Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9271 9272 [9273] 9274 9275 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14546696 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139080 on: October 17, 2018, 11:40:33 pm »

People innately desire power. While the new government will not be as powerful initially (due to a lack of resources), it will grow more powerful with time due to human nature.
Oooh, my urge to quote Marat/Sade while screaming like a madman is rising. Let's indulge the inner dialogue, but spoilered so as to not bother the audience with our quotations and digressions.
I'm still resisting the urge to just thumb through the script and quote things. It's an excellent play. You know, when my sister was in the mental ward for two weeks (a few... years ago now, actually), the bastards running her care wouldn't let her have her almost anything: not the candy I brought, not the toys (they only barely let me take my own wallet), but what really outraged me was their refusal to let her have her stuffed animals, for fear of "weapons" hidden in them. She cried. I was furious. But, as she was bored and unhappy, I brought her Marat/Sade instead. I was positively delighted to see that the they let her have that, perhaps the only thing they let her keep, despite the story in it taking place in an asylum, with the mental patients as the actors in a play performing for the public's amusement, with the climax involving a... revolt? Riot? Mutiny? An uprising of patients who attack the orderlies and the asylum director in the climax. The fact that they let her have that was, well... You can imagine my profound amusement.

There are some schools of thought that say that, under the circumstances, I shouldn't have provided such reading materials to my sister, and that it was irresponsible to do so. These schools of thoughts are mostly promulgated by wankers. The fact that she was able to leave without inciting a riot (no matter how much she may have wanted to, for sure), is retrospective evidence of my foresight.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #139081 on: October 18, 2018, 02:15:36 am »

It's almost as if their precautions existed not simply because of them being petty tyrants but for some serious reason.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139082 on: October 18, 2018, 02:16:08 am »

Possibly the shittiest youtube challenge ever is the "hot water challenge". A kid got severely burned because his "friends" did a "prank" where they boiled a kettle of water then poured the whole thing over his head while he was sleeping.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139083 on: October 18, 2018, 02:21:29 am »

Doesn't... doesn't the victim/participant of one of those challenges have to consent for it to count?! ???

I'm quite fond of the hot coil challenge, myself.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139084 on: October 18, 2018, 02:22:55 am »

I think the main "challenge" of most social media challenges is to try and not make it obvious that you as a participant are mentally challenged.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139085 on: October 18, 2018, 02:25:36 am »

Well then, the only way to not lose is to not play.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139086 on: October 18, 2018, 02:26:06 am »

I prefer that challenge where girls try and hold up a can of coke with just their boobs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139087 on: October 18, 2018, 02:27:23 am »

I prefer that challenge where girls try and hold up a line of coke with just their boobs.
FTFY
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139088 on: October 18, 2018, 06:22:21 am »

Welp, now the youtube algorithms are going to be showing me some sketchy stuff.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139089 on: October 18, 2018, 06:38:07 am »

They added a 'recently uploaded' section I cant undo.

I get a lot of smut from the wide variety of stuff I watch.

- online courses
- video games
- wild animal
- Philosophy
- far right and far left vlogs
- bros working out -and failing-

Youtube seems to love inundating me with a particular theme of videos that I watched 4 times 6 months ago and then when I do click on just one they say -LOOK- We told you like this; have some more.

But, for some damn reason, despite never having clicked on one, youtube is sure I want to watch fat people try to fit into doors.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139090 on: October 18, 2018, 06:42:30 am »

I've managed to unintentionally and silently "pay it forward" today.

After failing to make it out of the apartment and do something constructive over at the Fountain House today (a subject more suited for the MSad/Disappoint threads), I decided to pop over to the Turkish grocer across the street to pick up a couple necessities (such as sriracha).

Since it's 1 PM on a workday, it's obviously time for the shop to be winding up for one of its many rush hours. I managed to wind my way around the other customers and picked up a few goodies, and was ready to check out.

The cashier I ended up with this time is someone I don't recognize, and I believe she might be a fairly new hire to boot (sure, just toss them to the wolves during rush hour why don't ya...), and she ended up having a little trouble with the conveyer controls, causing my purchases to violently force themselves upon the collection of the fellow in front of me.

She got a little confused with the bag of apples he'd picked out, and thought they were mine. After we both tried to clear the matter up, he apparently got his things scanned and processed, he paid, and he left.

Then it was my turn, and I thought things were working out fine until she recited the total cost of my items, which seemed a teensy bit high. I had picked out a few expensive items though, and not wanting to hold up the line and the five people behind me, I figured I'd just guessed a bad estimate and made a mental note to check the receipt when I got home.

Sure enough, the receipt revealed that I'd not only paid for the apples, but what looks like nearly the entire purchase of the dude before me. I put my shoes back on and returned to the store to make a mention of it (after psyching myself up enough to brave the potential conflict), but in the five minutes I'd been gone from the store, rush hour had settled in properly and the girl's line was now backed up into an aisle and around the shelves at the end. I didn't want to make a fuss for her, hold up the dozen or so customers waiting to get processed, or indeed stand around waiting the entire duration necessary to make it through the line.

So, instead, I just turned around and left, deciding to eat the ~$17 loss and pretend that I did a good deed, even if nobody knew about it.

I don't believe in karma, but there are times I'd really like for it to be a thing... It'd make me feel a whole lot holier when suffering through social anxiety derps.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139091 on: October 18, 2018, 09:10:27 am »

Possibly the shittiest youtube challenge ever is the "hot water challenge". A kid got severely burned because his "friends" did a "prank" where they boiled a kettle of water then poured the whole thing over his head while he was sleeping.

Seems more like attempted murder than a 'prank'.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139092 on: October 18, 2018, 09:15:24 am »

People are stupid.

Remember the condom challenge? Heard about the fucknut who did so with a used condom and then got face herpes?

I could list many more "X Challenge" fuckups just off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:18:43 am by Mephisto »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139093 on: October 18, 2018, 09:17:08 am »

Seems more like attempted murder than a 'prank'.

Sounds like the 'prank' where a guy tackled someone at an ATM yelling "Gimme the money!" and then got his face punched and then he got arrested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139094 on: October 18, 2018, 09:41:48 am »

I am reminded of this trite little gem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q-eiCEVjF0
Pages: 1 ... 9271 9272 [9273] 9274 9275 ... 11038