Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9087 9088 [9089] 9090 9091 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14569679 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136320 on: August 03, 2018, 10:19:04 am »

The "vocally depressed" is actually a very useful term to describe this phenomena

Agreed. IRL you would never know I suffer from extreme depression if I didn't tell you. Online is one of the few places I feel safe being a suicidal depressed edgelord when I feel that way. Those feelings get dealt with unhealthily if I don't direct them appropriately.

Me neither. I never show any depressioneral feelings towards people in the physical world.

Would you guess as well that the younger generation isn't doing so well about being taught how to manage emotions and where to draw clinical conclusions about how they feel?
I'd guess they're doing a few orders of magnitude better than the older generations did, at least.

Lol, no. Just look at how much worse males are at expressing any kind of love towards each other, for example.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136321 on: August 03, 2018, 10:32:40 am »

I sure like this depression topic better, not even kidding.  We have such a better understanding of psychology nowadays, which leads to more diagnoses.  Not because more people are sick, but because we can actually tell.  Maybe even help.

Or at least just *talk* about mental health (or non-vanilla sexualities/etc) without literally dying of shame and scandal.

Would you guess as well that the younger generation isn't doing so well about being taught how to manage emotions and where to draw clinical conclusions about how they feel?
I'd guess they're doing a few orders of magnitude better than the older generations did, at least.

Lol, no. Just look at how much worse males are at expressing any kind of love towards each other, for example.
I don't really agree?  Setting aside the romantic love of course, I think guys are becoming more comfortable with close male friendships.  Showing too much platonic affection for another guy used to be more dangerous...  And you can still just say "no homo", anyway.

Yeah I think it does definitely fit into a venn diagram though. I was talking to a friend who was lamenting that dude subs know they're rare, and it tends to make them obnoxiously uppity.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136322 on: August 03, 2018, 10:38:49 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:08:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136323 on: August 03, 2018, 10:42:20 am »

I sure like this depression topic better, not even kidding.  We have such a better understanding of psychology nowadays, which leads to more diagnoses.  Not because more people are sick, but because we can actually tell.  Maybe even help.

Or at least just *talk* about mental health (or non-vanilla sexualities/etc) without literally dying of shame and scandal.

I don't really agree?  Setting aside the romantic love of course, I think guys are becoming more comfortable with close male friendships.  Showing too much platonic affection for another guy used to be more dangerous...  And you can still just say "no homo", anyway.

No. It's the other way around. Males being afraid of intimacy is a modern trend, 20th century even.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136324 on: August 03, 2018, 10:56:15 am »

I'm lost. Are we fighting now?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136325 on: August 03, 2018, 10:58:20 am »

Yes we're fighting now. It might not look like it, sound like it, taste like it, but blood has been spilled and more is on the way.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136326 on: August 03, 2018, 11:13:20 am »

Not particularly fond on violence. Already seen too much upclose for a lifetime.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136327 on: August 03, 2018, 11:15:24 am »

Yes we're fighting now. It might not look like it, sound like it, taste like it, but blood has been spilled and more is on the way.

You know where it all goes, where it eventually flows. The blood that we spill, with every kill. Ultimately, it reaches the hatefully forlorn, our almighty Lord Khorne! Blood for the blood god.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136328 on: August 03, 2018, 11:17:22 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:08:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136329 on: August 03, 2018, 11:18:33 am »

I stopped buying crumpets because they make me too aroused.

...Oh wait, I missed the sex thing. What are we talking about now?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136330 on: August 03, 2018, 11:28:40 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:08:18 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136331 on: August 03, 2018, 12:17:45 pm »

I stopped buying crumpets because they make me too aroused.

...Oh wait, I missed the sex thing. What are we talking about now?

Crumpets? I enjoy crumpets but I enjoy them despite all those horrible little holes and eurgh.  I flinshivered at the very thought.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136332 on: August 03, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »

But that’s where the butter goes when it melts, you fucking heathen.

Bottom needs to be crispy though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #136333 on: August 03, 2018, 02:41:07 pm »

Fairly certain that an unattractive (physically and personally) Englishwoman is trying to get me to go on a date with her.

I have no such inclination, and she's a work colleague.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136334 on: August 03, 2018, 02:49:52 pm »

Well, at least then you have the "I don't date where I work" excuse handy. It's pretty solid, as far as excuses go.

Unless you're also trying to get with another work mate.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9087 9088 [9089] 9090 9091 ... 11040