Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9090 9091 [9092] 9093 9094 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14570511 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136365 on: August 05, 2018, 11:46:34 am »

Failed assassination attempt, or failed casserole?
More at 11
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136366 on: August 05, 2018, 01:10:06 pm »

We have Tarantula Hawk wasps where I live. Saw four the other day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136367 on: August 05, 2018, 01:42:21 pm »

How is it that rednecks are simultaneously the most genius and most idiotic members of society?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136368 on: August 05, 2018, 02:09:55 pm »

The sun energy passes into their head almost unhindered, feeling their intellect in massive flares
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #136369 on: August 05, 2018, 02:56:45 pm »

How is it that rednecks are simultaneously the most genius and most idiotic members of society?

The sterotypical redneck is cash-poor, has access to plenty of junk, but lacks formal education in technical fields. The first part encourages improvisation and creativity for both work and entertainment, the second part gives them something to work with, and the third part means that they don't always know critical information that isn't intuitive.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136370 on: August 05, 2018, 03:41:25 pm »

Aren't those the ones that sting you and you just scream uncontrollably for five minutes?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136371 on: August 05, 2018, 04:49:11 pm »

Aren't those the ones that sting you and you just scream uncontrollably for five minutes?

You scream uncontrollably for five minutes and then they sting you
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136372 on: August 05, 2018, 04:55:04 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136373 on: August 05, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »

You scream uncontrollably for five minutes and then they sting you

A little of both. Imagine a two inch long bright blue wasp. Now don't change anything and stay the fuck away from them. They're fairly docile actually. The local red wasps are more dangerous to me, as I'm allergic and they're highly aggressive. THWs are more like bees, you gotta piss them off to get stung. Red hornets will sting you for having the temerity, the fucking gall to exist anywhere near them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136374 on: August 05, 2018, 06:27:15 pm »

And that is why it's justified to gib them on sight.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136375 on: August 05, 2018, 07:23:41 pm »

Or! Just stay inside 60% of the time and stick to non-vegetated areas when you don't stay inside. Roads, yards, decks. All fairly safe.
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136376 on: August 05, 2018, 07:40:12 pm »

Or! Just stay inside 60% of the time and stick to non-vegetated areas when you don't stay inside. Roads, yards, decks. All fairly safe.

That's what they want you to think, but while you're relaxing on your patio, the red wasps are training.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136377 on: August 05, 2018, 07:48:07 pm »

That's what they want you to think, but while you're relaxing on your patio, the red wasps are training.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/9245-Skyrim-Tales
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136378 on: August 06, 2018, 05:26:45 am »

Joking aside, I've become exceptionally adept at avoiding them and keeping them placid when I can't, because death is strong motive. Mostly I just suppress my natural flinch and calmly walk away instead. And I never never ever swat at anything buzzing that I haven't identified.

It helped to research the various species and which are aggressive and which are docile. Bumblebees, bees, and pretty much all mud dauber wasps are defensive only. 'Plain' wasps are a bit aggressive, alongside THWs. Hornets, Yellowjacket wasps, red hornets, and Japanese Giant Hornets will all hunt you for fun.
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136379 on: August 06, 2018, 05:55:50 am »

I´ve noticed that after the first few centuries in worldgen the number of necromancer towers tends to stabilize, regardless of how many actual necromancers are there.

I think the reason is that early necromancers get gods-given knowledge directly and found towers, whereas later necromancers just find a master to teach them and move in with same.

In the 5000 year timeline I did get some (scarce) new towers, so it´s not totally impossible, though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:04:15 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9090 9091 [9092] 9093 9094 ... 11040