 10. My main beef is with the latter.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140026 on: November 12, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »

13) Planned story is that he was attack by fire-wizard wolves wielding spears. Dressed in wolf furs out of respect.

Why bother hiding the facts? As an adventurer, its what he would have wanted. Just bury him with his share of the loot.

Turned out he was just a wandering chump. Noone actually knew him. They were like yeah sure maybe he was into that sort of thing, let's bury him here and hit the tavern.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140027 on: November 12, 2018, 03:45:42 pm »

See? He was into that sort of thing maybe.
It’s not desecration, it’s last wishes.

Now I feel a need to necro the dnd/tabletop thread, whichever of those we finally landed on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:49:23 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140028 on: November 12, 2018, 03:46:39 pm »

*nod nod*

We don't know for sure, it's better this way.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140029 on: November 12, 2018, 03:48:22 pm »

People donate their bodies to Miscellaneous Adventuring Aid all the time. He could have been one of them!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140030 on: November 12, 2018, 03:54:24 pm »

Now I feel a need to necro the dnd/tabletop thread, whichever of those we finally landed on.
DnD thread has been quite active recently, so I'm afraid it can't be necro'd at the moment. You'll have to either wait until it dies again, or find the tabletop thread and practice your profane magicks there instead.

EDIT: On a more thread-relevant note, the concept of waste sorting is clearly still a bit difficult to grasp for some of this building's tenants. No, the plastic trash bag containing the plastic packaging for a box of tissues is not suitable for the bin clearly marked "paper".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140031 on: November 12, 2018, 04:48:34 pm »

The live action Pokemon movie looks like it won't suck donkey dick, what is this even :O
Oddly, one of my friends is completely convinced that it's horribly uncanny and going to totally bomb.  Idunno.  I see his point about Jigglypuff, but the Bulbas are cute and Mr Mime is... Mr Mime.  Of course he's creepy XD

Whatever the mystery is, I'm sure Mr Mime wasn't involved because he was too busy murdering people with Slowpoke tails.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140032 on: November 12, 2018, 07:10:37 pm »

That looks

Amusing enough to actually watch on Netflix or something.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140033 on: November 12, 2018, 07:32:44 pm »

Going to be honest and say that I'm glad they didn't do the 'pokemons, the video game: the movie' thing.  A cop looking for his missing detective Daddy is, I feel, a stereotypical plotline, but cute enough in a kid movie.  Which it is, judging my the missed opportunity to make a himping joke when the girl did the 'pika pi' thing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140034 on: November 12, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

Calling it now: live-action Pokemon will be the next Emoji Movie.

How many of our dearest franchises must the corporate bean-counters desecrate before they’ve had their fill?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140035 on: November 12, 2018, 07:48:38 pm »

It'll be the flagship for greater artistic license in Saudi Arabia?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140036 on: November 12, 2018, 08:44:14 pm »

Going to be honest and say that I'm glad they didn't do the 'pokemons, the video game: the movie' thing.  A cop looking for his missing detective Daddy is, I feel, a stereotypical plotline, but cute enough in a kid movie.  Which it is, judging my the missed opportunity to make a himping joke when the girl did the 'pika pi' thing.

idk if you know, but it is from a Pokemon game. It's no surprise really. Hollywood just couldn't come up with something like Detective Pikachu on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf0d5UzYgY

Here's Detective Pikachu's voice in the Japanese version of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KonKZlqznIg

Note, the human sidekick, who is the only one who can understand Pikachu and is looking for his father is actually the main plot of the video game. So, it is a straight Japanese game adaptation, but they've shoehorned in an American setting, characters and humor for the movie version. It's very likely that it'll be a complete stinker.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:04:45 pm by Reelya »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140037 on: November 12, 2018, 09:24:02 pm »

To be fair, in the japanese trailer for the game the setting seemed fairly American as well. I don't think it was shoe-horned in just for the movie. It does seem to be a straight video-game adaptation though, and if I remember the reviews right the source material was at best OK.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140038 on: November 12, 2018, 09:37:43 pm »

meh.  Originality is a sin in Hollywood anyway
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #140039 on: November 13, 2018, 01:02:36 am »

That trailer doesn't really make the target demographic clear. Seems too rough to be a kids' movie, but too simple to be an adults' movie or even a family movie. The ones most interested in Pokemon are probably the kids who just got into the newest generation of the franchise, and the twenty- and thirty-somethings who have been in it since the beginning and are now nostalgic. It's hard to cater to both of these, so I'm skeptical. Most likely it'll be a soulless cashgrab that doesn't understand why either of those demographics likes the franchise.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 9334 9335 [9336] 9337 9338 ... 11039