Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9286 9287 [9288] 9289 9290 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14543736 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139305 on: October 24, 2018, 10:16:51 am »

I would say that trap is nearly sprung.

See also, "post truth era"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139306 on: October 24, 2018, 10:20:14 am »

I知 not running for President so i知 not overly worried. I知 actually much more honest online than I am in real life. The ad companies don稚 know what to think.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139307 on: October 24, 2018, 10:30:57 am »

I知 not running for President so i知 not overly worried. I知 actually much more honest online than I am in real life. The ad companies don稚 know what to think.
Yeah, this. I feel more confident online.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139308 on: October 24, 2018, 10:42:00 am »

Those are maximally pessimistic stories, intended to convey a message. That is, basically, "the system does not necessarily have your best interests in mind". Unless we truly are the least lucky of all universes from this point onwards, we won't end up there. We'll end up somewhere in between, and somewhere stranger than any fiction. Simply because things change unpredictably with time. Some aspects of those ideal, platonic dystopias might show up. Some already have.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139309 on: October 24, 2018, 11:28:43 am »

Or we could just crack that cure for senescence, and suddenly our aging population aren't a 4000% higher risk factor for basically every chronic disease.
Well, if we work out how to kill off senescent cells, it'll certainly help at least. IIRC they have been found to release chemicals that basically cause a number of the effects of aging.

You're not gonna live for ever, but you should live for longer, and be healthier.

Go read the Postmortal by Drew Hagary and get back to me on this living longer insanity.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139310 on: October 24, 2018, 11:33:34 am »

I like how the responses to "immortal politicians" have been to ramp up assassinations or even outright legalize manslaughter, but still nobody is talking about term limits.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139311 on: October 24, 2018, 11:41:46 am »

I like how the responses to "immortal politicians" have been to ramp up assassinations or even outright legalize manslaughter, but still nobody is talking about term limits.

Everything should have term limits. Especially the Supreme Court, almost all judges, Congress, all of it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139312 on: October 24, 2018, 11:43:45 am »

Those are maximally pessimistic stories, intended to convey a message. That is, basically, "the system does not necessarily have your best interests in mind". Unless we truly are the least lucky of all universes from this point onwards, we won't end up there. We'll end up somewhere in between, and somewhere stranger than any fiction. Simply because things change unpredictably with time. Some aspects of those ideal, platonic dystopias might show up. Some already have.
Huxley actually claimed he was 50-50 on the Brave New World future.

You read Island? It's his drug-based u-topia. Guy was into psychoactives.
One wheel short of a wagon

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139313 on: October 24, 2018, 12:45:36 pm »

You could always just plonk a plunger directly over that sucker and just see what happens.
It could be messy, but it値l absolutely be quick.

Or we could just crack that cure for senescence, and suddenly our aging population aren't a 4000% higher risk factor for basically every chronic disease.
Well, if we work out how to kill off senescent cells, it'll certainly help at least. IIRC they have been found to release chemicals that basically cause a number of the effects of aging.

You're not gonna live for ever, but you should live for longer, and be healthier.

Go read the Postmortal by Drew Hagary and get back to me on this living longer insanity.
I think I need to read less books. Atlas Shrugged made me a little scared of brain drain for a bit there.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It痴 shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #139314 on: October 24, 2018, 01:06:25 pm »

The closest this forum has to "mildly anxious dread" thread, so I'll plonk it here.

Just used drain cleaner on my shower. Now I need to wait and see if that's going to work, or if I'm going to be stuck with a clogged shower drain until maintenance can send some guys over to unplug it.

Also, it's a bit disgusting facing that clog of disgusting hair.

Also I'm perpetually paranoid of strong cleaning products. Especially ones that have enough warnings to make a nuclear plant blush.

A drain snake may come in handy prior to calling out maintenance.  You will be pulling out all that hair yourself though, which may not be particularly pleasant if you have little control over your gag reflex.

Fakeedit: never mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139315 on: October 24, 2018, 01:27:51 pm »

Yeahh, my bathroom sink is slowdraining as hell, and super draino only helped a little. I"ll probably have to (literally) pull the plug and poke around in there.

Probably doesn't help I shave over the sink but I'm not putting long hairs down there so I didn't think it'd stuff up again so quick.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139316 on: October 24, 2018, 01:32:27 pm »

Fun experiment for y'all, put a spinach leaf in a bowl with Drano for awhile. It turns translucent, amongst other things.
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139317 on: October 24, 2018, 03:19:54 pm »

Slow drains in bathroom fix:

1) Open bathroom window.
2) Heat 1 cup of laundry bleach in an open glass container in the microwave until it JUST starts to boil.
3) SLOWLY pour it down the stopped up drain, avoiding any and all fumes

MAGIC.  Sink/tub is free in a matter of seconds.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139318 on: October 24, 2018, 03:21:44 pm »

Do we need to worry about our lungs disintegrating?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139319 on: October 24, 2018, 03:22:52 pm »

Pfft. You people and your bathroom windows...
Pages: 1 ... 9286 9287 [9288] 9289 9290 ... 11037